The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can I learn jewel crafting if I bought Elsweyr but not Summerset?

Sheylara
Sheylara
I mean, can I get jewel crafting certification and do writs if I didn't buy Summerset, but I have Elsweyr?
Edited by Sheylara on September 11, 2019 10:14PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have to have access to the Summerset DLC (it became one once Elsweyr was released)

So, if you have ESO+, then yes, you can get certified in jewelry crafting.

You could also purchase the Summerset DLC with crowns in order to gain access if you don't have ESO+
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Sheylara
    Sheylara
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    you have to have access to the Summerset DLC (it became one once Elsweyr was released)

So, if you have ESO+, then yes, you can get certified in jewelry crafting.

You could also purchase the Summerset DLC with crowns in order to gain access if you don't have ESO+

Thank you for your answer! I do have ESO+ so I'll try to figure it out! :smiley:
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talk to Felarian outside the Plaza of the Hand in Alinor.
    Edited by GenjiraX on October 1, 2019 4:50AM
  • Philtho
    Philtho
    ✭✭✭
    I just found out last night that there were writs for Jewelry. Everything else is like level 30 and was wondering why the hell my Jewelry is sitting at 7. Then I found out they have a single writ dude all the way out in Summerset.

Why not put writ certs everywhere else for this. Now I'm playing catch up. Oversight?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Philtho wrote: »
    I just found out last night that there were writs for Jewelry. Everything else is like level 30 and was wondering why the hell my Jewelry is sitting at 7. Then I found out they have a single writ dude all the way out in Summerset.

Why not put writ certs everywhere else for this. Now I'm playing catch up. Oversight?

Probably because you are required to own Summerset in order to use Jewelry Crafting.

If you can get to the certifying NPC, you can also use Jewelry Crafting. Its potentially much more confusing to do it the other way where players would see this NPC in their starter town that they can't use unless they own Summerset.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Philtho wrote: »

Probably because you are required to own Summerset in order to use Jewelry Crafting.

If you can get to the certifying NPC, you can also use Jewelry Crafting. Its potentially much more confusing to do it the other way where players would see this NPC in their starter town that they can't use unless they own Summerset.

Pretty much this. To put it simply it's much easier to handle a smaller population of support tickets because people cant find the jewelry cert guy in alinor than explaining to a much larger group that they need to own the dlc or have plus to do so.