Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Server went down. Does this mean....

Ripp_Torn_ESO
Ripp_Torn_ESO
Soul Shriven
So the server just went down. I'm wondering if this means the rotation for WW and Vamps will be restarted all over again with WW spawns first... Again.

Witch in turn means another week of no vamps... Again. :'(
  • mips_winnt
    mips_winnt
    ✭✭✭
    So the server just went down. I'm wondering if this means the rotation for WW and Vamps will be restarted all over again with WW spawns first... Again.

Witch in turn means another week of no vamps... Again. :'(

It means ZSO is doing it's scheduled weekly maintenance (Tuesday's @8:00AM EST) servers estimated to be back up around midday (EST). See the patch notes forum for the changes/fixes being implemented during this maintenance cycle.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dev tracker is your friend also.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, those mob spawns are affected by moon phases, not by some random order of spawning.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    they dont spawn every day in the game its based on the moon phase in the game and only at night in the game, also they mixed up and changed the spawn locations because of griefers

during full moon phase which lasts (IIRC) 2.5 days the werewolves spawn and you can get the disease
    for 3.5 days it is a waning moon which means neither werewolf nor vampires will spawn
    during the new moon phase which also lasts (IIRC) 2.5 days the vampires spawn and you can get that disease
    then 3.5 days of waxing moon until the next full moon where neither werewolf nor vampires will spawn again

Again not sure if i have the length of time correct but you can always look at the moon in game and know if it is in cycle or not

Unless of course its bugged....
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, those mob spawns are affected by moon phases, not by some random order of spawning.

Moon phases were made up. The phase has nothing to do with anything - that was just a theory someone made during Beta, and unfortunately people thought that was fact.
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on April 15, 2014 1:39PM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Moon phases were made up. The phase has nothing to do with anything - that was just a theory someone made during Beta, and unfortunately people thought that was fact.

And yet every guide out there references the phases of the moon as having an effect on it, as do in-game books. It definitely seems like there's something to it.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Hawtsauce
    Hawtsauce
    ✭✭✭
    It means they are adding the global AH
    Edited by Hawtsauce on April 15, 2014 2:04PM
    Ebonheart Pact
    Darkmoon - Mag NB
    Ermak - Mag Templar
    Pukk - Stam NB
    Hawtsauce - Mag DK
    Mystik - Mag Sorc
    Brutikus - Stam DK
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And yet every guide out there references the phases of the moon as having an effect on it, as do in-game books. It definitely seems like there's something to it.

Not to mention the fact that they do indeed seem to spawn during specific phases of the moon. Or at least they did during my experience. Vampires were only running around during the "new moon" phase, and werewolves didn't show up until it was "full moon".
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    They already hit problems and the patch is delayed till later tonight so the game will be down all day with no compensation.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spawn10459 wrote: »
    They already hit problems and the patch is delayed till later tonight so the game will be down all day with no compensation.

They said this evening, not tonight (those are two different time frames), and read the ToS. You're not entitled to compensation, but feel free to write a letter demanding your $0.10.

----
    Murray?
  • lyndsayporterb16_ESO
    I'd sooner they fix the werewolf itself first. It's riddled with bugs, and honestly not even worth playing.
    Edited by lyndsayporterb16_ESO on April 15, 2014 3:30PM