Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please Show "Known" Status at the Top of Recipes!

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Scrolling down to see if I know a recipe makes searching guild vendors for new ones (or guild banks) very tedious.

Could this be put at the top as with Motifs?
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, it is at the top left (instead of in the middle as with motifs). It says “Known” for recipes, diagrams, etc. instead of “Already in your library” as it does for motifs. I missed this at first too! Note that you have to be on your character that knows the recipes (same as with motifs). Hope that helps! :)
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Actually, it is at the top left (instead of in the middle as with motifs). It says “Known” for recipes, diagrams, etc. instead of “Already in your library” as it does for motifs. I missed this at first too! Note that you have to be on your character that knows the recipes (same as with motifs). Hope that helps! :)

Not on the PS4. It is at the bottom, so I have to scroll down and see it.

I can search for the "green text" of "Add" to show when looking at motifs in guild vendors, but I must scroll down to see the same in guild vendors (or my inventory).

It may be laid out differently on the PC.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can search for the "green text" of "Add" to show when looking at motifs in guild vendors, but I must scroll down to see the same in guild vendors (or my inventory).

Ahh, I misunderstood you, sorry. Yes, it sounds like it is laid out differently, apparently including the size and/or location of the recipes as I would be able to see the text no matter where it was posted in the recipe box. Hope this gets adjusted for PS4 players!
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just moving the line to the same location used for Motifs would work great.

BTW, the same problem is in vendors, but they have far fewer recipes.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this would be a nice improvement for us console players. I did notice they at least made the “use to learn recipe” green so it at least stands out better from the ones you know. But if we didn’t have to scroll down to see it, that’d be great.

Side note - I’d love the ability to search traders for recipes/motifs/blueprints that I don’t know to filter out all the stuff I do know. Would make spending my gold 1000x easier 🤩
  • bakthi
    bakthi
    ✭✭✭

It's near the bottom on the PC gamepad UI as well, but there is a difference at the top. It will say "Food recipe" or "Drink recipe" if it's already learned, but "Unknown recipe" if it isn't. Though I have no idea whether it was always that way, or an add-on changed it, as I have a few.
    Army of me:
    CP810+: Breton Templar healer, Redguard stamina Warden, Imperial DK tank, Altmer magicka Sorceror, Orc stamina Sorceror/werewolf, Nord Necromancer tank, Khajit TG/DB Nightblade, Bosmer stamina Necromancer, Argonian Warden healer, Dunmer magicka DK, Nord Nightblade tank
    Second account, CP400+: Breton magicka Warden, Nord Nightblade healer/solo vampire, Bosmer stamina Templar/werewolf, Dunmer magicka Necromancer, Orc stamina DK, Argonian Warden tank
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bakthi wrote: »

It's near the bottom on the PC gamepad UI as well, but there is a difference at the top. It will say "Food recipe" or "Drink recipe" if it's already learned, but "Unknown recipe" if it isn't. Though I have no idea whether it was always that way, or an add-on changed it, as I have a few.

That is there! Though it is still white, so it takes a manual look rather than the green that jumps out. Perhaps they could just color that green?

Thanks for the note though. It will save me some scrolling.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for an amazingly constructive suggestion. I love that they added green text for not known recipes/plans recently, but it really doesn't help at all with furnishing plans when I have to scroll down to even see it. XD
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    +1 for an amazingly constructive suggestion. I love that they added green text for not known recipes/plans recently, but it really doesn't help at all with furnishing plans when I have to scroll down to even see it. XD

Do read the top. It is not in green, so it doesn't give the same visual clue when scanning through, but it does have "Unknown" at the very top if you don't know it as mentioned above. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »

Do read the top. It is not in green, so it doesn't give the same visual clue when scanning through, but it does have "Unknown" at the very top if you don't know it as mentioned above. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that!

Yes, they added that very subtle clue recently, I noticed.

It helps, but it would be more consistent with the motif pages if they had something more obvious as noted above.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gamepad UI on the PC its on the bottom too. Not a big deal, but yeah.. why not put it on top.
    Edited by mague on September 13, 2019 5:32AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's no need because the top line always let's you know if you know the recipe/furnishing/motif page.

Take a look at the 1st line in the pic below. PS4 user here.

https://imgur.com/Qfr5ES2
    Edited by redlink1979 on September 13, 2019 8:20AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's no need because the top line always let's you know if you know the recipe/furnishing/motif page.

Yep, been this way since console launch. It would be great if they made the text green if you didn't know it, like they did in the last update with motifs, but it's always been there.

ETA: Well, I can't be certain that it was that way at launch, since they've changed some UI things over the years, but I do know it's been that way for quite some time.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 13, 2019 3:23PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Yep, been this way since console launch. It would be great if they made the text green if you didn't know it, like they did in the last update with motifs, but it's always been there.

ETA: Well, I can't be certain that it was that way at launch, since they've changed some UI things over the years, but I do know it's been that way for quite some time.

@Jayne_Doe is correct. This "unknown recipe" text has been there for at least three years as that's the cue I'd use when I was recipe hunting back in the day. I'd sort recipes by color and price then just mash the "scroll down" button until I saw that text flicker. Of course by the time I could react I'd already went past the one I needed by 3-10 recipes, but I'd scroll back up slowly until I found it. Then I'd buy it if the price was right.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)