The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Imperial City is not Faction Locked

NirnStorm
NirnStorm
✭✭✭✭✭
The craziest thing happened yesterday. Me and my guildies were playing in IC on our EPs, when SUDDENLY our guildmate who has been locked to AD for the last few campaigns came on his EP and joined our group!

We had a ton of fun together and enjoyed a great evening which is completely unacceptable. Please faction lock IC instantly so we can't have fun with our friends even during the event.

#DontHateMySarcasmPliz
Characters: (PC NA)
Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
Characters: (PC EU)
Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
Twitch
: Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's really nice how we can forget about faction lock during the IC event! Group up with whom you wish, go where the good, challenging fights are...

I hope ZOS will restore at least one main (populated) capaingn in Cyrodiil to this state again soon
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City also doesnt have a score, end of campaign rewards, Emperorship, scrolls, or the behavioral issues that caused people to ask for faction lock in the first place. So it doesnt need one.

IC is exactly the place you go when you don't care about those things and just want some PVP, which is one reason its kind of nice that it's no longer a drain on the Cyrodiil population limit.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like we have a solution for "I want to play with my friends" complaint. Everyone keep playing in IC after the event.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can blame the people that trolled, disrupted and traded emp for the faction lock.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    You can blame the people that trolled, disrupted and traded emp for the faction lock.

That was done in the 7 day, not the 30 day. Irrelevant point is irrelevant.
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    The "just go to IC" argument is the same as the "just go to 7 day camp"

THEY ARE DEAD! No one to fight (except during the event)
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am glad my other faction toons are getting some air. It's been nice.
    Imperial City also doesnt have a score, end of campaign rewards, Emperorship, scrolls, or the behavioral issues that caused people to ask for faction lock in the first place. So it doesnt need one.

The 7 day campaign has all these and it doesn't have faction lock either.
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Sounds like we have a solution for "I want to play with my friends" complaint. Everyone keep playing in IC after the event.

LOL, you know it's gonna go back to being a ghost town after this.
    Edited by Mr_Walker on September 10, 2019 2:31AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City also doesnt have a score, end of campaign rewards, Emperorship, scrolls, or the behavioral issues that caused people to ask for faction lock in the first place..

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
    wait let me catch my breath...
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHEHEHEHEHE

I can assure you if peope actually went to ic outside the event it would cause way more behavioral issues than anything in the normal campaigns.

Does anyone remember how angry people get when you clear them from a grindspot with an alt?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50