Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can i add add-ons to my game if i play on Geforce Now?

ProfessionalNoob
My pc is a bit of a toaster but now i can play this game at full potentional but i still would love to have some necessary add-ons that i know, so..... there is a method to add addons?
  • Moridin_82
    Moridin_82
    ✭✭✭
    Minion download it
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Moridin_82 wrote: »
    Minion download it

Download it to NVidia servers? Doesn't the game run server-side with GeForce Now? Or is it just offloading graphical processing? The latter seems inefficient.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on September 18, 2019 5:06PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addons go in your documents folder, which is still local. I have my doubts if it would work, but no reason you can't have minion put addons on your computer and give it a shot. I'm not exactly sure how Geforce Now works though.
  • ProfessionalNoob
    Addons go in your documents folder, which is still local. I have my doubts if it would work, but no reason you can't have minion put addons on your computer and give it a shot. I'm not exactly sure how Geforce Now works though.

Well it would work if the addons will be saved on the account and not the pc
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guess, if the game is played from a cloud now, you need to upload those addons to the cloud then somehow so they are installed where the game is installed.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They may have a My Documents for each user that can contain local saves and even addons. Seems like inviting instability though to allow players to add things to their servers. I also can't imagine them letting users download things from the Internet on their VMs. But they can always just delete a busted VM.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on September 22, 2019 4:46PM
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in IT so my information is probably more reliable than 12-year old kids who play on PS4 (no offense to any of you).
    When you play from the cloud you get just the game. They definitely would not give you a way to setup add-ons or anything else on their side. So no mods, add-ons, or anything else. That should go for any cloud streaming services as well and not just GeForce. I doubt any of them will EVER support more than just the standard game.

Also, GeForce will be supporting Android and people started using it in Android on Shield consoles. So no WIndows anyway and I'm guessing add-ons aren't supported in Android.
    Edited by malistorr on October 1, 2019 5:31PM
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    I'm in IT so my information is probably more reliable than 12-year old kids who play on PS4 (no offense to any of you).
    It's not.
    When you play from the cloud you get just the game. They definitely would not give you a way to setup add-ons or anything else on their side. So no mods, add-ons, or anything else. That should go for any cloud streaming services as well and not just GeForce. I doubt any of them will EVER support more than just the standard game.
    GeforceNOW supports addons for other games very well, just not ESO. For instance, WOW addons are supported through Twitch.
    Also, GeForce will be supporting Android and people started using it in Android on Shield consoles. So no WIndows anyway and I'm guessing add-ons aren't supported in Android.
    GeforceNOW is available on Windows and Mac. The Mac version is free. I use it anytime I'm on travel.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the IT as well but that does not say I know what GeforeceNow can, or not.
    If you want to be sure about what it supports with ESO you need to ask the developers and maintainers of the product, and not in the ESO forums :)
    And blaming 12-year old console kids (how did you know they answered here in the PC addon section?) won't provide a valuable and correct answer :#
    Edited by Baertram on October 6, 2019 11:16AM