Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

My little rant about the game so far.

LarZen
LarZen
✭✭✭
Posting here since there is no general section to post to in this forum.

First of I want to say that I like this game!

I am having allot of fun and I like to explore and do basically everything the developers have given us the option to do.
I should probably first point out that I am only lv 17 and have 3 other characters around lv 10 ish. So this entire topic is based on what I so far have experienced. And could very well change once I progress.

So here is my rant:

I feel alone. Alone in a huge world filled with players. It's to be honest not what I expected to feel about a new mmorpg game.
This could be a great singleplayer RPG game. The only time I have to interact with other people is when I want to do a dungeon or to a little degree a anchor.

And that is basically something I rarely do. So far in the game anyways.

When I stand in a city I am just seeing people run around like crazy chickens. It's like standing in a new city you just moved to and even tho you are surrounded by people you feel like the most lonely person in the world.

I cant see what the people names are or what guild they are with. I cant recognize anyone to be frankly...everyone looks the same and everyone just runs around minding their own.

I have grouped with some players from time to time. And it's just a mess. Often resulting in we not seeing each other and having to teleport around. The same goes for quests etc even when not in group. People running around being invisible or you just feeling like you are...or actual being invisible....

Fighting when the anchors comes down is the only part where I feel like I am in a world where we as players work together. It's a kinda boring battle to be honest and demands little to nothing from us as players to work together...it's just nuke,loot and run along.

Again, let me point out that I am only lv 17 and this is based on what I have experienced so far and could change as I progress. Just reminding you that are reading :wink:

I have only done one dungeon and I play as a Dragon Knight tank. I found the experience to be frustrating. You cant pull 1 mob that is alone. Or any kind of crowd control except locking a bunch of mobs to the ground. What ever you do results in a big pack coming for you and your party. As a DK you have as far as I know or at my level no area of field/AOE taunt. Making it just a big mess with everyone running around trying to kill one of 3-7 mobs attacking.

And did you actually think that people would be so polite to actually share the chests in a dungeon? How naive are you? :smile:

Well that is some of the things I feel about this game. I will stand on the street corner watching everyone just run like crazy while I play a song or two.

• cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what you are after ... if its a conversation and someone to notice you exist in the game. Feel free to add me if your on the EU server, send a message to my inbox
  • stylernaku
    stylernaku
    ✭✭✭
    I see many posts like this and see your thinking. At the same time however I've played in public dungeons and done the ones using group finder. There's guilds for you to join, and while doing quests, or hunting vamp/ww spawns, i've also had invites a plenty.

You're experience so far is not the game state. Yes it could have more added to make this better sure, but as the game is right now, there's plenty of social options available to you, it's up to you to seek them out and use them.

The game is not standing in your way.

Loot is great in this game and is better than many I have played mmorpg wise (been playing them since star wars galaxies back in the day and player wow for a period when first released but stopped shortly after it's first expansion and was being flooded with younger players who brought a toxic player base with them).

Chests are a rare find, and it's player discretion with them. I like that aspect.

I'm not a fan boy of this game, but when people state their experience or opinion, I just like to point out that's precisely what it is, their perception and that's fine, but this isn't the reality of the game, and further more you can make matters for yourself better with a little optimism and hindsight of what's available to you.

If you want to enjoy this game more, it really isn't hard with the right attitude, lets just not jump on the hipster bandwagon and nay say as it's the new trend.

Gets a bit tiresome.
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarZen wrote: »
    Posting here since there is no general section to post to in this forum.

First of I want to say that I like this game!

I am having allot of fun and I like to explore and do basically everything the developers have given us the option to do.
    I should probably first point out that I am only lv 17 and have 3 other characters around lv 10 ish. So this entire topic is based on what I so far have experienced. And could very well change once I progress.

So here is my rant:

I feel alone. Alone in a huge world filled with players. It's to be honest not what I expected to feel about a new mmorpg game.
    This could be a great singleplayer RPG game. The only time I have to interact with other people is when I want to do a dungeon or to a little degree a anchor.

And that is basically something I rarely do. So far in the game anyways.

When I stand in a city I am just seeing people run around like crazy chickens. It's like standing in a new city you just moved to and even tho you are surrounded by people you feel like the most lonely person in the world.

I cant see what the people names are or what guild they are with. I cant recognize anyone to be frankly...everyone looks the same and everyone just runs around minding their own.

Mouse over works for me does it not for you?

I have grouped with some players from time to time. And it's just a mess. Often resulting in we not seeing each other and having to teleport around. The same goes for quests etc even when not in group. People running around being invisible or you just feeling like you are...or actual being invisible....

Why are you so stuck on having a name above the heads of other people? Because most mmo's have done it? Are you out of your comfort zone because this isn't like other MMO's? Is it that game breaking for you? I find that it is more realistic to have no name plates personally.

Fighting when the anchors comes down is the only part where I feel like I am in a world where we as players work together. It's a kinda boring battle to be honest and demands little to nothing from us as players to work together...it's just nuke,loot and run along.

So don't do the anchors but you said you were having fun with the content, I'm confused.

Again, let me point out that I am only lv 17 and this is based on what I have experienced so far and could change as I progress. Just reminding you that are reading :wink:

I have only done one dungeon and I play as a Dragon Knight tank. I found the experience to be frustrating. You cant pull 1 mob that is alone. Or any kind of crowd control except locking a bunch of mobs to the ground. What ever you do results in a big pack coming for you and your party. As a DK you have as far as I know or at my level no area of field/AOE taunt. Making it just a big mess with everyone running around trying to kill one of 3-7 mobs attacking.

Leadership in a dungeon may help you, take the people you are grouping with in hand and give them a job to do. It's a new game not like that other game where you download a mod and it tells you what and when to push a button. Just saying,,,either take command or have someone with you that will.

And did you actually think that people would be so polite to actually share the chests in a dungeon? How naive are you? :smile:

Well that is some of the things I feel about this game. I will stand on the street corner watching everyone just run like crazy while I play a song or two.

I'm not sure if you are just complaining for attention, because you first say you are enjoying this game then go on and pick at small problems perceived as real problems. I don't want a name plate over my head personally. If you feel alone talk to someone. You are the one holding back as far as I can see. I guess I just don't understand your problem sorry.