Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best addon idea ever

Thicclady
Thicclady
✭✭✭
So, in addition to Pchat, or light stand alone addon, ability to make broadcast to all in friendlist! Or/and, ability to make lists to make broadcasts. So there would be lists called /friends1 /friends2... and on settings of that addon you could define certain people into those lists @account1 @account2....

So to simplify :

When write on ESO chat:

/friends1 Hello

"Hello" text goes to all in friends1 group, and friends1 group contains all accounts you configured in it in settings.

• Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not possible as one always needs to press the RETURN key manually if a chat message should be send to others.
    This means you'd need to press RETURN each time for every user on your friendslist.
    Addons could only post the message to the chat text edit, that's all.
    Edited by Baertram on September 13, 2019 9:54AM
  • Thicclady
    Thicclady
    ✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Not possible as one always needs to press the RETURN key manually if a chat message should be send to others.
    This means you'd need to press RETURN each time for every user on your friendslist.
    Addons could only post the message to the chat text edit, that's all.

Daemn..But, maybe it would be possible to circumvent it, for example there is addons also for sending mail to everyone in guild for example?
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you're getting into Spam territory, and it would be abused.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on September 14, 2019 10:42AM
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guild addons send mails to guild members, yes. But mails are not send directly and not received directly so this would make no sense at all, especially not for your use-case.
    So just accept it's not possible, and yes, @EmEm_Oh is correct, do not create some spam addon please.

I recommand getting with all of your friends into one guild and use the guild chat then. YOu can be in up to 5 guilds at the same time.
    Edited by Baertram on September 22, 2019 12:48PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold my beer...
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thicclady wrote: »
    So, in addition to Pchat, or light stand alone addon, ability to make broadcast to all in friendlist! Or/and, ability to make lists to make broadcasts. So there would be lists called /friends1 /friends2... and on settings of that addon you could define certain people into those lists @account1 @account2....

So to simplify :

When write on ESO chat:

/friends1 Hello

"Hello" text goes to all in friends1 group, and friends1 group contains all accounts you configured in it in settings.

Impossible with addons but possible with a macro. You would have to hardcode names of your friends into a macro though.
    According to TOS macros that give you an advantage over other players, are prohibited. Personally i see no advantage in a macro that allows you to say "Hello" to your friends, but you would have to ask someone from ZOS.
  • Dormiglione
    Dormiglione
    ✭✭

So to simplify :

When write on ESO chat:

/friends1 Hello

On Windows, I had my own tailored Game app, which helped me a great deal with "impossible" tasks, such as having a global market place, or crafting more than 1 item, for example. However, since I have switched to Mac, I have no "little helper", but think from time to time to make one.

My hope is however, that certain functions will become available to the game, such as networking to localhost. That would open a large new field for programming and really useful additions, without impacting in the same time security.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭

So to simplify :

When write on ESO chat:

/friends1 Hello

On Windows, I had my own tailored Game app, which helped me a great deal with "impossible" tasks, such as having a global market place, or crafting more than 1 item, for example. However, since I have switched to Mac, I have no "little helper", but think from time to time to make one.

My hope is however, that certain functions will become available to the game, such as networking to localhost. That would open a large new field for programming and really useful additions, without impacting in the same time security.

What you talk about here is clearly against the TOS of the game, isn't it? It's botting and wiriting external programs to help with ingame behaviour.
  • Thicclady
    Thicclady
    ✭✭✭

So to simplify :

When write on ESO chat:

/friends1 Hello

What you talk about here is clearly against the TOS of the game, isn't it? It's botting and wiriting external programs to help with ingame behaviour.

Well no. The key is "advantage" which means against other players usually, or game mechanics. Even if what he say would be technically against TOS, theres no way they enforces those, unless they cause problems with server like flooding. With your logic, it would be against TOS to write messages to notepad readily and paste them in game if go to extreme.
  • Dormiglione
    Dormiglione
    ✭✭

No. I was embracing the game and added features I wanted to have. There was no interference or hacking into the code. I used my hardware more cleverly, if you wish.

My "more clever usage" added repetitive key strokes and fixed glitches ZOS did not address, such as spinning in circles after each upgrade. And I added my own networking which in no matter interfere with the game, but it was for the game.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭

So to simplify :

When write on ESO chat:

/friends1 Hello

Well no. The key is "advantage" which means against other players usually, or game mechanics. Even if what he say would be technically against TOS, theres no way they enforces those, unless they cause problems with server like flooding. With your logic, it would be against TOS to write messages to notepad readily and paste them in game if go to extreme.

As this is not possible by the game, and ZOs has never allowed this to be happening, without having you to manually press the RETURN key, this also would be against the TOS if you write some code or macro which presses keys for you.

All key pressess done externally by other software (mabye not if you emulate key presses by software in order to support your gamepad...) would be against the TOS.

Just saying, it's not my decision :-) Don't be upset if someone at ZOs will decide what you did was not ok and bans you.
    Before doing such things you should ask if this is ok, and you shouldn't "assume" that it is.
    Edited by Baertram on November 6, 2019 4:48PM