The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jewelry extraction odds?

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I was wondering what are the odds of getting grains with all the passives in jewelry ?

50% ? 75%?

I could not find any information online do share if you know thanks !
Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no published, "official" statistics on it. ZoS doesn't release the drop rates on those things. Anecdotally, I've experienced about a 60-70% drop rate with maximum passives.

Note: This is just for deconning dropped gear.

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With all refine passives it's about 60% chance of getting the upgrade material grain back. That's the value I've noticed when deconstructing dungeon and trial dropped jewelry so I tend to base my decision of deconstructing or selling purple jewelry around it. Zircon Grains are on average about 2.4-2.5K on EU-PC. So if the jewelry MM is less than 60% of that, or around 1.5K gold, I will deconstruct it. Otherwise I will sell it as it is. For green and blue jewelry I usually do the same calculation, though prices for Terne and Iridium are high enough that I generally deconstruct any green or blue jewelry that drops. A few select set jewelry still sells at around 1K even at blue quality, so those are the only exceptions.
    Edited by Asardes on October 2, 2019 11:21AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks So technically buying jewelry at 800 gold and deconstructing and selling the grains it is possible to make money...
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oneskygod wrote: »
    Thanks So technically buying jewelry at 800 gold and deconstructing and selling the grains it is possible to make money...

You will get the occasional person in the Alik'r desert, zone chat offering to buy all purple jewelry via cash on delivery for around 1K sometimes over sometimes a little under. On PC/NA at least.

Zircon grains tend to go for anywhere from 2.5 - 3K a piece with 26 - 30K being the rough average for the finished plating.

Personally I decon all the jewelry I am not planning to use or sell, the odds are decent that you will get a grain back.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @oneskygod What I can speak of is the drop rate regarding my 8 chars in EU and 1 in NA: I've been getting at least one grain consistently, almost everyday, with chars that have the jewelry crafting rank maxed (All of the EU chars). Some days I get double grains (green, blue and purle. Double gold grains happened way less.)
    My NA char gets a grain and survey reports once in a while but the char is only jewelry crafting rank 2 atm.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @oneskygod What I can speak of is the drop rate regarding my 8 chars in EU and 1 in NA: I've been getting at least one grain consistently, almost everyday, with chars that have the jewelry crafting rank maxed (All of the EU chars). Some days I get double grains (green, blue and purle. Double gold grains happened way less.)
    My NA char gets a grain and survey reports once in a while but the char is only jewelry crafting rank 2 atm.

You are referring to doing jewelry writs. Which yes, have a guaranteed grain drop at max level.

The OP was about deconstructing jewelry, which is not guaranteed.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @oneskygod @tmbrinks Regarding deconstruction... It's a bit strange that maxed master crafters chars can't get a guaranteed drop for deconstructing any jewelry piece. Efficiency should be a lot higher when your char has all skills and passives maximized....
    From I what recall from my experience, I'd say my average success rate is somewhere between 60-80%. Rarely I get the 100% success rate.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @oneskygod @tmbrinks Regarding deconstruction... It's a bit strange that maxed master crafters chars can't get a guaranteed drop for deconstructing any jewelry piece. Efficiency should be a lot higher when your char has all skills and passives maximized....
    From I what recall from my experience, I'd say my average success rate is somewhere between 60-80%. Rarely I get the 100% success rate.

I would tend to agree.

I think the extraction passive for gear drops should be similar to that they did with jewelry writs at maximum level.

You are guaranteed to get 1 material at the level of the item (decon a purple, get a purple material, etc...)

You have a decent chance (about 1 in 6) of getting 1 additional material at a level below what you're deconning (decon a purple, get a blue (or green))

You have a rare chance (about 1 in 100) of getting 1 additional material at the level of the item.

The 1 in 6 is about the odds of getting double grains from jewelry writs, with the 1 in 100 being the approximate odds of getting a full plating.

I don't think this would be too strong, but at least occasionally you might get 2 druegh wax when you deconstruct a gold item, which would be a good surprise, and might promote some more deconstruction, without greatly affecting the market.

Just my $0.02