The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS Problem

• yacoob
    yacoob
    ✭✭
    ...because I've just made a quick run, and I seem to be getting +7-10 fps on average. Stable >30fps in CC, that's a first for me.
  • Vivifier
    Vivifier
    ✭✭
    w50lm5zn9mry.png

I am having an increase in fps also, from 25(summerset) to 40 ( stormhaven ) now i reach 50-60 in many areas. What wasnt tested? Raids/cyro. I might come back to edit the post with results. Current settings as seen in the SCREEN. I had similar fps with 1440p BUT the mac was exhaling alot of heat so I reduced the resolution to 2048x1152 at which point and with the above setting i am getting a low hum that I feel more comfortable with.

My iMac on windows as i tested it a few days ago has a stable 60+ on bootcamp with all maxed ( sliders and options) BUT again the exhaling ( venting) is insane ( not to mention apfs filesystem is not recognised by the bootcamp so recovery etc etc).

My conclusion and given the crash is delayed right now to 4-5 h I d think this was a good patch. Force quit is still a thing at times also. More focus Zenimax, dont give up on fixes
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well it seems clear @ZOS_AlexTardif & @ZOS_GinaBruno that what i thought would happen has come to pass.

Instead of fixing the mac client, you gave us slight improvements and called that good enough and have now seemed to move on, despite the mac client still being broken.

maybe we need to discuss lifetime refunds?
  • demerdecanswrath
    demerdecanswrath
    ✭✭✭
    I'm playing on Intel UHD 630, so I'm basically in the absolute baseline spec just to get the game running. That said, I still enjoy the game even on Minimum->Low settings + Windowed mode. After Update 21 (4.3.5) I can bump up the settings just a little bit more without losing performance! Makes things a little more enjoyable until that inevitable eGPU upgrade comes around.

Any other comments on Update 21 performance?

edit: Forget everything I said, sky has turned to glitter on Alik'r Desert and is seizure inducing whenever I move the cursor. Performance is absolutely the worst. My 12" MacBook can play on Medium and my 2018 Mac mini can only do Minimum on same size window for some reason (even though it has the better GPU of the two). By Sithis!
    Edited by demerdecanswrath on February 26, 2019 12:05PM
    Characters:
    • Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
    • Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
    • Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)

Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.
  • demerdecanswrath
    demerdecanswrath
    ✭✭✭
    Any news for update 22?
    Characters:

• randallkn
    randallkn
    Looking at the Update 22 patch notes, there doesn't seem to be any reason to buy Elsweyr. Can anyone confirm?
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are expecting any performance improvements, then no.

In any case, these would come in the free basegame update anyway.

There is much to like in Elsweyr, but not from the Mac client perspective.
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    Well note that they just messed up fonts on mac :)
  • demerdecanswrath
    demerdecanswrath
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm also, not buying Elsweyr until the next chapter where they’ll rehire Chris because the .app won’t load at all for another sub par school project that’ll torture another generation of ESO lovers who did the holy sin of purchasing a Mac for their work/school/leisure life.
    Characters:

• rluke
    rluke
    ✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »
    I think this thread should get merged with this thread (listed below) since they are definitely related to the root cause from Update20 and the Vulcan renderer issues:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448995/unexpected-crashing-while-in-game/p1

ZOS replied, today, in the thread (mentioned above):

hpt2f6qet9dh.png

Any News about this message?
    Edited by rluke on May 23, 2019 4:24PM
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    Anyone tested PTS with performance changes?
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    Anyone tested PTS performance on mac? :)
    Edited by Puodas on September 29, 2019 4:31PM