The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vampires resistant to the sun and other stuff

ProfessionalNoob
So... this is canon or they made the vampires this way in order to be playable in an mmo?
I never understood why the vampire are affected in bad way by the sun, maybe because its from Arkay? Like the fire make sense since they are rotting bodies.
And in the quest your all life blood is sucked and then the blood of Lamae Bal enter your body or something like that, that makes you a pure vampire like Harkon (except in raw power) and you're not some kind of vampire which only have a disease?
And the last question is why the vampires have buffs for magic? Lore wise i mean.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are different clans of vampires. We're Lamae Bal's clan, which, yeah, ZOS decided they aren't vulnerable to sunlight because that works well in a single player game where players can [Wait X Hours] but not so well in an MMO where you have no control over time passing.
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with @VaranisArano.. The real bloodsuckers are always daywalkers..
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope if vampire ever gets buffs they add stamina morphs. Personally I’d also love to see the vampire lord come to eso as well
  • ProfessionalNoob
    I hope if vampire ever gets buffs they add stamina morphs. Personally I’d also love to see the vampire lord come to eso as well

I dont think that they will ever come because that's comming from Molag who give to the most loyal and impressive followers, and you who tried to kill him... yeah + everyone would want one and will be weird
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont think that they will ever come because that's comming from Molag who give to the most loyal and impressive followers, and you who tried to kill him... yeah + everyone would want one and will be weird
    It would be a little odd but I just want something impressive for us vampires something to put the fear in players when facing one 😎
  • ProfessionalNoob

It would be a little odd but I just want something impressive for us vampires something to put the fear in players when facing one 😎

Maybe some kind of evolution of extreme double edge? Idk, we need more abilities and the buff to be stronger, we take tons of damage from fire and our HP dont regen as fast as normal, so how about more stamina and magicka regeneration.
    And resistance to frost and poison like in skyrim, because... we are undead, i love playing as i vampire in skyrim especially with mods who improve it but in eso the difference is not that much.. and there already so many vampires in eso that it became a normie like thing.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe some kind of evolution of extreme double edge? Idk, we need more abilities and the buff to be stronger, we take tons of damage from fire and our HP dont regen as fast as normal, so how about more stamina and magicka regeneration.
    And resistance to frost and poison like in skyrim, because... we are undead, i love playing as i vampire in skyrim especially with mods who improve it but in eso the difference is not that much.. and there already so many vampires in eso that it became a normie like thing.

There are a lot of vampires because the benefits outweigh the drawbacks for many PVE builds.

That suggests that the solution to "Vampires are a normie like thing" is not to give Vampires more benefits and more abilities without adding even more substantial drawbacks.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Giving frost and poison resistance makes sense to me it benefit pvp and pve 🙂
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I still play skyrim a lot along side eso love my Breton vampire assassin mods are awesome really makes it fun af 🙂
    Edited by Deathlord92 on September 21, 2019 3:52PM
  • ProfessionalNoob

And I still play skyrim a lot along side eso love my Breton vampire assassin mods are awesome really makes it fun af 🙂

I highly recommand sacrosanct and better vampires to improve all the vampires in the game, it would be so fun to play as a vampire in skyrim after you installed sacrosanct and the vampire lord is more powerful just like it should be.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m just over here waiting for the Sunglasses facial adornment so I can finally make my Blade toon.