Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox connectivity and Disconnection

senote
senote
I've seen this issue raised by others but was wondering if anyone had found a solution. I haven't played ESO for 2 years and came back to it recently with a friend, we play a few hours each night, she averages 1 disconnection every 2 or 3 days, I average 4 or 5 disconnections each night. I've forwarded all the required ports but can't think of anything else that will help.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @senote

If your friend is getting disconnected multiple times a night you should try the troubleshooting in the help article below.

What do I do if I am disconnected on Xbox One with the error message "Unable to Connect to Server. Please Check Your Internet Connection"?

Deleting the local save data may also help in resolving this issue.

To delete save data on the Xbox One:
    1. Go to Games.
    2. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    3. Select Manage Game.
    4. Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
    5. Select Delete.
    6. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
      • Choose "Delete Everywhere" This will remove your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on

If none of these help, you can contact customer support for additional assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • senote
    senote
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @senote

If your friend is getting disconnected multiple times a night you should try the troubleshooting in the help article below.

What do I do if I am disconnected on Xbox One with the error message "Unable to Connect to Server. Please Check Your Internet Connection"?

Deleting the local save data may also help in resolving this issue.

To delete save data on the Xbox One:
    1. Go to Games.
    2. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    3. Select Manage Game.
    4. Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
    5. Select Delete.
    6. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
      • Choose "Delete Everywhere" This will remove your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on

If none of these help, you can contact customer support for additional assistance.

What exactly are the consequences of this, does it effect my character or progress in any way?
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    No consequences, all the character and progress data is stored online. At next login, your xbox will reload the data.

On a side note, are you connecting with wifi? If so, a hardwire cat5 connection will help.
  • senote
    senote
    Balibe wrote: »
    No consequences, all the character and progress data is stored online. At next login, your xbox will reload the data.

On a side note, are you connecting with wifi? If so, a hardwire cat5 connection will help.

Nope I've always used a cable.
  • iRaivyne
    iRaivyne
    ✭✭✭
    I've had the same issue with disconnecting multiple times a night since the maintenance earlier this week. I've tried all of the suggestions and nothing has helped. Every other load screen in cyrodiil, I have to restart my Xbox because the game freezes.
  • iRaivyne
    iRaivyne
    ✭✭✭
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the game tonight after 10 game freezes and 2 disconnects. Just froze again after only 30mins in cyrodiil. FIX. YOUR. GAME.
  • iRaivyne
    iRaivyne
    ✭✭✭
    Lasted almost an hour without freezing...
  • senote
    senote
    iRaivyne wrote: »
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the game tonight after 10 game freezes and 2 disconnects. Just froze again after only 30mins in cyrodiil. FIX. YOUR. GAME.

I don't think the problem is the game, if it were more people would be reporting the same issue. I fully appreciate that my connection issues aren't caused by the game but by something else.