Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pre 50 BG's are now pay to win

GoNutsDK
GoNutsDK
Soul Shriven
After the skill line got put up for sale, the golded out low lvl twinks has gotten even stronger. Meteors and Dawnbreakers are now common but only for those that pay.
I think that it would be more fair if you would have to be 50 before you could buy them. As it is now, a lot of new pvp'ers will be turned away from bgs.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about a flat level 50 cap, since you can get certain skills at lower level with diligent grinding. Meteor is particularly easy to acquire if you have a lorebook map and the will to run around colecting overdue library books.

I do wish ZOS had looked at what level players can reasonably acquire those skills and limited the skill lines to after those levels.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But are you really "winning" by playing pre 50 BGs?

As a new player I understand the interest in trying it out but if you go there to deck out a toon in hopes of dominating those new players, you're just pathetic and it suggests you are afraid of real competition.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the immortal words of Dominic Torreto;
    “Doesn’t matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning.”
    Edited by ChunkyCat on September 13, 2019 12:55PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But are you really "winning" by playing pre 50 BGs?

As a new player I understand the interest in trying it out but if you go there to deck out a toon in hopes of dominating those new players, you're just pathetic and it suggests you are afraid of real competition.

I figure the more realistic reason is these are players who are using the extra random BG exp to level up on their way to playing PVP at max level.

It still sucks for players on the receiving end as they just pass through.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had meteor on my level 10 DK once, but that was because I was willing to go the length it takes to get meteor on such low level. I actually reached level 10 just finding those notebooks and discovering places. Lucky for me, my wife also plays ESO who actually gave me lift to all the shrines nearby to lore book locations.
    But this new wat of paying to get meteors or dawn breaker, its plain and simple P2W, and if someone comes and says you already have it on another toon, so its fare to buy it for another, well it's not because the others who also have it on their main or another toon unlocked but chose NOT TO BUY it, they are at huge disadvantage against who did.
    Flat cap of level 50 to buy these skills is not fair either as these can be unlocked before lvl 50 by usual methods, so I guess we have to live with this unfair system.
    Edited by UrbanMonk on September 13, 2019 2:09PM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    considering end-game ults aren't using dawnbreaker (hi onslaught), still sounds like a l2p.

twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually screw the skill lines, those don’t matter as much as 2 sets of purple gear once every 5 levels so that no skill pvpers can live nearly forever while deleting you in 2 seconds. I always play my alts with gear it earns from content/BG itself and I can still easily dominate BGs aside from a full twink game. Personal preference probably, but being too reliant on gear sucks for your skill and sucks for the newbies that want to pvp.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea. Skill lines are irrelevant imo.

I've played in pre 50 in random gear I picked up vs a premade with complete builds. They slaughtered everything.

I could've bought every skill line in the game and wouldve still died in seconds.

Gear is king in pre 50. Not skill lines.

(btw, those same players get destroyed vs equally geared players after max. Hence why they do pre 50)
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the skill lines can certainly make a difference, it's true that gear generally matters a lot more. I'd love to see ZOS normalize all stats in the lowbie BGs: everyone gets the same amount of crit resistance no matter what, gets treated as though they're using an on-level gold quality weapon, etc...
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good. Now grow a pair and come adult PvP instead of whacking noobs.
    PC EU
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about pre lvl 50 BGs. PvP is supposed to be the end game content.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO P2W OR GO CRY !
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GoNutsDK wrote: »
    After the skill line got put up for sale, the golded out low lvl twinks has gotten even stronger. Meteors and Dawnbreakers are now common but only for those that pay.
    I think that it would be more fair if you would have to be 50 before you could buy them. As it is now, a lot of new pvp'ers will be turned away from bgs.

seriously from what i know that you can now buy the skill lines didnt change anything for lowbie pvp.
    ( and im saying that from the point of view of a person who played nonvet pvp for 2+ years on PC EU and knows quite a lot of the other people there and ive never even heard a single one of those other players say that they bought a skill line nor have done so myself for any of my chars)
    It is already easy enough to aquire every single skill you want for lowbie pvp and all ppl who have played there for some time know how to.
    I for example have already had chars who for lowbie had Dawnbreaker of Smithing, Deep Thoughts / Undo, Rally , Reverb and Restoring Focus and were ready by at the latest lvl 36.

And you can easily get more than that.
    Edited by Jierdanit on September 15, 2019 4:46PM
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    Are there really people that care about >50 bgs?
    (An honest question)
    I would think they are just a means to an end (<50 bgs)

However, I have played games where there were low lvl pvp areas that people would make toons specifically for.

Is that a thing on eso?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there really people that care about >50 bgs?
    (An honest question)
    I would think they are just a means to an end (<50 bgs)

However, I have played games where there were low lvl pvp areas that people would make toons specifically for.

Is that a thing on eso?

I am also surprised that anyone really cares about pre50 Bgs. The balance must be out of whack with or without purchaseable skill lines. And I don't know why folks wouldn't just be trying to get to CP160 play the end game PVP.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention, you gain experience in both support and assault rather quickly. Provided you keep playing bgs..

I want to say my lvl was low 30s and was already max lvl on both..

Spending money on the skill lines would (in my opinion ) be a total waste of money for an edge you'll have for all of a day or two
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Royalthought I can see that being true... but some of us are just there to level new characters.

I only play for the daily, because I know how broken sub-50 bgs are..but I can understand the frustration that people that are trying to grind for skills like Warhorn and Vigor have. ..I'm 100% certain that those skill lines will appear in the crown store in a few months.
  • Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't understand the point of this thread other than to be upset about a shop option that honestly makes 0 difference on this threads topic...

I literally created a new magsorc and grinded out level 10 mages guild all before even hitting level 20 so now I have a below 20 magsorc with meteor in BGs and didn't pay for ***. So please, explain to me how this thread makes any sense unless you're an absolutely lazy player.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. Now grow a pair and come adult PvP instead of whacking noobs.

Except it doesn't stop at cap.

All BG's at cap are games of Whack-a-Noob with the odd decent player or premade (Console premades are *** poor on average) chucked in - You got long time players stacking up with and against 100CP guys, they've got even less of a chance than these people in < 50's.

Cyrodil is a sheep-herding simulator, gather all the sheep and lead them into any doorway ready for slaughter.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ucarious wrote: »
    I really don't understand the point of this thread other than to be upset about a shop option that honestly makes 0 difference on this threads topic...

I literally created a new magsorc and grinded out level 10 mages guild all before even hitting level 20 so now I have a below 20 magsorc with meteor in BGs and didn't pay for ***. So please, explain to me how this thread makes any sense unless you're an absolutely lazy player.

Exactly. The Change made no difference at all, because you Just dont need to buy them, cuz you can farm them easily enough.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I leveled a MagDk, to CP levels, without setting foot inside a sub 50 BG.

Then I gave him all the gear that my original MagDK has and queued for my first BG.

In the over 50, lowest MMR bracket, I slaughtered everyone for several matches in a row. You’d think I was in the sub fifty BGs.

The lulz were endless <3
    (until I logged off for sleep)
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As opposed to....walking around every map while sub 50, getting every skyshard manually, THEN queueing for sub 50 BG's? What would be the difference, the end result is the exact same....a sub 50 in a BG with a lot of skill points....
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noobs gonna Noob.

Doesn’t matter if it’s sub 50 or not.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    KILL ALL SPARE NONE !