Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Let Me Filter Guild Vendors by Unknown Items

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I sometimes go to guild vendors looking for recipes or motifs I don't know.

Please add a feature to allow me to only show items I don't know yet. This is good for Recipes and Motifs, but may apply elsewhere. I would love a high level filter, but at least adding it to those specific sub-searches would be good.

I am on the PS4.
PC
PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This would be a nice addition, but it is much easier now with search options on PS4 to narrow your results, especially motifs.

Gone are the days when I had to scroll down every single page of all motifs to find a specific motif for a master writ. I spent hours each time doing this.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This would be a nice addition, but it is much easier now with search options on PS4 to narrow your results, especially motifs.

Gone are the days when I had to scroll down every single page of all motifs to find a specific motif for a master writ. I spent hours each time doing this.

The search abilities need a bit more refining, but you are right that it is much better than it even was when I started less than a year ago.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's easier to search for items now because you can search for a specific text. That's how I search for unknown motif pages/furnishings.
    I'm not sure if we will ever have a filter to switch on/off the known recipes/furnishings/motif pages in traders.
    Edited by redlink1979 on September 13, 2019 8:34AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's easier to search for items now because you can search for a specific text. That's how I search for unknown motif pages/furnishings.
    I'm not sure if we will ever have a filter to switch on/off the known recipes/furnishings/motif pages in traders.

How do you search for a motif or recipe you don't know if you need to enter its name?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please! I was just saying this on another forum post. It’d make spending al my hard earned gold MUCH easier if I didn’t have to filter through a bunch of pages of things I know first.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How do you search for a motif or recipe you don't know if you need to enter its name?

Motifs? Simple: just enter the title of the style. Example: Worm Cult. (Every motif page available at that trader with that words will be listed)
    Recipe/furnishings? I posted on your other post, but you can also see it below, several links that allow you to know the names of ALL recipe/furnishing in-game. You just need to enter the exact text to search for the specific thing you are looking for.
    But again, you can search for styles/titles. Example: Alinor. (Every furnishing available at that trader with that word will be listed)

Useful links:
    List of recipes in-game (the list includes not only provisioning recipes but also provisioning furnishings):
    http://esoitem.uesp.net/viewlog.php?record=recipe

Recipes only:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Food_Recipes
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Beverage_Recipes

If you wish to seee/search other stuff
    http://esoitem.uesp.net/viewlog.php

Edit: links added
    Edited by redlink1979 on September 13, 2019 2:56PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is something that I and several others asked for during PTS testing of the new guild trader interface. While, yes, searching for specific things you don't know works, you have to first go to an outside resource (on console, at least) to figure out what you don't know. If you keep a spreadsheet like I do, which I created based on these outside resources, then I can easily search for what I'm still missing.

However, wouldn't it be great to also just be able to filter by "unknown" so that you can just browse through all the motifs or plans you don't know? Perhaps you are just looking to fill out your collection and aren't looking for a specific plan or motif. It's much faster to just browse what you don't know, esp. when you know far more motifs/plans than you don't, than to type in each item individually at each trader and search for say 10 items or so. At each trader. Yes, your searches are saved, but if all I'm missing are, say, 30-50 purples plans (which is my case), having to conduct each individual search to see if each individual item is at that trader, sometimes having to wait several seconds when it lags, is tedious.

Many times, I just search for all epic plans and just scroll through them until I come across one I don't know. If would be far more convenient to just search for epics I don't know. Any results that come up would all be potential purchases and I can just look at the price and decide.

Text search has been a great addition, and I use it frequently, but there are cases where having this filter would be much more useful.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 13, 2019 3:01PM
  • xmaveri
    xmaveri
    ✭✭✭
    Please I want this so bad and have been saying this for years
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I would really love to see is a reorganization of the wording in the Plans and Recipes. Right now, the message that indicates if you have learned the plan is at the bottom. Which means, for plans that have longer text have the message off screen when you view it, forcing you to scroll the text to read it. It would be great if this were layed out the same way motifs are organized, with the text appearing at the top, allowing for easy visual indication of a known item.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    What I would really love to see is a reorganization of the wording in the Plans and Recipes. Right now, the message that indicates if you have learned the plan is at the bottom. Which means, for plans that have longer text have the message off screen when you view it, forcing you to scroll the text to read it. It would be great if this were layed out the same way motifs are organized, with the text appearing at the top, allowing for easy visual indication of a known item.

@jaws343 this was covered in another thread, but I'll post it here too. Recipes and furnishing plans already display an "unknown <plan><recipe>" text in the very upper left corner of the UI. When you look at the trader results for recipes it will either say "food recipe" or "drink recipe" if it's one you already know, otherwise it will say "unknown recipe". Again, this text is visible at the very top corner of the text and is completely visible without scrolling down at all.

Can't recall the exact text on furnishing plans, but it's in the same place and will say "unknown <something>".
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @redlink1979 I was talking about all the ones I don't know, not just the ones I know I don't know. I like to look for ways to fill out complete coverage at times, not just specific styles.

@Jayne_Doe I should not have to keep track of things external to the game. I do, but that is not a good idea in an MMO, however common it is.

Your comments on searching for the unknown ones are exactly what I meant!

@Feric51 That is definitely true as I replied in a few places after I learned it, but it would be still good to move the "known" part to the top as with motifs and use green for ones we can learn.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean really, how often do you want to purchase a motif/recipe you already know? Almost never.

I only did it recently because a friend wanted a motif page in trade that I already knew but didn’t have.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean really, how often do you want to purchase a motif/recipe you already know? Almost never.

I only did it recently because a friend wanted a motif page in trade that I already knew but didn’t have.

That is exactly why I would appreciate more help avoiding this in the future!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe I should not have to keep track of things external to the game. I do, but that is not a good idea in an MMO, however common it is.

Yeah, I agree that we shouldn't have to keep track of things external to the game. The only reason I brought it up was to illustrate that it's an unfortunate necessity; otherwise, we wouldn't know what's out there that we don't know in order to search for it. At least on console. It's my understanding that there are PC add-ons that provide some of this information.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 18, 2019 7:22PM
  • Austacker
    Austacker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the Xbox and this would be very much appreciated.

It's a simple quality of life addition that would make a lot of people happy IMHO.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Yeah, I agree that we shouldn't have to keep track of things external to the game. The only reason I brought it up was to illustrate that it's an unfortunate necessity; otherwise, we wouldn't know what's out there that we don't know in order to search for it. At least on console. It's my understanding that there are PC add-ons that provide some of this information.

I expect we mostly agree. I want the best playing experience on the PS4. Several ideas are not bad and would be best if they got put into place.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Play the mage guild questline to unlock the library, there you can Check which motifs you already learned and whats still missing and then search for those ;)
    Unfortunatly there is nothing like that for recipes. So yeah i Agreed with op that this would be a great Feature.
    Edited by sudaki_eso on September 19, 2019 7:38AM
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even just moving the ‘Recipe already known’ and ‘Use to learn recipe’ notes to the top of the (Xbox) info pane so I don’t have to scroll down to find out on the lengthier descriptions would be useful.