Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deroh-Zah glitch in Murkmire

vintagepax
vintagepax
Soul Shriven
Post/title. This is in the third trial of the quest Death Among the Dead-Water. Literally every time I come to a point where I have to use Kishi's firestones, the game breaks and the vines stop pulling me.

And now, having to kill Deroh-Zah, the vines glitch immediately and I can't avoid his 26,000 damage instakill. Did anyone playtest this at all?
  • Tewhano
    Tewhano
    Try logging out of that character just before you get to Deroh-Zah and then back in. That worked for me. I am unable to kill this mob even tho I got the vines to work. I get pulled to the top where the plant is but still get killed. I must be missing something or this is another bug among many in the Murkmire zone.
    PC - NA

Tewhano : Breton Templar - DC
    Tewhano Tane : Breton Templar - DC
    Tewhano Whetu : Breton Templar - DC
    Ruanuku Pakeha : High Elf Sorcerer - AD
    Sevan Teledas : Dark Elf Sorcerer - EP

'I stands all that I can stands,
    and I can't stands no more.' - Popeye
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely bugging out. I just did this boss and died four times because the vine-tongues weren't working properly. They'd grab you, stun you in midair a few seconds, then drop you back on the ground to die from the boss's stupid ground-covering AOE death mechanic. Literally the only vine-tongue that was working was the one on my right, as you enter the arena. And the only way to get it to pick me up was to run to a high point on the sloping gray rock directly behind it. So my entire battle was spent by that rock--get pulled to plant for huge death-AOE, jump down to ground and run up rock during the attack on the plant, fight boss while standing on gray rock, get pulled back to plant when boss goes to activate huge death-AOE again, repeat and repeat and repeat till he finally died. Couldn't use any of the fun plant traps on the ground because I couldn't get anywhere near them due to the huge death-AOE going off and not being able to get the vine-tongues in those parts to pull me up.

Log into your elderscrollsonline.com website account and file a bug report there since they ignore things reported with /bug in-game. They just fixed another Murkmire quest where progress was blocked by faulty collision (I reported it less than a week ago, but it'd been an issue for at least a month before that. I don't know if they just got lots of reports and finally fixed it, or if my report, possibly combined with other reports from the recent forum thread about it, got their attention at last). Hope it's fixed soon!
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on June 18, 2019 11:19AM
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • Ringeren
    Ringeren
    ✭✭
    Definitely bugging out. I just did this boss and died four times because the vine-tongues weren't working properly. They'd grab you, stun you in midair a few seconds, then drop you back on the ground to die from the boss's stupid ground-covering AOE death mechanic. Literally the only vine-tongue that was working was the one on my right, as you enter the arena. And the only way to get it to pick me up was to run to a high point on the sloping gray rock directly behind it. So my entire battle was spent by that rock--get pulled to plant for huge death-AOE, jump down to ground and run up rock during the attack on the plant, fight boss while standing on gray rock, get pulled back to plant when boss goes to activate huge death-AOE again, repeat and repeat and repeat till he finally died. Couldn't use any of the fun plant traps on the ground because I couldn't get anywhere near them due to the huge death-AOE going off and not being able to get the vine-tongues in those parts to pull me up.

Log into your elderscrollsonline.com website account and file a bug report there since they ignore things reported with /bug in-game. They just fixed another Murkmire quest where progress was blocked by faulty collision (I reported it less than a week ago, but it'd been an issue for at least a month before that. I don't know if they just got lots of reports and finally fixed it, or if my report, possibly combined with other reports from the recent forum thread about it, got their attention at last). Hope it's fixed soon!

THANK YOU! That worked
  • Xruptor
    Xruptor
    ✭✭
    Okay for those getting the bug at the boss at the end where the fire stones don't work, there is a work around i found that works. What you need to do is engage the boss at the end of the path. Deal damage to him and when he returns to center to do his massive aoe, quickly turn around and run all the way passed the archway you spoke to the npc at. Wait about maybe 5 or 10 seconds, return back to the path and you'll see that you can attack boss again. Repeat this process until boss is dead. It should help you avoid his instant kill aoe. If he resets keep trying my method because you ran too far. It should be up until the archway. Hope this helps folks. I really wish they would fix the bug with the firestones not working
  • vintagepax
    vintagepax
    Soul Shriven
    As I have not played this game in a while due to this bug, I come back and see the bug is STILL there, so I'll try your method and post my results
  • vintagepax
    vintagepax
    Soul Shriven
    HAHA it actually worked! This boss and his stupid glitch was the whole reason I haven't played in like two months, and he's finally dead, so thank you so much Xruptor
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vintagepax wrote: »
    Post/title. This is in the third trial of the quest Death Among the Dead-Water. Literally every time I come to a point where I have to use Kishi's firestones, the game breaks and the vines stop pulling me.

And now, having to kill Deroh-Zah, the vines glitch immediately and I can't avoid his 26,000 damage instakill. Did anyone playtest this at all?

Thats because you dont keep the Green Pact :)
  • vintagepax
    vintagepax
    Soul Shriven
    Aaaaand I've killed him three times now, but the quest doesn't mark this stage as complete and then resets him for me to fight again. Logging out and changing regions doesn't change it. I'm utterly convinced no one tested this at all. I'm done.
    Edited by vintagepax on September 3, 2019 1:40PM
  • hawkeye1973
    hawkeye1973
    Soul Shriven
    Running to the archway is working for me, but you can stop just after that tree on the right before the archway. going to far after it makes it possible to kill him him, but you don't finish the trial. Needed 4 tries before i did got it right.
  • DrowElfMorwen
    DrowElfMorwen
    ✭✭
    This quest is still glitched the same way.

@ZOS_BillE or @ZOS_GinaBruno Can something be done about this? I've died four times and many others have as well because of this glitch. I've logged in and out several times, even out of the entire game.
    3d Artist: https://deviantart.com/drowelfmorwen
    Wheel of Time Fan :: James Cameron's Avatar Fan
  • DrowElfMorwen
    DrowElfMorwen
    ✭✭
    This quest is still glitched the same way.

@ZOS_BillE or @ZOS_GinaBruno Can something be done about this? I've died several times and many others have as well because of this glitch. I've logged in and out several times, even out of the entire game.

3d Artist: https://deviantart.com/drowelfmorwen
    Wheel of Time Fan :: James Cameron's Avatar Fan
  • jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently ZOS fixed the quest somehow. I died four time and was just going to give up when on the fourth death I revived at the lily. I guess it was too much trouble for them to actually fix it. Sad.
  • vintagepax
    vintagepax
    Soul Shriven
    mague wrote: »
    Thats because you dont keep the Green Pact :)

I'm not even a Bosmer, your Pact rules don't apply to me!

Anyway, I'm going to try hawkeye's solution and see if that will fix it.
  • vintagepax
    vintagepax
    Soul Shriven
    It worked and now this infuriating quest is over with.
  • Ziba
    Ziba
    Soul Shriven
    November 2019 and this boss fight is still bugged to high heavens :(

vines glitch, stuns you midair and kicks you back on the ground, now for the 18th time :s

When will this be fixed, if at all?
    Khajiit stamplar DD | Altmer magplar Healer | Imperial DK Tank | Argonian Sorc DD | Bosmer Warden DD
    ~ Daggerfall Covenant / EU player ~
  • HaroldRay
    HaroldRay
    Soul Shriven
    Behind the wall that has 1 flower is a hill. Go part way up the hill and then use the rock. Rinse and repeat.
  • Lucillehe
    Lucillehe
    I followed 16BitForestCat's method and it worked. I think the range of the plants is the problem there. So if you use the one close to the incline, next to the entrance, and go up the slope, it works. Sure you have to stay close to it and be careful not to exit the boundaries of the fight, or that step of the quest resets, but it works.
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    What worked for me was to use the vine on top of the stone closest to the small incline. But I used it before the fight which placed me up on top of the stone. I was able to start and finish the entire battle from up there - despite the obvious lack of pathing for the boss to actually get to me. In its current bugged state, the boss did NOT reset as a normal boss would. Stupid workaround but it at least allowed for quest completion.
  • flavmad09
    flavmad09
    Can confirm the bug is still there... I managed to kill it by cheesing the mechanics, but the quest doesn't complete. Waste of time doing the quest. If it doesn't work, just remove it from the game!
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed glitch is still there.

First tried the run away method but even when I killed him it wouldn't trigger to the next stage.

In the end I had to get his health down then run in and try and get a vine to work. Once up above when I killed him the quest moved on.

It took quite a few attempts, looks like if you have any CC on you it fails, if the line of sight is poor, it fails, if I've got heartburn, it fails.....

sheesh.
    EU PS4
  • Rogue_WolfESO
    Rogue_WolfESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had problems with this as well, the way I defeated this was to run up the large grey rock slope and pelt Deroh-Zah with arrows. He would run up the rock slope to attack me a little then run away back to the centre of his area to perform his aoe death skill. Staying up on the rock keeps you out of the area of effect.
    Edited by Rogue_WolfESO on January 26, 2020 10:03PM
  • veroxiousvemo
    veroxiousvemo
    ✭✭✭
    Gahhhh I died like 7 times. Sigh...
    Edited by veroxiousvemo on February 28, 2020 7:17PM
    G'day! | Xbox NA CP1666
  • veroxiousvemo
    veroxiousvemo
    ✭✭✭
    Xruptor wrote: »
    Okay for those getting the bug at the boss at the end where the fire stones don't work, there is a work around i found that works. What you need to do is engage the boss at the end of the path. Deal damage to him and when he returns to center to do his massive aoe, quickly turn around and run all the way passed the archway you spoke to the npc at. Wait about maybe 5 or 10 seconds, return back to the path and you'll see that you can attack boss again. Repeat this process until boss is dead. It should help you avoid his instant kill aoe. If he resets keep trying my method because you ran too far. It should be up until the archway. Hope this helps folks. I really wish they would fix the bug with the firestones not working
    This one works! Thank you!
    G'day! | Xbox NA CP1666