Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mag Warden- No CP- BG Gameplay- No Meta Skills

UrbanMonk
UrbanMonk
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi All,

My 1st attempt to make a gameplay video. Hopefully it's not too bad.

I tried to make a Mag Warden using no Meta skills such as Entropy or Soul Trap and apparently it works. It's not a Solo Build but works well in a decent group.

Let me know if you have any suggestions to improve it further.

Tx.

https://youtu.be/C7G-3Kxn-_w
Edited by UrbanMonk on September 28, 2019 8:12AM
Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
-Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
-Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
-Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
-Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Holy-Dope
    Holy-Dope
    ✭✭✭
    Nice Gameplay there man. It's interesting to see that you have no Newly buffed DoT Skills :open_mouth: Everyone and their mother are running Soul Trap and Entropy but for not too long. Sticking to class skills is a good idea as long as ZOS doesn't kill them .
    Would you mind sharing a few more details about your build like skill, gear, race etc.?
    For a new player I liked your video but maybe Use some sort of Intro?
    DC- Holy DOPE, Altmer Nightblade
    (And many those who did not make it to the end R.I.P.)

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shacklebreaker patch?
    PC EU
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also want to point out, at least on EU anyway, that's pretty much a bread and butter set up for mag Warden.
    PC EU
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy-Dope wrote: »
    Nice Gameplay there man. It's interesting to see that you have no Newly buffed DoT Skills :open_mouth: Everyone and their mother are running Soul Trap and Entropy but for not too long. Sticking to class skills is a good idea as long as ZOS doesn't kill them .
    Would you mind sharing a few more details about your build like skill, gear, race etc.?

@Holy-Dope - Tx Man. It's a very Simple Build.
    Race: Nord- I know weird choice for Mag but Extra Health+ Stam+ Resistances+ Ulti Gen, too much to pass. Doesn't matter Mag or Stam.
    Gear- 5 Bright Throat+ 5 Crafty Alfiq+ 1/1 Chudan+Pirate
    Food- Spring Loaded Infusion.
    I tried to keep it as simple as possible without any need of grinding gear and apparently it's the best setup atm anyway for Mag classes. Warden gets all their damage buffed by Max Mag so works pretty good. Laos if you ask why not necro then, the difference between Necro and Alfiq is abt 600 mag. But with necro if you forgot to hit betty or it just dropped off at some point, you loose like 3k mag. I'd rather live with 100% mag all time with Alfiq. It's a personal preference.
    Shacklebreaker patch?

@WillhelmBlack - Thanks for spotting that. Now I feel so bad for this stupid mistake :disappointed: Corrected it so it should be updated now.
    Edited by UrbanMonk on September 28, 2019 8:24AM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice that you show some BG gameplay. We need more advertising as the BG community is really small and ZoS doesnt help us.
    Because I can!
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bashev - People get put off from BGs as the MMR goes up and you get more premades. . It's a shame the system is so not forgiving for New players. It probably is the least revenues stream for ZOS so offc they don't care abt it...unless there is a huge exploit or something in there.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    @Bashev - People get put off from BGs as the MMR goes up and you get more premades. . It's a shame the system is so not forgiving for New players. It probably is the least revenues stream for ZOS so offc they don't care abt it...unless there is a huge exploit or something in there.

Actually at EU PC there are max 2 premade groups per night. Most of the time it is only 1. The best advantage for the full premade is that they start 4 and the other teams usually are 3 and because they are waiting for a really high mmr person they play half of the game with 3 players. Next patch is supposed to solve this problem.

Another problem is that stamina has no cross healing. When 2+ stam characters are grouped if they dont have a healer they are doomed.
    Because I can!
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Vigor changes did hurt Stam Cross healing although for Premades, I'm still not sure how next patch will resolve this issue.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, Vigor changes did hurt Stam Cross healing although for Premades, I'm still not sure how next patch will resolve this issue.

Matches should start 4 vs 4 vs 4. At least this will be balanced. I am not going to tell you how many games i had where one of the teams is 4 the rest are 3 and they have 200 points lead before all the teams are full. Then you see start catching the points but most of the time either the time is not enough or they reach 500 before you.
    Because I can!
  • Holy-Dope
    Holy-Dope
    ✭✭✭

Race: Nord- I know weird choice for Mag but Extra Health+ Stam+ Resistances+ Ulti Gen, too much to pass. Doesn't matter Mag or Stam.
    I tried to keep it as simple as possible without any need of grinding gear and apparently it's the best setup atm anyway for Mag classes. Warden gets all their damage buffed by Max Mag so works pretty good. Laos if you ask why not necro then, the difference between Necro and Alfiq is abt 600 mag. But with necro if you forgot to hit betty or it just dropped off at some point, you loose like 3k mag. I'd rather live with 100% mag all time with Alfiq. It's a personal preference.

Thanks for answer. I"ll try to work it on my Magden. About time i dusted her off. What do you think abt next patch_ Magden being any good_

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that me Tea Bagging you at the end?
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

Matches should start 4 vs 4 vs 4. At least this will be balanced. I am not going to tell you how many games i had where one of the teams is 4 the rest are 3 and they have 200 points lead before all the teams are full. Then you see start catching the points but most of the time either the time is not enough or they reach 500 before you.

@Bashev - I know what you mean. So many times you end up n a group which is already 200 points less than the lead and has been playing handicapped for 5 min+...Usually ends up with no one reaching 500 or 1 team simply dominating it too much. It'd be a good change if the game wont start b4 3v3v3 or 4v4v4
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

@Bashev - I know what you mean. So many times you end up n a group which is already 200 points less than the lead and has been playing handicapped for 5 min+...Usually ends up with no one reaching 500 or 1 team simply dominating it too much. It'd be a good change if the game wont start b4 3v3v3 or 4v4v4

Battlegrounds
    • Accepting a Ready Check for a Battleground will now immediately send you to the Battleground. This is to help avoid a common situation where repeated Ready Checks happened with only one or two players not accepting them.
    • The Battleground will continue to find replacements for players that declined or timed out of the Ready Check. If the Battleground cannot find at least 3 players per team after 5 minutes, the Battleground will close and you will not receive a leaver debuff.

I really hope that this works.
    Because I can!
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for answer. I"ll try to work it on my Magden. About time i dusted her off. What do you think abt next patch_ Magden being any good_

@Holy-Dope - Magden IMO will be even stronger next patch, except they will loose the range stunn on Arctic blast but 8 % extra damage on Fetcher+ 8% extra dmg from perma min berserk, yeah they will be strong.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nt an issue
  • Holy-Dope
    Holy-Dope
    ✭✭✭

@Holy-Dope - Magden IMO will be even stronger next patch, except they will loose the range stunn on Arctic blast but 8 % extra damage on Fetcher+ 8% extra dmg from perma min berserk, yeah they will be strong.

Awesome. I guess even then you would be running same setup? or some change? can"t afford to get one set now and change it in 4 weeks again...

• UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Holy-Dope - Too early to tell. There are a couple of Really nice set coming up next patch, but it's only PTS week-2. An people are already crying nerf to those sets...so I guess we have to wait and watch. But even then the current setup as i use wont be obsolete.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Holy-Dope
    Holy-Dope
    ✭✭✭
    FML...I'm so poor and Bright Throat Items cost too much. I guess I've to go grind then.

• UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Holy-Dope - Alternatively you can use Necropotance+ War maiden/ Destruction Mastery/ Lich. Just combine a max mag set with a Sustain set. You should be fine. Don't worry about max Spell damage but Max Mag. All Skills of Magden scale with max mag.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Brander12
    Brander12
    ✭✭
    I don't understand unedited videos with stupid music on background sorry :neutral:
  • Dick_Gumshoe
    Dick_Gumshoe
    Soul Shriven
    @Brander12 - This is a Decent video with Nice music and he did say that it's his 1st time making a Video for ESO. SO cut him some slack and stop whining about NOTHING. I checked his videos from other games and he really makes good detailed guides.

However as a Feedback, It'd be Nice if next time you also Include A small section about your build followed by Game-play. Maybe a Small clip in the beginning. Makes it more Interesting but make sure to keep it under 10-12 minutes. No one has the patience to watch 20min+ Build videos.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrbanMonk wrote: »

Fetcher Infection is actually getting a really huge damage nerf since it's a DOT, though the debuff could still make it worth using...unlike other Magicka DOTs.

There has also been another PTS patch since your post was made, and Northern Storm/Permafrost were basically gutted. The damage got cut in half (this is only mentioned under the Permafrost morph, but I would be very surprised if it didn't also affect Northern Storm), and the passive Max Magicka on Northern Storm was changed to a buff that's only active for 30 seconds after using the ultimate. Sure, the total Magicka increase will now be +15% instead of +8%, but the buff duration sorta kills it for how I played before. Builds with a lot of ultimate generation might still find it useful I guess, but honestly I'd probably rather switch to Meteor and try to combo that with Deep Fissure and a stun.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wheem_ESO - You are absolutely right. Changes made in 5.2.+ are hurting for Magden.

1. Fetcher dmg reduced by 50% but as ZOS said they will be buffing all DOTS across the board by 20%, so it'll still be about 40% less damage with 8% minor Vulnerability which will apply to all other attacks, so it should be OKish on damage front.

2. But then loss of 8% passive mag will result in over all 3-4% damage reduced, so that kinda kills the 8% minor Vulnerability.

3. Range Stun removal and changes to Arctic Blasts are the most Hurting as this was one of the Last Range Stun in the game and only one for a Magden. This cant be compensated.

You are right about burst Combos. DF+Vamp drain+Meteor. Seems a good combo on paper or for Duals, but in BG and small scale PVP, I'm not too sure about it.

The way ZOS has been gutting classes, It's getting harder and harder to make builds which are good at anything if not Support which I believe is the ZOS vision for MagDen, A Support Class.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐