Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Confessions of a Disgruntled Newbie

• StuppyJoe
    StuppyJoe
    Haven't checked this thread for a few days, I assumed that it had died a fast death but apparently it didn't so, here are my responses to the comments since I last checked:

Lorerichter: I've played Wow well before it possible to "click.. whatever it takes to get the quest and turn it in and never read the text". This is something that I think is detrimental to Wow, I really like levelling and exploring. That said, I don't like being forced to join a guild just in order to trade. So, in that sense I prefer the Auction House system. As regards lore, I feel as if I'm coming into an already well developed lore and it's all being dumped on me at once. Professions are less of a concern for me, I'm pretty patient when it comes to these but it does seem to me that they are extremely badly balanced right now. That will come. It wouldn't deter me from the game. What I miss most is the player-to-player interaction. I feel as if I am being forced into guilds just to trade and, without any real guild support, the rest of it is just an exercise. Great comment, thanks.

To those who suggest that I walk around, speed through quest text, don't speed through quest text, etc. I love levelling. I love exploring. I read all the quest text and even most of the books. I explore constantly. I have sooooo many alts on Wow just because I love levelling on wow. But I'm not really feeling it on eso. I'm not sure why, it's just not catching my interest.

Yankee: I agree, I LOVE the npc dialogue in eso. The sarcasm is awesome.

Korah: did you even read my posts or just give them a cursory skim?

ManiacMcLaughton: I think you might have the most perceptive comment here. I was burnt out on Mmos with Wow and hoping that eso might provide enough of a change of pace to motivate me. Clearly it didn't. You win ;P

StuppyJoe

Thanks for all comments.