The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't install on 120G SSD due to running out of space.

Alinhbo_Tyaka
Alinhbo_Tyaka
✭✭✭✭✭
We are going to be doing some traveling so I wanted to install ESO on my wife's laptop to be able to check in for the daily gift and to get enough event tickets to buy the last berry. Her laptop uses a 120G SSD for the main drive and has 100G free. The space the game takes up on my gaming machine is 80G so there should be plenty of room on my wife's machine. She also has a much larger external drive she uses for keeping her photos on but ESO doesn't let me select the drive to use for install either. I really like the game but get frustrated by the amateurish way ZOS handles basic PC processes.

What do I need to do to get the game installed so I can access it while away?
  • Grizzly_UK
    Grizzly_UK
    ✭✭✭
    As I recall the game has some addtional free space requirements for the install that can double the "required" free space because the game downloads files which are saved and then installs the game. This means you need a certain amount of space for the downloaded files plus the space for the actual install. Not sure there is a way for you to install the game, but you might be able to copy your game install over and try running the game that way.
    Elder Scrolls gaming since November 2002 (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim & Elder Scrolls Online)
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I copied the game to the external drive and was able to play the game straight from the directory. I had to validate the new computer and go through the country, server, etc setup. What will happen if I have to update the game who knows but at least I can get in and keep up with things for awhile. Thanks for the suggestion.

On a side note while the performance isn't near what I get on my gaming system the wife's laptop does a more than adequate job. It is an AMD Ryzen 3 with Vega 3 graphics and was able to keep 60 fps high graphics in the open world and between 50 and 60 in group instanced combat. I doubt I will be so lucky once we get onto the campground WiFi but I wasn't expecting great performance to begin with.
  • Grizzly_UK
    Grizzly_UK
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear you were able to resolve your problem, even better knowing my suggestion actually worked! :)
    Elder Scrolls gaming since November 2002 (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim & Elder Scrolls Online)