Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild using exploits to get up on to porch area in Imperial city

sharquez
sharquez
✭✭✭✭✭
There have been sever instances of guild groups exploiting and bypassing the gapclosing/teleport suppression systems. I can send screenshots and details in DMS.
I may be wrong but in the past, I believe enemy faction members would take environmental damage if they went up there, so that's not working either.
At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest reporting it in game. I will also tag a couple people here that may be able to help though they are more likely to discuss this in PM.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_AntonioP
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I suggest reporting it in game. I will also tag a couple people here that may be able to help though they are more likely to discuss this in PM.

Yeah I've been doing so, but I figured a thread to bring some public attention to the issue would help.
  • Potato_Salad
    Potato_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    Those specific porches in the sewers have never had the environmental damage on them. The porches aren't technically spawns, they're just ledges in the sewer. If they want to classify them as a spawn and put the environmental damage on that's fine. However, it's been in the game for years and to classify it as an exploit and demand players be banned is a bit far.

When ZOS added the environmental damage to all the other areas they either purposely or neglectfully did not put it on the porches. It's no different from pulling up to any other ledge in the game.

And besides, you can easily get into the sewers a number of other ways. It's not that big of a deal
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything is going to be done, I suspect it'll happen first thing Monday morning.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    If anything is going to be done, I suspect it'll happen first thing Monday morning.

I see nothing about it in patch notes.. so most likely nothing has been done about it.. :(
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was the weekend, and the problem was only made apparent by the large influx of players, I can certainly forgive them not rushing out a patch on the double but we definitely need to hear something about this.
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this is an exploit or bug at all, you can attack from the ledge and there's no sanctuary put there like other entrances, maybe this is how zos wants it.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaggin wrote: »
    I don't think this is an exploit or bug at all, you can attack from the ledge and there's no sanctuary put there like other entrances, maybe this is how zos wants it.

Here's the problem with that. When you look at the character sheet while you are in that room, there are several passive effects that appear that disable gap-closers like Ambush or dragon knight leap. Frozen gate, and other pulling skills don't work either. Somehow this is being circumvented. In addition normally in situations where you are able to get up to enemy player spawn areas there is an environmental instant kill effect.

I don't really care all that much about the players camping the spawn even though its kind of annoying. That does't really affect me as i can just go up a ladder or use a sigil to go home if there are players there. Besides they are usually packing so when they do die you get something out of it. What is bothering me is that some classes cant use half their skill-bars there, and others can just go up onto a spawn-area porch and do whatever they want with out any of the normal safeguards working.
  • Potato_Salad
    Potato_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »

Here's the problem with that. When you look at the character sheet while you are in that room, there are several passive effects that appear that disable gap-closers like Ambush or dragon knight leap. Frozen gate, and other pulling skills don't work either. Somehow this is being circumvented. In addition normally in situations where you are able to get up to enemy player spawn areas there is an environmental instant kill effect.

I don't really care all that much about the players camping the spawn even though its kind of annoying. That does't really affect me as i can just go up a ladder or use a sigil to go home if there are players there. Besides they are usually packing so when they do die you get something out of it. What is bothering me is that some classes cant use half their skill-bars there, and others can just go up onto a spawn-area porch and do whatever they want with out any of the normal safeguards working.

I did look at the character sheet, there's nothing mentioning this anywhere. This has not been a thing in these specific areas, ever. Not for the last several years. It's not an exploit. 8k5r8ugm96fj.jpg
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you think that ZOS will care about updating an old DLC? Move along, we got dragons :D
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether or not an area has an instant kill mechanism worked in for opposing factions is not reason enough to say it's not an exploit. Pulling up onto walls and into keeps is technically an exploit and there are no kill barriers to stop the action. It's just not a legit action. You could expect to be actioned for that at some point.

This ledge glitch may fall under the same category. I think it's fairly clear that it's not in the spirit of the rules for it to occur as you can't simply walk up there. You do have to go through some hoops to get yourself onto that ledge. The intention is that it's a one way platform.

It should probably be patched at some point so that it can no longer be done and ZOS may want to mention whether that particular action counts as an exploit or not. I suspect that they may still consider it an exploit even without an instant kill mechanism specifically stopping it. They are fully within their rights to punish players performing this action, whether it's an exploit or not. They may simply count it as harassment if they choose to.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uvibtwnmis7f.png
    This Screen shot begs to differ. in additon to nameing two specific skills I cannot use ambush as a Nightblade.
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Do you think that ZOS will care about updating an old DLC? Move along, we got dragons :D

Uh i'd certainly hope so considering they've been adding things here and there to it with every major update this year.
    Edited by sharquez on September 10, 2019 3:16AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »

I did look at the character sheet, there's nothing mentioning this anywhere. This has not been a thing in these specific areas, ever. Not for the last several years. It's not an exploit. 8k5r8ugm96fj.jpg

That's different to console.
    On Xbox you glow blue in the safe areas and certain skills won't work. You can move out of that to an edge, but in the blue area it def limits you

Keep logging in game though OP. as for sure you shouldn't be able to get up there
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been seeing people of all factions doing this as the event has progressed and am trying to actively discourage this sort of thing when I can. I personally have not been able to get on a ledge even a friendly one except through proper means of walking through the door from the faction base.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't an exploit. It's been in the game forever, and that was never a blue safe zone area with a suppression effect.

If it was meant to be a safezone, you wouldn't be able to use abilities up there either. Sorry.

@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    This isn't an exploit. It's been in the game forever, and that was never a blue safe zone area with a suppression effect.

If it was meant to be a safezone, you wouldn't be able to use abilities up there either. Sorry.

Explain then why there are abilities that are forbidden from use in that room in its entirety? Why can dragonknights not use chain pull or leap? Why can't Nightblades use Ambush? Why can't wardens use frozen gate or natures grasp?

The simplest explanation would be to stop people from getting up to the porch. If a dev came in here and said otherwise I'd humbly back down on this. But until that happens I'm sticking to my guns on this one. You are not supposed to be able to get up there and there are safeguards that are malfunctioning.