The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does anyone know if BotS applies the 10% before or after damage hits shields?

Beaverton
Beaverton
✭✭✭
Does anyone know if BotS applies the 10% damage reduction before or after damage hits shields?

i.e. If an attack has 3K damage, will the attack only hit the shield for 2700 or is the 10% applied after it passes the shield (of course not taking into account the reduction from armor etc. . .)?
Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!

Best Answer

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Before should be. Shields are just like temporary health now
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Answer ✓
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know that it WON'T kill you if you spell out the ability before you go whole hog with the abbreviations?
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know that it WON'T kill you if you spell out the ability before you go whole hog with the abbreviations?

Sorry! Buffer of the Swift armor set. KInd of figured if you knew the answer, you would know the abbreviation.
    Edited by Beaverton on September 27, 2019 8:46PM
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buffer of the swift for the uninitiated.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube