The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck in a Crash Reporter>Game Window Closes Loop.

Tigerseye
Tigerseye
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
OK, so game crashes (nothing new there!).

I try to get back on by hitting Play on the launcher (as usual), only then does the Crash Reporter come up.

Then, whether I submit a crash report, or cancel the Crash Reporter window, the game window then closes and the entire cycle repeats...

So, I'm stuck in a: hit Play>Crash Reporter window comes up>submit report/cancel report> game window closes>hit Play>Crash Reporter window comes up>submit report/cancel report>game window closes loop and can't get out of it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things to do before trying again.

First, repair your client via the launcher. Second, restart the PC. Do both then try again.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks - I've restarted my PC several times, already and am also running a repair, but it appears to be permanently stuck on 2%.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Tigerseye

Try reinstalling the ESO Launcher as this may help with the crash reporter looping.

You can delete the launcher itself from the install directory (located by default at C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher) and re-download it from the account management page. Once downloaded, simply reinstall the launcher.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to be having some kind of sudden problem with my laptop, since this happened, as well (not sure if they are connected, or not?).

As I can't enter text into the search window, to find the file on the C drive.

So, I think I may just have to leave it until I get a new laptop, at some point.

Thanks very much, anyway. :)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be an issue if you are having troubles dealing with the C drive. Of course you seem to have figured this out.

I would suggest opening up a tech support ticket as they might be able to help you isolate the problem and make sure it is a hardware issue.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK, thanks again, idk.

I did try deleting the launcher (found it via another route) and then downloading the game from the link provided (I assume that is what I was supposed to be doing, as there wasn't a link to only download the launcher alone), but after the usual download graphic, on the Firefox tab, no window came up to continue the process.

Have a feeling I would have to delete the entire game and start again.
    Edited by Tigerseye on October 7, 2019 5:49PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and "Keep me signed in" is a lie, as well.

Ticked the box for that last night and it has already logged me out.

Meaning I would then have to re-verify, from my email address, as it keeps accusing me of logging in from a new device, despite the fact I have been on this device for over 2 years and have already verified it (and the last one!) by code, multiple times...
    Edited by Tigerseye on October 7, 2019 5:55PM