The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stamina Nightblade: Race

Cerotonin
Cerotonin
✭✭✭
I play a Khajiit Stamina NightBlade. I chose it because I wanted the option of flipping to magicka, but I feel like it’s too clunky for me. I’m actually considering changing to Bosmer though since I want more of a focus on Stamina sustain, but I’m unsure about it.

Edit: I also play toons based on appearance. I’m not really a min/maxer. I know Dunmer and Orc outclass Khajiit in stamina damage and cries, but I like cats. Bosmer are cute.

What did you pick? Why? Pros/Cons
Edited by Cerotonin on September 4, 2019 11:17AM

Stamina Nightblade: Race 88 votes

Orc
17%
BigBraggBeolundSkriggNolaArchCorpierStrider__RoshinCadburyBomber293Tommy_The_GunNevascamaster_vanargandJaimehlukoifboursCernunnos55 15 votes
Dunmer (Dark Elf)
7%
mrfr0styGERMANO-THE-IMPERIALMaster_KasUnfadingsilenceDiarfUcariousevocto 7 votes
Bosmer (Wood Elf)
36%
LADYKiLLERSureshawtbirdikMercer29kollege14a5FearlessOne_2014kalunteNightAngel690MetemsycosisPuzzlenutsblkjagSpiderCultistJierdanitVietfoxTzayadx48rphMendosaNerftheforumsMoonsorrowMartiniDaniels 32 votes
Khajiit
18%
ZelosIruil_ESOAztlanKelCloudlesssusmitdsRaddlemanNumber7gepe87karthrag_inakWildRaptorXStarlight_KnightAngelaWaspLybalCerbinTalYalasTerrorFlynnnesakinter 16 votes
Redguard
5%
OlithListerJMCCillion3117JobooAGSDunkelblitz 5 votes
Nord
4%
olsborgCalboyMassiveFumesIskiab 4 votes
OTHER (Say which)
10%
josh.lackey_ESOChefZeroXvorgGreenSoup2HoTShinshadowhuschdeguddzjerabidmyersdarkblue5jaygao79 9 votes
  • Beolund
    Beolund
    ✭✭✭
    Orc
    Orc + Artaeum Food

Pro:Brawny: Increases your Max Stamina by 2000.
    Unflinching: 1000 Max Health and heals you for up to 600 when you deal damage with a weapon, 4 second cooldown.
    Swift Warrior: Increases your Weapon Damage by 258.

Con: Ugly as ***

But you can still play Bosmer / redgaurd if you arent min/maxer
    PC/EU CP1300+
    Sheldør--Mag NB (Main)
    Heimdall--DK Tank
    Thorin Winterschild --Warden Tank
    Rargnskar--NB Tank
    Apollon--Stamplar
    Wolowizard--Mag Sorc
    Hold my Bear--Stam Warden
    Darahes--Mag DK
    Nocturas--Mag NB
    Seinaru--Mag Templar

Aldmeri for the win
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    OTHER (Say which)
    I really like imperial for pvp, red diamond helps with your utility skills and the health bonus makes for a tanky nightblade
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    If your build contains bow, then bosmer. Overall synergy with roll-dodge is awesome and unique. And bonus to WD or recovery if you'll compare to Orc/Dunmer doesn't matter, you will simply use WD glyph instead of recovery glyph or Warrior instead of Serpent. So in case of Orc it is +1k HP and sprint speed, in case of Dunmer +1850 off-resource and resistance to fire, in case of bosmer free speed and penetration if you roll-dodge a lot.
    Poison resistance and immunity to poisoned status effect is also nice when every stamina build opens with caustic arrow and runs double dot poison.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Orc
    I run an Orc (that started Bosmer), and Nord. Orc is bow/bow and Nord is DW/Bow. The forner does a smidge better with survivability/kill-death ratio in BGs but latter scores higher on average and is frankly more fun for me to play personally. Both ate viable options but I give the edge by a smidge to Orc (also my choice for my new Stamplar).
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OTHER (Say which)
    Shadowscales: extra magicka (for cloak), good synergy with pots (extra resources + ulti), extra healing
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER (Say which)
    Might want to hold off for passive rebalancing that's been hinted at. Or Bosmer...
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    I use Orc that was Bosmer and I wish I was Bosmer again.
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    OTHER (Say which)
    I play as an Imperial

Pro: Red Diamond and 3% cost reduction on everything, look like a human
    Cons: No boost to weapon or spell damage
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nord
    For pvp go Nord. You’ll still be able to switch between mag and stam with better passives. I’d stick with Khajit though, I love the way they look.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OTHER (Say which)
    Shinshadow wrote: »
    I play as an Imperial

Pro: Red Diamond and 3% cost reduction on everything, look like a human
    Cons: No boost to weapon or spell damage

u get 2k stam/hp tho.
    PS4 NA DC
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Iskiab wrote: »
    For pvp go Nord. You’ll still be able to switch between mag and stam with better passives. I’d stick with Khajit though, I love the way they look.

Nords not great for StamBlade, ultigen isn't required with such cheap ults and it doesn't provide good enough stat density.

Cats can look OK and are a jack of all trades master of none. Plus you'll be indistinguishable from the millions of catblade furrys.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I picked Bosmer for my stamblade thief character because of the passive skill, along with looks. Oops. He is now named "Grumpy Ex Wood Elf".
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER (Say which)
    argonian

pros: master race

cons: nothing
    Edited by rabidmyers on September 5, 2019 11:27PM
    at a place nobody knows
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    Might want to hold off for passive rebalancing that's been hinted at. Or Bosmer...

I hadn't seen any hints of that.
    I also wouldn't expect much. Given the current devs' apparent loathing for TES lore, I would expect to see Orcs turned into pretty little pixies with butterfly wings if they take another look at racials.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭

I also wouldn't expect much. Given the current devs' apparent loathing for TES lore, I would expect to see Orcs turned into pretty little pixies with butterfly wings if they take another look at racials.

I think in Rimmen’s Outlaw Refuge, there’s are two fences: one has a Bosmer and the other a Khajiit. I think it referenced which one is more of a sneaky race (can’t remember for sure, haven’t stolen in awhile).
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think in Rimmen’s Outlaw Refuge, there’s are two fences: one has a Bosmer and the other a Khajiit. I think it referenced which one is more of a sneaky race (can’t remember for sure, haven’t stolen in awhile).

Yes, and it is ridiculous now. The only race with any kind of bonus to thieving is the Khajiit, so the 'which is better' is laughable at this point. The truly moronic aspect of it is that this was AFTER the dev team decided to throw all of the previous lore out the window (but only after shredding it, burning the shreds, and pooping on the ashes). The same update had an Argonian talk about his own innate Argonian resistance to poisons. I have to wonder if there were some bruised feelings within the lore team at seeing the utter disregard for their work by the gameplay devs.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Bosmer.

Call me cancer, but i use a lot of roll dodge, so the racial passives are always used by me. I can get Weapon Damage by sets. I can get max stats by sets also easily. But getting penetration and speed is not that easy. I prefer to be agile, and in my opinion bosmers are the most agile race.
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    Szende wrote: »
    Bosmer.

Call me cancer, but i use a lot of roll dodge, so the racial passives are always used by me. I can get Weapon Damage by sets. I can get max stats by sets also easily. But getting penetration and speed is not that easy. I prefer to be agile, and in my opinion bosmers are the most agile race.

Yes! Bosmer is the best with roll dodging and possibly escape. They’re so fun to move around with when paired with a bow lol
    Edited by Cerotonin on September 8, 2019 6:15PM
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    Honestly dark elf all day once they changed how the passives work I switched it right away it give you a free set "shacklebreaker"
  • Zabulus
    Zabulus
    ✭✭✭
    Best race for stamnb : magplar. Cant go wrong
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    Dark elf. Multiple reasons:

- Their looks (RP intensifies) just fits nightblades.
    -
    - Can easily swap to magicka build (bomber mainly).
    -
    - Free shacklebreaker 5piece (mag useful even for stamina build, and the other way around for a magbuild).
    -
    - 258 weapon/spelldamage for both specs.

The little fire resist and burning immunity is nice as a vamp too. :)
    EU | PC
  • Lybal
    Lybal
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Kitty4ever
    Out of this game, tired of horrible performance and a lot of changes.