Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Suggestions on templar build?

ShadowWolf613
ShadowWolf613
✭✭✭
So I already have my main character which I absoluteness love. He's a nightblade healer. But I've got my buddy to join the game as me and him have always played mmos together from WAR to Rift. Although we both usually make a character that we only play together with.

So I wanted to make a templar. My idea right now is to go with a bow. and maybe down the sun flar line or whatever it's called. Or down the aedric spear line as i like chucking spears at people ;).

But I'm thinking of maybe doing 2 to magic and 1 to stamina in my attribute distribution and wearing heavy armor with health enchantments. The reason for the stamina is I plan on getting some abilities from the bow line as well. So does anyone have a build similar to this or have any suggestions for me as what would be good?
  • Markaeus
    Markaeus
    ✭✭
    So I already have my main character which I absoluteness love. He's a nightblade healer. But I've got my buddy to join the game as me and him have always played mmos together from WAR to Rift. Although we both usually make a character that we only play together with.

So I wanted to make a templar. My idea right now is to go with a bow. and maybe down the sun flar line or whatever it's called. Or down the aedric spear line as i like chucking spears at people ;).

But I'm thinking of maybe doing 2 to magic and 1 to stamina in my attribute distribution and wearing heavy armor with health enchantments. The reason for the stamina is I plan on getting some abilities from the bow line as well. So does anyone have a build similar to this or have any suggestions for me as what would be good?

My current build is a Breton Templar.. My main weapon is a bow and second is a rsto staff. I went this way bc I am usually playing solo, so I need a bit more DPS than someone who would be grouped 90% of the time. But I have my first QB slotted with the bow abilities: <if I can remember correctly as the servers are down for maint.> Poison arrow, Volley morphed into what I like to call "the firey ring of aoe death", Silver bolts <FIghters guild morphed into shards for the extra targets and knock down/extra damage to daedra and undead which.. face it there are alot of daedra in this game so I find it useful>, a templar heal ability just for self preservation, and then Bombard in the last slot, and then the aoe aedric spear ultimate just for fun. The rotation is pretty easy actually as a dps. Bombard to snare, Ring of Fire <whatever it's called>, for some nice damage, silver bolts for a nice aoe and then pick em all off one at a time with poison and a mix of light and heavy bow attack.. My second qb set is all healing abilities with the ultimate there, plus my rsto staff slotted.
    As far as my gear/attributes go, as I leveled I tried to keep Magicka and Stam pretty well even, gearing with medium armor with alot of stam for my first set of QS, then when I want to heal, I just carry a full set of light Magicka gear around to switch out. I use Wyddkyd's Outfitter to switch my gear easier. It saves the time of going thru my bags and equipping each piece of gear individually..
    Alot of people look at my build and say "Well that's dumb that you use Silver Shards on you bar all the time" but like I said before, there are alot of Daedra in this game and if I get to an area where it's all human, it's not difficult to switch out one skill to another <in this case I cant remember the name, but it's the knock back one lol>. Healing for me at least, doesnt have a real rotation, but I have my one ability on my main QB for heals, and I can easily switch to my second weapon quick slot set for more heals in a pinch.. I only wish I could switch gear that fast and in a pinch..
    I hope I was able to give you some insight into a possible build and I hope it helped. The amazing thing about this game is you aren't "lumped" into a group with other healers who have less damage output than a RDPS class. I only wish my Rsto Druid in wow could put out so much damage, or my Huntard could have kept herself alive the way this Templar could..