The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PvP Leveling Gear

winged_tortoise
Hi,

After spending the last few days bumping around Cyrodiil I'm contemplating making a Stam DK for PvP and am wondering how to gear him. Would it be best to create two sets of armor:

1. A PvE Leveling set of Hunding's + Night Mother's with training traits and stamina enchants?

3. A PvP Leveling set of Hunding's + Shacklebreaker with inpenetrable traits and stamina enchants?

I chose Stam DK because I already have one and setting up one DK to PvP and a second to PvE sounds pretty effortless. PvP has a pretty steep learning curve. I'm guessing DK is a good class to learn that curve. Still, it seems kind of silly to not pick up a new class. How is it to learn PvP on a Mag Sorc or Stam Blade?

Thanks
Edited by winged_tortoise on September 11, 2019 5:06PM
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP gameplay doesn't give a ton of experience for leveling. Even in training gear, it would take much longer to level, not to mention you'll be dead and won't be able to survive long enough to kill anything for experience.

So yes, its better to play low level PvP with Impen gear, and level outside of PvP in training gear.

I started PvP 2 or 3 years ago on a Stam Warden, which was completely new to me at the time. I think it benefitted me to learn how to PvP on a character I was unfamiliar with, rather than trying to apply what I knew about PvE pet sorcs at the time to a completely different playstyle. I liked it so much I made a 2nd PvP warden for Magicka. My Stamden is now retired to PvE.

DK is a great choice, along with Warden. I recommend starting off with survivability at first rather than damage, then sacrificing survivability for damage as you get more comfortable staying alive. Mag sorcs are pretty easy to play. I can't speak for Stam Blades, I die immediately when I try to PvP on mine.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • winged_tortoise
    Thanks, Warbrain.

What would you use for survival? A different PvP Armor Set? A different enchant? I was thinking about using heavy armor to be more survivable. Would that work?

Thanks!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you have a strong desire to campaign in the 1 to 50 Campaign, just level your character to Champ ranks in PVE. Then kit them out for PVP
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Warbrain.

What would you use for survival? A different PvP Armor Set? A different enchant? I was thinking about using heavy armor to be more survivable. Would that work?

Thanks!

Yes, you can start with heavy armor to get a feel for PvP survivability (again, this is just my opinion / advice on for people new to PvP). Fortified Brass in Heavy gives a ton of defense. You can then craft it in Medium if you're comfortable, or even start with it in Medium since the set itself gives good resistances. Then switch it out entirely for a damage set down the road. Shacklebreaker Heavy is fine if you need the resource recovery.

Its all preference on your playstyle too. Starting with a defensive set worked for me to start (except it was Armor Master on my Magden), because I'm obnoxious and jump into 1v50 on the reg. Luckily, I have the infinite lives code. I no longer use a defensive set, but I don't think I would've found PvP much fun if I didn't use one at first.

Be prepared to try many different sets before you find your favorite set-up.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Unless you have a strong desire to campaign in the 1 to 50 Campaign, just level your character to Champ ranks in PVE. Then kit them out for PVP

This. You can still do random BGs everyday since they give nice xp and well get you vigor pretty quick. Most people in there are doing the same thing. You’ll sometimes see people playing premades with good gear but it’s whatever.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily random BGs (as the above said) levels you very quickly
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds