The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mystical Guard instant kills me when the target dies

maddiniiLuna
maddiniiLuna
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I was trying to help a fellow team member in Cyrodiil with Mystical Guard and as he died so did i (while at almost full health) i went from healthy to dead in a second puff.
  • I'm playing PC EU Servers
  • Current Patch is eso.live.5.1.10.1874693

After this has happened i also could not respawn anywhere or do anything else. I had to ALT + F4 and wait untill my character got kicked from the server. In part 2 of the Video i've tried to "unstuck" me and besides that it took forever to load, it brought me back to a wayshrine with the same problem which was a bit strange.

https://youtu.be/yGMIK3ZEBRM
  • Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. This one's frustrating. I only play guardtanks and it's happened 5 times now since they revamped guard and broke it completely. Just like your vid shows, the person I'm guarding dies and I instantly die too ... then, yep, can't rez. Funnily enough, people see me as alive and can't rez me. A templar from another faction even came along and javelin spammed me. I have to log out/log in to fix it. 4 out of 5 times, I've logged back in dead but I was able to rez. Last time, I logged back in alive and peachy, so who the hell knows.

Guard desync is crazy and frustrating enough - I'm literally always at 100% on my screen until I die from a light attack. Add this crazy can't rez stuff to the mix and yet another reason I wonder why I play this game. Among so many bugs to fix, this one seems the easiest: revert guard to how it functioned before they broke it. Was guard too easy on the tank then? Yeah, definitely, but at least it worked. It's impossible to guard anyone reliably if your only clue you're about to die is the audio drop.

This thread focuses on the guard health desync. One of the threads linked within has a comment from Gina on July 2nd: "Hi all, we're aware of this issue but are still working on getting it fixed."

Any chance of an update, ZOS? Pretty please?
  • Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and thank you for the video. Not only nice to point out the bug, but now I can show my friends what I'm working with :)
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep happens 50% of the time when my guard target dies, i kind of Die with the target too (but cannot res)
  • Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, so this just happened ... the same thing occurred the OP documented where I died at nearly full health while guarding someone else. I was right by sej and on my screen I'm dead and I couldn't rez ... but then sej flipped and the guards all swarmed and attacked me until I died AGAIN ... and then I could rez.

I mean ... WTF Zos
  • Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    to be clear on this: I was dead on my screen, was given the option to soul gem rez but couldn't rez ... and then guards respawned, ran up to my dead body and attacked me, a sound played indicating I'd been killed, then they ran back to their posts. Yeah, they killed me while I was still dead on my screen ... but then the soul gem rez option was gone and I could actual rez.

I repeated ... WTF ZOS
    Edited by Kaeriz on October 9, 2019 4:11AM
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's getting worse. It's daily and multiple times a day and fighting outnumbered made us lose between load screens and randomly just dead. When is this getting fixed please? I mainly enjoy super tanks and healers the most in cyrodiil and ever since you destroyed permablock tanking I've just been able to tank great again and this happens. Just this one thing for me please thanks.
  • Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't experienced it getting worse, just progressively more frustrating as this completely bugged out skill continues to be neglected. The whole dying while I'm dead thing was mind-blowing, but overall it's been the same experience. The instadeath seems random af, but the health desync is a guarantee with the only question being the degree. Some days are straight up bad, like in @RouDeR 's and @maddiniiLuna 's vids, but most days are just mostly bad - and the latter is about all us guards can hope for.

As a miraculous exception, about a week ago I had an epic fight guarding a friend and I wasn't health desync'd at all. That was fun, you know, being able to look at a functioning health bar. Though in the end, when my friend finally died, I died instantly too. So it goes. But yeah ... some kind of recognition from ZOS of this stupidly bugged out skill would be nice. My money's on a Q2 2020 fix, but maybe I'm optimistic.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I first noticed the guard health desyncing was the first time for myself and it wasn't stopping. I usually am not tethering as a tank and since we kept running into much larger groups the three of us can last longer and maybe win with tether. That's when I noticed I died at full health. Took the video to study the incident. This was my only experience about 2 to 3 weeks ago now. That happening over and over. Then I read about the Insta-kill from the guard ability and thought wow, I haven't had that one. About 3 or 4 days ago bam, I'm just dead, no death recap and it says resurrect here with soul gem but it doesn't work. Now every time I'm in cyrodiil this is happening as well. So from my perspective this Insta-death thing is 3 to 4 days happening for me while trying to stay alive with no health bar is about 3 weeks old. And all relative to when I began using guard. But from my isolated experience it is growing in issue. Maybe the code is transforming as it goes lol. Maybe next we get immortality...