Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wearing gear that helps gathering.

Senneth
Senneth
✭✭
Is there equipment you can wear that improves gathering amounts while running around farming materials?

I thought I've come across that before, but I'm having trouble finding information about what sets or if they even exist.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gathering amounts. But I wear Coward's / Fjord's to farm since you can run faster. Steed Mundus as well.

The only thing that increases amounts is the passive in the CP tree (The Lover) for Plentiful Harvest.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only in terms of going faster.

Any of the speed boosting gear works, I like Darkstride myself, because I like being able to run forever. Very useful in busy zones where sometimes I have to run around someone to get ahead of them on my farming route.
  • Senneth
    Senneth
    ✭✭
    Nice. Both of those are cool. I'm on it! Thanks.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another viable option it's Coward's Gear + Jailbreaker.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another viable option it's Coward's Gear + Jailbreaker.

This on an Orc with Steed mundus.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it worth having a dedicated gatherer?

Not that I need another alt, but that is something I might consider.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @FlopsyPrince Not entirely required to have a build just for gathering. It's advisable if you're low on funds/resources. I just pick up the majority of the nodes when I go from point "A" to point "B" besides all the survey reports that I get from daily writs. Once I finished researching traits I relocated those points into the keen eye passive. I already have the speed passive.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I find it worth it because I don't have the Crafting Bag. So my gatherer has full bag space along with all the CP I want to farm and run forever.

If you do have ESO+, then any stam build in running gear with the plentiful harvest and master gatherer perks will work just fine.

Keen Eye in alchemy is mandatory, everything else is useful.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 10, 2019 11:12AM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use that alt to store all my surveys I get from my daily writs (there are currently ~150 unique surveys), then collect them when I get to 10+ of a specific one. They also have maximum passives in all the refining lines to maximize drops when refining.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • bakthi
    bakthi
    ✭✭✭
    You might have a look at this:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-fast-gold-farming-build-pve/

Personally, I don't actively farm materials, but all of my characters have plentiful harvest, master gatherer, and as many keen eye level 1 perks as possible. Will Dismount For Mats (when I'm on the way to doing something else). This is mostly good enough to keep all of them supplied for daily writs.
    Army of me:
    CP810+: Breton Templar healer, Redguard stamina Warden, Imperial DK tank, Altmer magicka Sorceror, Orc stamina Sorceror/werewolf, Nord Necromancer tank, Khajit TG/DB Nightblade, Bosmer stamina Necromancer, Argonian Warden healer, Dunmer magicka DK, Nord Nightblade tank
    Second account, CP400+: Breton magicka Warden, Nord Nightblade healer/solo vampire, Bosmer stamina Templar/werewolf, Dunmer magicka Necromancer, Orc stamina DK, Argonian Warden tank
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I farm on an Imperial (my main), and my farming loadout is Fiord's (5) + Jailbreaker (5) + Nocturnal's Favor (2) with all jewelry traited to Swift. Since you're on an Orc, you could switch out the Jailbreaker for something else and not lose any speed overall. I prefer this combo because it gives me the highest non-sprint speed (177% vs. being capped at 200% while sprinting) and allows me to sprint near endlessly with crazy stamina recovery.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tatanko wrote: »
    I farm on an Imperial (my main), and my farming loadout is Fiord's (5) + Jailbreaker (5) + Nocturnal's Favor (2) with all jewelry traited to Swift. Since you're on an Orc, you could switch out the Jailbreaker for something else and not lose any speed overall. I prefer this combo because it gives me the highest non-sprint speed (177% vs. being capped at 200% while sprinting) and allows me to sprint near endlessly with crazy stamina recovery.

I use something very similar to this only mine is an orc. For classes I prefer sorc because bolt escape comes in handy for an extra boost at times. And being a vampire also helps
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Stay off the horse...wear certain armor sets that allow fast sneaking...to avoid most battles. The dudes on horse are just going for the chests and so forth....keep on doing it.
    I know nutting....
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just remember, there is a speed limit to spint. If you're wearing multiple speed sets plus swift... you're wasting speed.

I use Darkstride+Cowards, no swift trait. My sprint speed is right at max on my farmer, with Steed and CP for speed/regen.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All my characters gather. However, one is dedicated to the process, holds all the surveys and Treasure Maps. All gear and passives are focused on Speed, Stamina and Stamina recovery.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• inchdixprb19_ESO
    inchdixprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    the faster you run, the more you miss. if I farm, I take it nice and steady and clean up behind the sprinters