The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Linchal Grand Manor is the BEST house to buy

TheMaos
TheMaos
✭✭✭
Let me start off I love the ESO houses and i crave to get the coolest ones. Linchal Grand Manor has to be my favorite so far though, with its perfect balance of house, yard, and balcony. The house is spacious enough to seem pretty big. What takes the cake though is the yard! With the long pool at the front, and when looking at it from the balcony (specifically at night) it is sooooo beautiful!!! I think the 14,000 crowns for the furnished version.. But since i spent all my sub crowns on the new crates I had to tap into some of the kids college money (haha dont tell my hubby ;O)
Anyway in conclusion if you were to ever get a massive eso house this is the one to get!
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have more than enough gold to buy it, if there were any in-game, achievement locked version. But there's not and, unfortunately, I absolutely cannot justify spending that amount of real life money on a single pixel house. It's one of the houses I've wanted for awhile but, even so, it's still not a purchase I can be comfortable making. And even if someone wanted to do crown/gold gift exchange, gifting houses isn't possible. So Linchal remains my 'if only'.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very tempted but I also really want some other upcoming houses so I want to think really carefully.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little formal for this one, though she appreciates the outdoor space.

More and more it is the outdoor space in a property which interests this one yes and indeed is off-putting should there not be enough.

More like Moon Sugar Meadow for this one please. Perhaps one day an entirely undecorated island might be nice also.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought it when it was published for the first time, and I really love it to this day. Most of my glowing plants went into the garden area, so, yes, I can understand the OP's enthusiasm o:) .
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's certainly very pretty and is quite unique if you're looking for a Nibenese Imperial style villa. :smile:

But I wouldn't say it's the best house to buy. It's quite expensive and Crowns only. Its location isn't particularly good either. And the house itself is quite small with a very low ceilings so you can't really build anything grand in there. Princely Dawnlight Palace could swallow the Linchal Manor whole and it would still have room left; not to mention that it has two pools, sea access, and a giant wall of fountains, not just one shallow pool like Linchal.

It comes down to whether people like the style of it or not. There's plenty of people who are obsessed with Tel Galen, just as I imagine there are people in love with Linchal, or Princely Dawnlight, or the Lakemire Xanmeer. So if someone absolutely wants an Imperial villa then Linchal is a joy and a must-have because no other house could possibly substitute it, but it's not all that great if someone isn't interested in that style.

That said, I do have Linchal and I absolutely adore it :smile: Just don't think it's overwhelmingly better than other homes.
  • Spacegato
    Spacegato
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the house as I'm mostly not a fan of big houses but this one it close to perfect but as @heaven13 has said I won't spend that much money on a house, really wish it was purchable with gold.
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    I am very sensitive to 'construction errors'.
    The reason i don't like/buy numerous houses.

This house also has several inside and outside not matching windows, and chimney/fireplace.
    Besides that, imo the house inside is to small, especially when u look at it outside.

The yard/garden is big, so for those who like that....
    Edited by dagrdagaz_5912 on September 16, 2019 7:10PM
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish i had the money to get it, i much prefer the gold cost style houses to the other imperial ones.
  • theplague4u
    I bought it unfurnished. I didn't care much for the decor. I've gotten the main entry and back room done. It's going to take awhile to get it done but I don't mind, the dark brotherhood banners are cool on my towers. That house is a must for those banners. I had no clue it was going to be 100ft long and my original plan was to put them inside lol. Looks cool outside hanging down the towers though. Working on the landscaping mostly now since the outside and large yard is very nice for RP. Being close to the dark brotherhood hide out was a huge plus for me. The price didn't bother me since I have friends that spends thousands for their hobbies. Gaming is my hobby that I enjoy so I don't mind spending money on it. Without having paying customers the game wouldn't be able to keep operating. I've been playing for 3 weeks now and I'm really enjoying it.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That house is a must for those banners. I had no clue it was going to be 100ft long and my original plan was to put them inside lol..

Ha! Same for me except it was the Imperial banners from the AP achievement vendor.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk, it looks depressing to me. Grass, burnt by the sun, sad DB zone music. Meh.