Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Multiple Decon is a GREAT Addition!

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I want to thank ZOS for adding the ability to decon multiple items at once! This speeds things up and reduces errors of me deconing a level 1 research item I made because I am trying to get through deconning a bunch of things.

More things like this would be wonderful!
PC
PS4/PS5
  • kittyfrog
    kittyfrog
    Soul Shriven
    I second this!
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting multiple potions is the greatest QoL improvement. I go through stacks of potions frequently, and can only craft them on one character, so this was a huge improvement to the game for me.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leveling things like Alchemy and Provisioning is much better as well. I may make a few too many, but crafting 100 food is nicer than doing 1 food 100 times!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The awsomeness of crafting huge batches of potions in an instant is,well,awesome. :)
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. Multi-crafting, multi-deconstructing and multi-refining are truly wonderful time savers.
    At refining now we just click one time rather than 200 times: Awesome!
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This does show they can do good quality of life improvements. Lets see a few more, especially for the consoles!

See my other post on some suggestions in that area. Let us focus on playing the game rather than wrestling with the interface!

This was a WIN, so please keep it up!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a question about large batch refining for you guys. I only tried it once with a material that requires 10 to refine, like leather scraps or something. I had 11 of them and hit square to refine and swear it gave me the refined material but the remainder of 1 was gone. This is not consistent with the manual way of doing things. When you do your large batch refining, are you left with all mat types empty?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a question about large batch refining for you guys. I only tried it once with a material that requires 10 to refine, like leather scraps or something. I had 11 of them and hit square to refine and swear it gave me the refined material but the remainder of 1 was gone. This is not consistent with the manual way of doing things. When you do your large batch refining, are you left with all mat types empty?

I have not seen that. I just did a few. I didn't have any exactly 11 amounts and it acts odd if you multi-refine some and not all, but I seemed to always get the remnant left each time I checked.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • LuckyLuke
    LuckyLuke
    ✭✭✭
    They eventually got this one on the nose, after the fix.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @katanagirl1 That never happened to me. My remaining mats slots never goes empty, I never refine the totality of mats I own. It will only goes empty if I refine totally something which has an amount multiple of 10.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    I just found out that on console the multi-decon works across tabs. So if you are deconning stuff like shields on one tab and bows & staves on the other tab, you can select items on both tabs.

Also I wasn't aware immediately aware you could select multiple types of mats to refine at the same time.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    I just found out that on console the multi-decon works across tabs. So if you are deconning stuff like shields on one tab and bows & staves on the other tab, you can select items on both tabs.

Also I wasn't aware immediately aware you could select multiple types of mats to refine at the same time.

I didn't realize that, thanks!

I will have to check it out next time I am mass deconstructing.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I just started mass deconstruction recently as I'm trying to level up a new crafter. I steal and launder as much CP140 gear as I can get on my main and then put it all in the bank. Then my in-training crafter can level up on those skills, quite fast too, he was level 18 in blacksmithing and in just two sessions he hit level 36.

Doing the same thing on my main was rough as all the gear was at my level and didn't give a lot of inspiration, although it did give lots of mats. Plus I could only decon one at a time.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, I just started mass deconstruction recently as I'm trying to level up a new crafter. I steal and launder as much CP140 gear as I can get on my main and then put it all in the bank. Then my in-training crafter can level up on those skills, quite fast too, he was level 18 in blacksmithing and in just two sessions he hit level 36.

Doing the same thing on my main was rough as all the gear was at my level and didn't give a lot of inspiration, although it did give lots of mats. Plus I could only decon one at a time.

You can often buy stuff reasonably cheaply at guild vendors (intricate is what I aim for) if you have enough gold. Do the daily writs, whatever the character level, to help with gold and some things to keep growing.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK @redlink1979 and @FlopsyPrince thanks for the reply. After the screwup with the event tickets I don’t exactly trust my (apparently) flawed memory anymore.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do wish I could know if I have gotten my tickets for the day, speaking of failing memory. I almost missed it the other day, especially with the gankers in EU being obnoxious right near the end of the day.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭

You can often buy stuff reasonably cheaply at guild vendors (intricate is what I aim for) if you have enough gold. Do the daily writs, whatever the character level, to help with gold and some things to keep growing.

When I compared the cost vs. inspiration gained of intricate items I found it wasn't anywhere near as good a value as laundering CP140 items that I steal. Plus, I find it easier to steal armor and weapons quickly rather than looking for deals at guild traders. I think I remember that lower level characters don't get the full 300% inspiration boost from intricate items, probably a cap like enchanting deconstruction.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When I compared the cost vs. inspiration gained of intricate items I found it wasn't anywhere near as good a value as laundering CP140 items that I steal. Plus, I find it easier to steal armor and weapons quickly rather than looking for deals at guild traders. I think I remember that lower level characters don't get the full 300% inspiration boost from intricate items, probably a cap like enchanting deconstruction.

It depends on the source of those things. Stolen armor that is sitting out, along with armor sitting out in dungeons, seems to have almost no leveling value when deconstructing, even at high levels. I am selling all the grey stuff now and fencing the green. I am not sure if the green is worth fencing, but I am fairly sure the grey/white is not worth fencing.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭

It depends on the source of those things. Stolen armor that is sitting out, along with armor sitting out in dungeons, seems to have almost no leveling value when deconstructing, even at high levels. I am selling all the grey stuff now and fencing the green. I am not sure if the green is worth fencing, but I am fairly sure the grey/white is not worth fencing.

You are looking at the armor and weapons just sitting out in the open. Go to any city and steal from NPC vendors or inside buildings, the stolen items have value, even the white items and can be sold or laundered, and they boost inspiration. I go to Wrothgar and steal from the NPC vendors or other stalls and inside the keep, the fighter's guild, mages guild and inside open houses, I also use invisibility potions for some harder to steal items. It helps to have a friend that can talk to an NPC vendor so they don't see you.

Everything I steal is cheap to launder, the most expensive might be 74 gold but they usually range from 9 - 55 on average. The amount of inspiration varies but if didn't take long to go from level 18 to level 44 in blacksmithing on my level 36 character using CP140 gear. I think it might have been about 100 to 150 armor and weapon items. I have ESO+ and points in inspiration boost in the champion points so that helps.

When I started I bought a number of CP160 intricate items from guild traders and compared the cost and leveling to the stolen items. It was cheaper to steal and launder per level than buying intricate, although I'm not sure if that will still be the case when he gets closer to level 50 in crafting.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You are looking at the armor and weapons just sitting out in the open. Go to any city and steal from NPC vendors or inside buildings, the stolen items have value, even the white items and can be sold or laundered, and they boost inspiration. I go to Wrothgar and steal from the NPC vendors or other stalls and inside the keep, the fighter's guild, mages guild and inside open houses, I also use invisibility potions for some harder to steal items. It helps to have a friend that can talk to an NPC vendor so they don't see you.

Everything I steal is cheap to launder, the most expensive might be 74 gold but they usually range from 9 - 55 on average. The amount of inspiration varies but if didn't take long to go from level 18 to level 44 in blacksmithing on my level 36 character using CP140 gear. I think it might have been about 100 to 150 armor and weapon items. I have ESO+ and points in inspiration boost in the champion points so that helps.

When I started I bought a number of CP160 intricate items from guild traders and compared the cost and leveling to the stolen items. It was cheaper to steal and launder per level than buying intricate, although I'm not sure if that will still be the case when he gets closer to level 50 in crafting.

I never got much boost when deconstructing stolen white gear, fenced or not.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭

I never got much boost when deconstructing stolen white gear, fenced or not.

Are you stealing it at your own level and deconstructing it yourself? If so, you won't get much inspiration. You need to steal it using a CP140 or higher character or get a friend at that level to steal it, launder and send it to you. Stolen but not fenced gear will give little inspiration, it must be laundered and anything with 0 value is worthless.

I'm not an expert but this page from Sunshine Daydream has all the crafting info you'll need, the leveling sections for each craft mention how best to level up.

Intricate items you get from daily crafting quests on other higher level characters will get the highest inspiration at essentially no cost. Buying CP160 intricate items at the guild traders will give the same inspiration but I wouldn't buy them unless they were under about 100 gold. I can find dozens of stolen items that I can fence for an average cost of about 25 gold and give about 1/3 the inspiration as the intricate items. So I might need three times as many items but at a lower cost than the guild trader items. On Xbox NA I rarely find intricate weapons and armor for less than 200 gold so fencing it cheaper, plus the burglary run can gross my main around 6-7k gold in one run.