Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Skill Tree levelling

Heindrich
Heindrich
✭✭✭✭✭
Can somebody confirm/deny that ESO works like Skyrim in that the more you use a particular skill, the faster it levels?

And by use, it mean actually use it, not just having it slotted on your bar.

I've decided to switch to a bow build for my alt skill-set, and I want to know if I actually need to use my bow to level up that skill tree.

Same goes for the vampire skill tree.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least my experience is that using increases more than only slotted . The numbers of % is what i don't know
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't tell for sure if use increases the gains, as skill books make it hard to know (unless you're skipping those and actively watching, which I am not). I do know that you do not have to use the skill to level it, just have it on your active bar. This does not work for your alternate weapon if you do not switch to it at all in combat.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's clear in this game you don't have to use a skill at all to level it, simply unlocking it means XP you get will begin to level it. I've raised ranks in several skills I've never used like this.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 15, 2014 1:15PM