Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Return of Dwarven Crates / Gem Items?

ookami007
ookami007
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone hear anything about the return of Dwarven Crates / Gem items?
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hard to predict, this season was brought back twice already. It would make sense to bring it back during morrowind anniversary event, but we just had one recently and no dwarven crates, so.. no idea

Maybe in summer?
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a pile of gems from free crates waiting for the pale guar.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just keep begging for the stuff to make a return like everyone else on the forums.

For me I support once its gone its gone for good across the board
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just keep begging for the stuff to make a return like everyone else on the forums.

But why? It's virtual stuff, it doesn't have to be limited. And this is one of the reasons these forums are for. Asking for stuff to return.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »

But why? It's virtual stuff, it doesn't have to be limited. And this is one of the reasons these forums are for. Asking for stuff to return.

Some people are obssessed with exclusivity and rarity, not wanting others to have.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JaZ2091 wrote: »
    Michae wrote: »

Some people are obssessed with exclusivity and rarity, not wanting others to have.

I know, I just don't getting it. For me it's not like "I'm happy because I have a thing that no one else has", but more like "I'm happy because I have a thing that I like". I never was up for this exclusivity sentiment.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Duduck_III
    Duduck_III
    ✭✭
    I need dwarven crates too, white river braids for my argonian ...I was hoping they would come back for the Morrowind event but ... :(
    PS4 EU
    * Sorry for my English not pefect *
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap dwarven crates returned 2-3 times, what in the world is the obsession with this specific type of crate? We literally got storm crates only once
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there another reason, other than spite or selfishness, that you feel this way? This isn't an attack, but those are the only two reasons I can think of that someone wouldn't want others to have an opportunity to have something, so I'm curious.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ookami007 wrote: »

Is there another reason, other than spite or selfishness, that you feel this way? This isn't an attack, but those are the only two reasons I can think of that someone wouldn't want others to have an opportunity to have something, so I'm curious.

@Ookami007
    If things never came back it gives the otherwise worthless item some value. Personally i like them because it shows that Ive been playing for a while, it shows i was there when that dlc came out. Putting up with all the changes over the years.

The biggest disappointment for me is when they rereleased the frost horse. The ugliest mount in my collection from when it first came out, but i loved it because it was the first limited time mount for xbox. Not many had it picked it up then, it showed until the storm atro crates that i had been playing since xbox drop. The second is the recent rereleased brassy assassin personality, i have fought every post asking for this, i had it since it came out, i have seen very few who had it, i loved that personality, then they put it back out, i load in that day literally all 12 people in that shadowfen bank had it equipped. I immediately took mine off.

Is this your first MMO? Status is a big part, no one wants to be mistaken for a new player when you have 4,000+ combined hours, and seeing some new cp123s with the stuff i have loved and had for years because they got a free crate and happen to get it? When i payed the original price. No that is just reason not to play.

Most things should never return, if that was the norm from the beginning, players would spend more money because they'll know there wont be another chance at it.

Added: In my family i was raised with "If you snooze you lose" so it also hurts internally when I see all these people begging for digital items, there is plenty in this game, no need to bring back old stuff. If you didnt get something cool when it drops something else will be along shortly.

I support ALL items never making a return. Even the ones i didnt get a chance to grab, because its special to those who have it. If you were not a part of the ESO community when it was released then you snoozed, if you couldnt afford it when it was released that sucks, but thats on you still.

Ive seen people asking for the Original Senche Tiger, yeah id love to have it. But i also love the fact i cant. When I see those who have it they immediately have my respect becuase they have been playing since the beginning.

Its not spite or selfishness
    Edited by Paazhahdrimaak on March 14, 2019 7:59PM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Ookami007
    If things never came back it gives the otherwise worthless item some value. Personally i like them because it shows that Ive been playing for a while, it shows i was there when that dlc came out. Putting up with all the changes over the years.

The biggest disappointment for me is when they rereleased the frost horse. The ugliest mount in my collection from when it first came out, but i loved it because it was the first limited time mount for xbox. Not many had it picked it up then, it showed until the storm atro crates that i had been playing since xbox drop. The second is the recent rereleased brassy assassin personality, i have fought every post asking for this, i had it since it came out, i have seen very few who had it, i loved that personality, then they put it back out, i load in that day literally all 12 people in that shadowfen bank had it equipped. I immediately took mine off.

Is this your first MMO? Status is a big part, no one wants to be mistaken for a new player when you have 4,000+ combined hours, and seeing some new cp123s with the stuff i have loved and had for years because they got a free crate and happen to get it? When i payed the original price. No that is just reason not to play.

Most things should never return, if that was the norm from the beginning, players would spend more money because they'll know there wont be another chance at it.

Added: In my family i was raised with "If you snooze you lose" so it also hurts internally when I see all these people begging for digital items, there is plenty in this game, no need to bring back old stuff. If you didnt get something cool when it drops something else will be along shortly.

I support ALL items never making a return. Even the ones i didnt get a chance to grab, because its special to those who have it. If you were not a part of the ESO community when it was released then you snoozed, if you couldnt afford it when it was released that sucks, but thats on you still.

Ive seen people asking for the Original Senche Tiger, yeah id love to have it. But i also love the fact i cant. When I see those who have it they immediately have my respect becuase they have been playing since the beginning.

That's actually pretty much the definition of selfishness: concerned more with what you want and what your status is, without regard to others' interests and enjoyment.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ookami007

This is a casual mmo, no one else cares how much time you have been playing if you are gatekeeping items
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya'll are the reason why they give out 4th place trophies.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ya'll are the reason why they give out 4th place trophies.

qcEFs0a.gif

You realize this isn't a race or a competition, right? We're talking about things people have to pay for?

Which, on the other hand, is also why I'm totally okay with the ice wraith, beta monkey, and senche tiger mount never returning: they weren't ever an "in the store for everyone" and shouldn't be.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a shot at the Dwemer horse again. So yes please bring these back. These current crates are terrible for me.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    I would like a shot at the Dwemer horse again. So yes please bring these back. These current crates are terrible for me.

They will go away soon :-) I wouldn’t mind to see dwarven crates back, I still miss some items from that season^^
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I've missed the Dwarven crates every time!

I want a lot of the cosmetic items from them, so I'd love to see them return.

I honestly think they should bring every past crown season back at least once per year, even if it's for a limited time.
  • Duduck_III
    Duduck_III
    ✭✭
    SecretJoy wrote: »
    Yes, I've missed the Dwarven crates every time!

I want a lot of the cosmetic items from them, so I'd love to see them return.

I honestly think they should bring every past crown season back at least once per year, even if it's for a limited time.

a special event ''crown crate '', every season comes back .... it would be good except for my money :p
    PS4 EU
    * Sorry for my English not pefect *
  • Lyontyr
    Lyontyr
    Soul Shriven
    i've been in this game since pre launch. supported it with sub the whole time minus one year when my life was in upheaval. i would like a second shot at getting the dwarf style glasses..