Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Favorite class to solo

x82nd
x82nd
I am curious to hear what's everyones favorite class to solo and explore in pve. I have had a little luck with a 2H/light armor sorcerer as long as I never rely on my clanfear to actually hold aggro.
  • Bretentious
    Bretentious
    ✭✭
    Easily an assassination focused Nightblade. Teleport Attack makes getting a sneak attack off so much easier and it's bloody satisfying to boot.
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonknight tank. I block around 80% of the dmg with maxed armor on melee attacks which i think is around 10% of the max dmg. Combined this with aoe dmg and a self heal i have had no issues whatsoever.
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • JumboWheat01
    JumboWheat01
    ✭✭
    I'll have to say so far, it's my Assassination-focused Dual Wield Nightblade, since it feels so satisfying using those class skills, and also because he is a handsome Khajiit with a glorious mane.

My Ardent Flame-focused Dragonknight is also a blast to play. As is my Dark Magic-focused Sorcerer. Heck, everything I've tried during the Early Access was a blast. I look forward to my physical Imperial Edition copy showing up so I can try some more styles.
    Echoes from the west, great hammers will fall...
    Under high rocks all will answer the call...
    Bring us your arms, pariahs of yore...
  • MkChkn
    MkChkn
    Digging my dps Templar 2H with medium armor. I start with a ranged dot, throw a javelin, and then 2h crit charge into the fray
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonknight tank. I block around 80% of the dmg with maxed armor on melee attacks which i think is around 10% of the max dmg. Combined this with aoe dmg and a self heal i have had no issues whatsoever.
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Night Blade with lots of sneak attacks.

Dragon Night mage (though i am finding it boring and OP, charged into a mob, hit wall of elements, burning talons, fire breath....rinse ad repeat......).
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • mercenaryaieb17_ESO
    I played solo NB up to lvl8 during beta. It was okay, but felt same since I played rogues in every MMO I touched. Sneak, burst damage until mob is dead, repeat.

So in live I'm playing a Sorc (bow/destro), and it's fantastic to solo.
    Can play as heavily armored (bound armor + lighting form) - check.
    Can play as burst/sustained ranged damage dealer - check.
    Has pets for additional fun - check.

If I had spare skill points, I would also try melee styles for solo PvE.
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    My most successful and fun solo PvE build right now is my melee sorc 'Thane'.
    Start as a sorcerer only using storm calling, with heavy armor and 2-handed weapons.

Nothing like zapping with a lightning bolt at range, critical charging to melee range, cleave, lightnining form, and uppercut. Very satisfying.
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    My dual wielding 2 light 5 medium armor NB. Even though levelling from 30-40 made hell and purgatory combined feel a bit frosty.
  • MachoKing
    MachoKing
    my main is a dark elf DK with sword & board / destruction staff, and a sorcerer in heavy armor with dual weild / destruction staff; enjoying both; browsing for other ideas though