Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I get Battle grounds gear for lower level toons?

ms_sophysticated
Hello everyone. I have 16 toons that I am leveling all different races,class, and roles.
I want to take them into bg’s for the points that I know I’m gonna get regardless of winning or losing. I just hate not being able to survive for more than 60 secs, it’s very frustrating. I now just stand in one spot waiting to get killed because I know I can’t do much damage to ANYONE!

My question is: All 16 of my toons except 1 are between level 3-30. is there some craftable sets for bg’s that I can put in my toons or some other method. that will help them survive enough to make playing just a little bit fun?

Thanks in advance
Edited by ms_sophysticated on September 15, 2019 4:52PM
Console/SERVER:PS4/NA
CHARACTER INFO:
mssophysticated-khajit-Stamina-Nightbliade
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are all sorts of different sets but it really depends on how you want to build. Ofc you can pass one set to the next toon as they all level up as long as they will play similarly.
  • ms_sophysticated
    idk wrote: »
    There are all sorts of different sets but it really depends on how you want to build. Ofc you can pass one set to the next toon as they all level up as long as they will play similarly.

I’m working on a Dps magplar that is level 29 atm. Would I just use the gear that I get from bg’s? I don’t t have anyone to help me farm gear
    CHARACTER INFO:
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    For lowbie toons, I typically use Fortified Brass for everything and then for the other set either Hundings rage for stam toons and Julianos for mag toons. All impen traits. It is not optimized for anything in particular but functions well for most specs.

I would guess that since you have so many different low level toons, you haven't really learned any of them well enough to be competitive. I would suggest you focus on one for the time being and play it through to level 50 at least. Then switch. Skill trumps armor.
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • ms_sophysticated
    Beaverton wrote: »
    For lowbie toons, I typically use Fortified Brass for everything and then for the other set either Hundings rage for stam toons and Julianos for mag toons. All impen traits. It is not optimized for anything in particular but functions well for most specs.

I would guess that since you have so many different low level toons, you haven't really learned any of them well enough to be competitive. I would suggest you focus on one for the time being and play it through to level 50 at least. Then switch. Skill trumps armor.

I’m working in a lvl 30 magplar right now. Can you explain the gear and weapons setup?

CHARACTER INFO:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, I suggest joining a social guild if you have not already. It is easier to find like minded players that way and you should be able to find players that can help with crafting gear and farming some. Guild members will often craft some gear free if yo supply the materials. The ability to craft is so common I would just ask in guild chat and say you will supply the matts.

Trying to think of easy gear setups from a new player perspective. Stuff easy to come by or farm. Some may have better suggestions but I am thinking

5 PC Spinner. Farm 1 piece of jewelry in Malabal Tor Dolmens then 4 piece armor from overland and delve bossed. Or you can buy from guild traders. Inpen trait is perfered on armor.
    5 pc Shacklebreaker crafted in Morrowind. Craft weapons and the remaining armor pieces. Again, inpen trait on all armor.
    2 pc jewelry in Willpower. Search guild traders for these. Do not stress about the trait.

Use a guild member to craft the second set. I am sure someone can come up with a better setup but that should take care of you and just pass it down from one character to the next.

Take it for what it is.
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭

I’m working in a lvl 30 magplar right now. Can you explain the gear and weapons setup?

Craft or have someone craft 5 pieces of fortiefied brass armor, mix of 2 heavy and 3 light all impen.
    Craft or have someone craft 2 pieces of light julianos armor, a sharpened lightning staff( mag drain glyph) and an infused resto with weapon damage glyph and an arcane ring.
    2 rings from domen farms (I usually use elegant rings from Auridon)

I use that for all of my mag toons while leveling in PVP. I have a set for lvl 26, 36 and 46. I save the sets I am not using (on an alt toon I am not currently using) so I can use it with my next mag toon that I level.

If you are racing to level you would want training traits but performance in PVP would suffer ALOT.

If you are doing lots of dungeons and want more damage I would use crafted innate axiom instead of fortified brass.

Even with the generic PVP setup I can do about 10K DPS which is more than most pugs in normal non-DLC dungeons.

THe setup from idk above is more damage but requires more skill because your resistances are lower.

Edited by Beaverton on September 15, 2019 5:57PM
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • ms_sophysticated

Craft or have someone craft 5 pieces of fortiefied brass armor, mix of 2 heavy and 3 light all impen.
    Craft or have someone craft 2 pieces of light julianos armor, a sharpened lightning staff( mag drain glyph) and an infused resto with weapon damage glyph and an arcane ring.

I use that for all of my mag toons while leveling in PVP. I have a set for lvl 26, 36 and 46. I save the sets I am not using (on an alt toon I am not currently using) so I can use it with my next mag toon that I level.

If you are racing to level you would want training traits but performance in PVP would suffer ALOT.

If you are doing lots of dungeons and want more damage I would use crafted innate axiom instead of fortified brass.

Even with the generic PVP setup I can do about 10K DPS which is more than most pugs in normal non-DLC dungeons.

THe setup from idk above is more damage but requires more skill because your resistances are lower.

Would I be able to go into Imp city as well?

CHARACTER INFO:
  • brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to do-it-yourself, I would start with the Impregnable set you collect from BGs to take advantage of the jewelry. Research and decon the rest of your BG rewards so you can level your crafting. You can research and craft Innate axiom with impenetrable trait pretty quickly - it is a decent, easily craftable set at 2 traits. Fortified brass can be unlocked early as well since it is only a 4-trait set. Shacklebreaker would probably be ideal once you can craft it. Add in a 2-pc with a set bonus that you like. Don't forget to level enchanting too so you can enchant your gear.

Edited by brtomkin on September 16, 2019 1:39AM
    PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭

Would I be able to go into Imp city as well?

The trolls that are in imp city currently would probably wipe you anyway regardless of gear. The solos and small groups (2-4) are generally very good players that have mastered their play style. I went in yesterday with a group of four experienced PVP'ers. One is an awesome player and the rest of us are OK. We got wiped by an opposing four man team three times before giving up to go to another district. IN the new area we wiped a different group of 10. SKill trumps armor.

If you are talking about the MOBs, no problem. Bosses, you will need at least a small group (assuming no CP).
  • ms_sophysticated

what about stam toons?
    CHARACTER INFO:
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭

what about stam toons?

I just swap hundings medium for julianos light and use a sharpened 2H maul(disease or poison enchant) and infused bow. (WD enchant).

That is one of the reasons I use Fortified on lowbie leveling toons in PVP-it is equally useful on both mag and stam toons so you can reuse the same set.

PS they are proposing to nerf FOrtified so with the next patch I might use something else. FUnny they announced it like 12 hours after I suggested the set. Coincidence??
    Edited by Beaverton on September 19, 2019 8:25PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform / region are you? Folks will probabLy help
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ms_sophysticated
    Beardimus wrote: »
    What platform / region are you? Folks will probabLy help

I’m on the ps4/na server
    CHARACTER INFO:
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah ok, Xbox EU and i could have helped.
    Get in with a guild with a crafter and get a L10/20/30/40 load of sets made up you can pass around your toons.

Even if its Seducer/magnus basic sets and a staff etc its better than 50% else will have.

One regen/one defence or offence set etc maybe search will power jewlery low level etc (folks drop from dungeons)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone. I have 16 toons that I am leveling all different races,class, and roles.
    I want to take them into bg’s for the points that I know I’m gonna get regardless of winning or losing. I just hate not being able to survive for more than 60 secs, it’s very frustrating. I now just stand in one spot waiting to get killed because I know I can’t do much damage to ANYONE!

My question is: All 16 of my toons except 1 are between level 3-30. is there some craftable sets for bg’s that I can put in my toons or some other method. that will help them survive enough to make playing just a little bit fun?

Thanks in advance

***, I am cp1101, and I dont last for 5 seconds.

Other players just melt me in 5 seconds or less if they start attacking me.

Only way I last longer is engaging in long distance, and running for my life when they get near, and failing, I always die trying to run away.