Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Is there something wrong?

holden_caulfield
holden_caulfield
✭✭✭
Hi all,
A few times while running around happily farming nodes I met a strange char.
Its almost transparent (have only light shade of Black) and keep running from node to node harvesting everything.

Mouse overing on it does nothing. No name, no health bar, no F menu.
Is it normal or something I should report.
Anyway I have done many screenshot.

Hope not to sound a moron
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    could be a bot or someone in invis
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please report them. Most of them are bots....or they are people training their bots.

These are resource harvesting bots, and are cheaters.

So you know, the "invisibility" is the result of Koliopi essence. (obtained from simple quest in Greenshade near main town)

The way you determine if they are bots or not is to get to a resource node before them and harvest it. If they still go to where the node was and pause, it's a bot. A player in real time wouldn't do that. ....because the node had already been harvested.

Other tell tell indicators are the harvester is moving extremely fast, and very obviously wearing 3 swift jewelry and/or a sorc with hurricane etc. Most people won't level up a toon just to use it for farming resource nodes.

There are XP farming bot trains too. Keep a look out for those and report those too. These will be low level toons following each other EXACTLY from low level npc to low level npc, and not doing much except killing the local fauna. Please report the XP bot trains too. Sometimes they do actually address the issue.
    Edited by Cavedog on September 30, 2019 11:22AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't say that I have seen that exact one. Could be a player farming using a disguise, polymorph, spell, etc. I usually see the one that makes them more of a shimmering blue color (obtained from Greenshade quest).

Depending on what is between you and them, you might not get anything on a mouse over. They did something to the mouse over identification a few updates back that sort of broke it. Now, it is more likely to identify dead bodies than characters, if the character is behind it.

It will be interesting to see what other say.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • holden_caulfield
    holden_caulfield
    ✭✭✭

It cant be inv because I follow them for a while. They just run a straight line from One node to another. They never mount.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It cant be inv because I follow them for a while. They just run a straight line from One node to another. They never mount.

Sounds like a bot that's also using another hack to 'hide' themselves, but is doing a poor job of it...

...Not that it matters, because ZOS is so bloody slow on delivering action--if at all--that most botters and hackers literally do not care, hence the recent surge in fly/collision hackers.
    Edited by Numerikuu on September 30, 2019 11:17AM
  • holden_caulfield
    holden_caulfield
    ✭✭✭
    Numerikuu wrote: »

Sounds like a bot that's also using another hack to 'hide' themselves, but is doing a poor job of it...

...Not that it matters, because ZOS is so bloody slow on delivering action--if at all--that most botters and hackers literally do not care, hence the recent surge in fly/collision hackers.

Ti be honest eso its a paradise bot wise. Other mmorpgs are still running only because cheaters are playing them.
    Thats why i was so surprised to see something like that in eso
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw a person like that this morning (Bleakrock). Probably a bot, since they didn´t pick up psijic portals (or could have not unlocked them, but my bet is with bot).

The transparent skin could of course be since they try to be inconspicuous. And if you can´t get an ID, yeah then it´s 99.99% bot.
    The way you determine if they are bots or not is to get to a resource node before them and harvest it. If they still go to where the node was and pause, it's a bot.

Or me, being disappointed and sad, in Orsinium.
    Edited by MaleAmazon on September 30, 2019 11:59AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kollopi Essence is pretty common for farmers for some reason.

But do know that plenty of players do level up characters just to farm mats, particular those of us who make most of our gold that way. Its pretty simple to turn any max CP stamina character into a farmer with the right CP passives and some speed or running gear.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to point out that it makes little sense for farming bots to hide like this.

They roam freely, using whatever cheat software that runs the profiles, quietly going in circles for as long as ZOS allows it. Most of you run past them without even a second look at them. Hiding in plain sight decreases the chance of being reported.

No, this is probably a player, not a bot. Probably.
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might have agreed if not for the mouse-over thing. I haven´t had a problem with it though. The character looked quite 'bot-y', but I didn´t follow it around since that might cause me to realize what I am doing which would force me to reevaluate my life.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaleAmazon wrote: »
    I might have agreed if not for the mouse-over thing. I haven´t had a problem with it though. The character looked quite 'bot-y', but I didn´t follow it around since that might cause me to realize what I am doing which would force me to reevaluate my life.

I follow them. If necessary, I report them. If they are on PC NA, tell me where.

Following them is the only way to be sure. It is not how the bot looks, but how it acts.

I have had terrible trouble with "mouse over" identifying players/characters and not everything else that happens to be in view. Makes it harder to report them using add-ons.
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, seems to me the OP meant the player / bot really seemed to have found a way to hide their identity completely. I haven´t seen that personally, what I can remember.
  • Ruinhorn
    Ruinhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,
    A few times while running around happily farming nodes I met a strange char.
    Its almost transparent (have only light shade of Black) and keep running from node to node harvesting everything.

Mouse overing on it does nothing. No name, no health bar, no F menu.
    Is it normal or something I should report.
    Anyway I have done many screenshot.

Hope not to sound a moron

Server, zone, location?
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    Please report them. Most of them are bots....or they are people training their bots.

So you know, the "invisibility" is the result of Koliopi essence. (obtained from simple quest in Greenshade near main town)

The way you determine if they are bots or not is to get to a resource node before them and harvest it. If they still go to where the node was and pause, it's a bot. A player in real time wouldn't do that. ....because the node had already been harvested.

Other tell tell indicators are the harvester is moving extremely fast, and very obviously wearing 3 swift jewelry and/or a sorc with hurricane etc. Most people won't level up a toon just to use it for farming resource nodes.

There are XP farming bot trains too. Keep a look out for those and report those too. These will be low level toons following each other EXACTLY from low level npc to low level npc, and not doing much except killing the local fauna. Please report the XP bot trains too. Sometimes they do actually address the issue.

I've known several that do exactly that. They don't always need to level a character, simply repurpose an existing character.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mousing over PCs it's quite hard for some reason even if they aren't hidden. I have no trouble doing the same with NPC.
    I also noticed the fad of people wearing that Kolophi disguise, although they weren't bots, but relatively high CP (300+) with an actual name. So I don't think that's a good indication of botting. Most bots I've seen were the type that ran around on circuits killing animals for leather. I've also seen some oddly named players, with account name made up of a very long string of letters and numbers but other than that, they seemed to behave normally.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on PC there is a fantastic Addon called "Bot Scanner 2000" that quickly and easily scans the Bots for you so you don't have to try and type in their names.

Usually Bots have names like this"3kf8ae3afj937dafe" or something similar so you cannot easily type it in. Bot Scanner 2000 grabs it instantly and when you click on "Generate Report" all the info is there. You can add more info if desired or simply click on Submit.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1818-BotScanner2000.html
  • SquawkTheMajestic
    SquawkTheMajestic
    ✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »

I mean, you're crazy if you don't have a 'harvesting' set of armor in your alpha gear setup.

I have a 5pc coward's and 5pc fjord's well-fitted, as a magsorc. I can sprint to nodes at the level cap (i got the medium armor passive) and that's the only way I can stomach farming. So feel free to report me as a bot lol.
  • holden_caulfield
    holden_caulfield
    ✭✭✭
    So should I open a ticket or not. I dont see any consensus :neutral:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you think its a bot after you observed the player, go ahead and report. Even if you are wrong, ZOS can figure it out.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you think its a bot after you observed the player, go ahead and report. Even if you are wrong, ZOS can figure it out.

Yes. I doubt ZOS is going to ban anyone simply because they are reported. I have to believe they investigate these things, first.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a character outfit from an AD quest in mulburn that looks like flowers and will make you be partially invisible. I don’t recall the name, but I think it starts with a K
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaleAmazon wrote: »
    Ok, seems to me the OP meant the player / bot really seemed to have found a way to hide their identity completely. I haven´t seen that personally, what I can remember.

Try turning on nameplates, and setting it to display @ name. That might circumvent whatever they're doing.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Using an addon, maybe?
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP