The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Charged trait and Elemental Force passive skill

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
If Fextralife is accurate, then:
  • A gold Charged staff increases the chance of an elemental status effect by 220%.
  • The Elemental Force destro staff passive increases the chance by 100%.

How do those numbers stack? It would seem that the main choices are:
  • Addititive to 320%, for a 4.2x multiplier to the base chance (e.g. from 10% to 42% on a "standard ability").
  • Multiplicatively to 440%, for a 5.4x multiplier (e.g. from 10% to 54%).

And while we're at it:
  • Is the standard list of base chances still accurate, e.g. as copied on Alcast page https://alcasthq.com/eso-status-effects/?
  • Are light attacks included as 10% "standard abilities"?
  • How long do status effects last?
  • How do multiple status effects of the same kind stack on a target? (Duration extension? Overwrite?)
  • What are the current off-balance durations and cooldowns?
  • What does off-balance do to the magicka return from a heavy attack, and is that additive or multiplicative to other boosts, e.g. from CP or the resto staff passive?

In case you haven't guessed, I just got some lightning staff drops in a healing set. Specifically, I got my second and third Molag Kena's Touch drops ever on the same run, courtesy of an extremely nice PUG member.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are additive. So 10% to 42%.

Light/heavy attacks don't proc status effects.

The status effects last for 4 seconds. Burning is a dot that has 3 ticks, 0 seconds, 2 seconds and 4 seconds. Concussed is a single tick of damage followed by 4 seconds of minor vulnerability, and chilled is a single tick of damage followed by 4 seconds of minor maim.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    They are additive. So 10% to 42%.

Light/heavy attacks don't proc status effects.

The status effects last for 4 seconds. Burning is a dot that has 3 ticks, 0 seconds, 2 seconds and 4 seconds. Concussed is a single tick of damage followed by 4 seconds of minor vulnerability, and chilled is a single tick of damage followed by 4 seconds of minor maim.

Awesome. Thanks!

Any numbers on the damage amounts? Do they scale with "effective spell power" in the usual way?

And I'm still curious about stacking.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    named buffs don't stack. so burning would be the only one that does, the minor vulnerability from concussed and minor maim from chilled would just refresh.