The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

EBONY EPIDERMIS SKIN: will it return

Algorax
Algorax
✭✭✭✭
The title kinda explains the whole topic: this skin is no longer acheivable in game and it once was only for a restricted period of time so i am wondering if devs planned to give us another chance...
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebony was never achievable in-game. It's a variant of the Spiderkith skin that you can acquire from Cradle of Shadows.
    While things are always subject to change, there's been at least one suggestion that it's not coming back. So I don't want to get anyone's hopes up on its return.

4YpnOYV.jpg
    signing off
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it. Not so special btw :s
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id like to get it too, I hope to see it back one day
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got it I like it , but they did say it wouldn’t come back ??
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems requested by many players i encountered. Maybe they will bring it back as they did with the brassy assassin :)
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Algorax wrote: »
    Seems requested by many players i encountered. Maybe they will bring it back as they did with the brassy assassin :)

No just pull some other halfassed skin out no need to pull this one off the shelves.
    They said it was NEVER coming back so work for a real goal.
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭

No just pull some other halfassed skin out no need to pull this one off the shelves.

I see no reason to not bring it back for a limited amount of time
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd be very interested to see owner's opinion on this.

I come from a game that is currently enduring a massive flame war over a time-limited item that the developer also said would be "forever" exclusive to that time-frame.

A number of players have warned they would be prepared to take legal action against the company should the item be made available again.

Would this community react in the same way?

Personally not bothered. It's a cosmetic. shrugs

But I am curious.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭

I come from a game that is currently enduring a massive flame war over a time-limited item that the developer also said would be "forever" exclusive to that time-frame.

A number of players have warned they would be prepared to take legal action against the company should the item be made available again.

But I am curious.

Lol, those ppl need to have more sex :D
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People who want items they have to be never again avaliable are the worst, they just want to feel "special" that they have some item becuase they happened to be online at a certain time.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

4YpnOYV.jpg

@Algorax

Just read this, it says "and will disappear from the crown store FOREVER"
    please name and find any other returned crown store item with this description.

More items should be like this skin, in for a small window, then gone forever.
    Edited by Paazhahdrimaak on March 31, 2019 11:12PM
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭

4YpnOYV.jpg

@Algorax

Just read this, it says "and will disappear from the crown store FOREVER"

Just accept there are a few things that are not going to be rereleased

Let's see... nope, not going to happen: there is still no reason why this could not be added again. Other items were granted for a limited amount of time only and they were brought back again.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But I am curious.

Lol, those ppl need to have more sex :D

I quite agree with your sentiment.

Word of advice: If you ever plan on trying space-sims, be prepared for a community that takes everything far too personally.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭

Just coming back to tell you...

EAT IT! :p
    Edited by Algorax on September 21, 2019 3:35PM
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just coming back to tell you...

EAT IT! :p

Petty. But an awesome level of it. Lol
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Forever" got a new meaning.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my newest alt is very happy it came back..though I have to cover 99% of her skin, I mean fur because she looks like a raisin uncovered.
    D557-A3-DC-5-B64-4140-9747-9-E9-EC9-B3-F1-D4.jpg
    upload pictures url
    Edited by doomette on September 22, 2019 10:44AM
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Ebony Epidermis is available to purchase currently for 100 crown gems.
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Ebony Epidermis is available to purchase currently for 100 crown gems.

Read the previous dialogues. This topic started months ago, asking to put it back.

Btw, thank you ZOS!

And then one guy came and told us, without any real reason, to give up. So i remembered his attitude and came here, months later, to simply make him face reality. :D
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. While I myself am not bothered by this coming back (I do draw the line at the loyalty striped Senche though) I guess this outcome tells us all what ZOS' word means.

Absolutely nothing.

• fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well technically it's in a crate not in the store
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    fierackas wrote: »
    Well technically it's in a crate not in the store

And where are the crates?
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did say technically :P
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

3bbpch.jpg

I have the skin, and I'm glad others get another chance at it now. I rarely use it anyway. I was already very skeptical of things they say, but my reaction these days (like this example) is to laugh. It's also really funny when Mr. Krabs fails to learn to value his cook when Spongebob actually quits...and Krabs goes right back to taking advantage of him to restore the status quo.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skin never saw a re-release in its original category for direct purchase with crowns, with or without an ESO+ deal attached to it. So I don't see any point in arguing about it.
    signing off
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    The skin never saw a re-release in its original category for direct purchase with crowns, with or without an ESO+ deal attached to it. So I don't see any point in arguing about it.

Nothing to argue about. Read the title and the first messages in this topic to see where all this came from :)
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love the eyes but the rest of the skin is ….well...not my favorite.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still more honest than Frontier Developments.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    I love the eyes but the rest of the skin is ….well...not my favorite.

Thieves Guild Leathers or Outlaw hat ;)
    That’s what my Wiggletocks the Dainty posted earlier is rocking.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and so it returned again
This discussion has been closed.