Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Doing Master Writs for alts ?

Tranquilizer
Tranquilizer
✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

I searched this topic but couldn't find any matches, so I'd like to ask here:

Is it possible to do a master writ with my main crafter for a low level alt character to boost its exp and crafting xp ? When you get a master writ you can see the needed item without accepting the writ. So I'd like to craft the item on my main crafter, give the item plus the writ to an alt, accept the writ on the alt and hand in the quest. Would this be possible ?

Cheers
  • Barnicle
    Barnicle
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    Yes. it is possible .. i have 10 alts all collecting Master Writs during dailies and they are all executed by my Grand Master Crafter.
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot :)
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Is it possible to do a master writ with my main crafter for a low level alt character to boost its exp and crafting xp ? When you get a master writ you can see the needed item without accepting the writ. So I'd like to craft the item on my main crafter, give the item plus the writ to an alt, accept the writ on the alt and hand in the quest. Would this be possible ?

Cheers

No, the character that opens the master writ has to be the character that crafts the item.

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barnicle wrote: »
    Hi
    Yes. it is possible .. i have 10 alts all collecting Master Writs during dailies and they are all executed by my Grand Master Crafter.

While this is true, this is not what the OP is asking.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Hi all,

Cheers

No, the character that opens the master writ has to be the character that crafts the item.

For provisioning and alchemy, I think it should be possible (albeit pointless) to have one character make part of the stack and then have a second character take the writ and finish the stack. I have not tested this and can't think of a reason to do so other than accidentally over crafting.
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Cheers

Thank you for your reply, I just had to learn it the hard way b/c I misunderstood the first answer, english isn't my native language :D
    Luckily it was only a 6 voucher epic tailoring writ.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Cheers

For provisioning and alchemy, I think it should be possible (albeit pointless) to have one character make part of the stack and then have a second character take the writ and finish the stack. I have not tested this and can't think of a reason to do so other than accidentally over crafting.

For master writs, they are consistent about the character that opens it has to be the character that crafts it.

For daily writs, you can pre-craft alchemy and provisioning to turn those in from another character, but the others (enchanting, woodworking, blacksmithing, clothing, jewelry) need to be made by the character as well.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi all,

Cheers

For master writs, they are consistent about the character that opens it has to be the character that crafts it.

For daily writs, you can pre-craft alchemy and provisioning to turn those in from another character, but the others (enchanting, woodworking, blacksmithing, clothing, jewelry) need to be made by the character as well.

I understand that master writs are specific. But for stackable items, if you start with a stack crafted by someone else and add to it, it stays as a single stack, tagged with the name for the last to add to it. I'll try tonight with an alchemy master, which I get a lot of.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Cheers

I understand that master writs are specific. But for stackable items, if you start with a stack crafted by someone else and add to it, it stays as a single stack, tagged with the name for the last to add to it. I'll try tonight with an alchemy master, which I get a lot of.

Ah, gotcha. I have not tried that. I use the alchemy writs to level alt characters, but it's not too bad to get the few skill points needed to do alchemy and enchanting master writs.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is correct. I have tried and confirmed it with regards to Alchemy and assume it would also work for Provisioning, but I am not learning those CP150 purple recipes on any characters besides my main.

Ah, gotcha. I have not tried that. I use the alchemy writs to level alt characters, but it's not too bad to get the few skill points needed to do alchemy and enchanting master writs.

The only place where this comes in handy is if you want to save those 3 points into the Chemistry passive that increases the number of potions you make in one go. You'll still need the alt to be maxed in Solvent Proficiency (first passive), and have the Laboratory Use passive (use three reagents) unlocked, but I guess you could use those 3 skill points towards something else by doing it this way.

For convenience sake, it might also be worthwhile to craft full stacks of all possible alchemy master writ concoctions and put them in the bank. You'd just pull out what you need on your alt, craft a single one, turn in the writ, then deposit the remainder back into the bank for other alts. This is taking a bit to the extreme, but I have leveled several alts using nothing but alchemy master writs, and I pre-crafted everything I needed on my main since that's where I keep all my gold, and who I was buying the writs from guild merchants on.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The safest thing to do is use the Bank to move the Writs themselves between alts so the one you want can do them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

This is correct. I have tried and confirmed it with regards to Alchemy and assume it would also work for Provisioning, but I am not learning those CP150 purple recipes on any characters besides my main.

The only place where this comes in handy is if you want to save those 3 points into the Chemistry passive that increases the number of potions you make in one go. You'll still need the alt to be maxed in Solvent Proficiency (first passive), and have the Laboratory Use passive (use three reagents) unlocked, but I guess you could use those 3 skill points towards something else by doing it this way.

Thanks for the confirmation. That's about the only way I could come up with to get some value out of it, and since my characters are mostly at maxed alchemy so that they can make their own potions for actual use, I max Chemistry anyways.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you have solvents and cheap reagents, leveling alchemy is a 10 minute affair. Actually, with the new multi craft, about a 3 minute affair start to finish if you have the mats.

Now, the absolute best use of alchemy, provisioning and enchanting master writs is to grind a ton of Champ points while on an exp booster.

Stack up a few dozen, make the stuff ahead of time for best results. Don't even worry about enlightenment, you will burn through it in the first minute.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    As long as you have solvents and cheap reagents, leveling alchemy is a 10 minute affair. Actually, with the new multi craft, about a 3 minute affair start to finish if you have the mats.

Now, the absolute best use of alchemy, provisioning and enchanting master writs is to grind a ton of Champ points while on an exp booster.

Stack up a few dozen, make the stuff ahead of time for best results. Don't even worry about enlightenment, you will burn through it in the first minute.

Getting the skillpoints is my current struggle, but I am pushing up too many alts right now.
    PC
    PS4/PS5