Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cant keep my stamsorc alive in BGs

festher
festher
✭✭
i like the playing style of stamsorc so i keep trying to learn it, but often i just have to take a break and play my magblade for a while to not feel like a complete noob.

I have tried different builds and right now im running with Troll King, Bone Pirate and Briarheart (front and back) 6 medium and 1 heavy. Full impen. Unbuffed 12k resist. 38k stam, 2k stam recovery and 22k hp (inside BG). I have a strong bow back-bar (injection, draining shot, snipe) and use it a lot but probably mostly because i die if i try to charge/dizzy/exe or something. Die is a small word. i melt in 2-3 sec

i have tried heavy Pariah and Bloodspawn which of cause makes me tanky, but also without much dmg. I have tried a middle-road with Medium Fortified Brass but dmg is weak and survivability is slightly better. I am maintaining my hurrycane and surge and try to dodge roll and kite a lot. but its seems i face people who can just stay in the center of shitt and mitigate the damage while blowing me up, Dots are not my problem. I die much faster than that

My melee/frontbar is my problem (hurrycane, charge, dizzy, rally, surge) due to the fact i die if i use it

Tips and advice is very much appriciated :)
Edited by festher on September 8, 2019 5:58PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use streak+dark deal, trade about 600 Stam recovery for resists.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check out the StamSorc build I have in my signature if you wish :) -- it's tried and tested thoroughly in BGs and CP Open-World. Great survivability, mobility, and nice damage (whether burst or pressure). It also handles Templars well because of its innate high speed and Streak.

It's a heavy 2h + S&B build, not sure if you'd enjoy that playstyle. You'd have to get used to "bash weaving" to get the most out of it. But it can do some serious damage with Onslaught combos.

You could also use the same set-up with Dizzying Swing + Camouflaged Hunter on the front bar and utility skills on S&B, but I'd recommend being a Nord for that.
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same issue. Decided to go heavy with skoria, ravager and mothers gaze with swift jewels and just run in with lots of damage and then get out. Works most of the time but when I come up against players who know what they are doing its very hard.

I also got destroyed, as did the rest of the bg, by a stam sorc spamming dizzy last night. Dizzy dizzy dizzy, it was all he seemed to do but while I couldn't seem to do any damage in this particular bg he just ran over everyone. Would love to know what gear he paired with his dizzy.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Double your resists. You want 24k unbuffed, putting your Brass back on will solve your survivability. I expect you're using tri pots?
    PC EU
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 fortified brass on body, medium impen
    5 spriggans, jewels and dual wield maces
    2 earthgore, heavy/light impen
    Masters Bow back bar, defending.

Your spammable is Silver Shards, CC is Turn Evil, Ultimate is Dawnbreaker.

Execute is Spin2Win.

Go forth and wreck.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on September 8, 2019 7:47PM
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

Execute is Spin2Win.

Go forth and wreck.

@ChunkyCat damn you, now you've got me thinking again. For so long I've resisted fortified brass but it's just keeps coming up in builds for every class. What's the bet it gets nerfed as soon as I invest in it.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »

Execute is Spin2Win.

Go forth and wreck.

@ChunkyCat damn you, now you've got me thinking again. For so long I've resisted fortified brass but it's just keeps coming up in builds for every class. What's the bet it gets nerfed as soon as I invest in it.

It's practically free. I'm sure you'll find someone that's researched 3 traits and can craft it for you. Rubedo leather and Rubedite is easily attainable.
    PC EU
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Execute is Spin2Win.

Go forth and wreck.

It's practically free. I'm sure you'll find someone that's researched 3 traits and can craft it for you. Rubedo leather and Rubedite is easily attainable.

Oh I can easily craft it myself, but I pvp and can't save money at all with the way the system works so it's upgrading the yellow that I need to think carefully about
  • probabkyravi
    probabkyravi
    ✭✭✭
    Fortified Brass kinda boring.

I like heavy on Stamsorc becuase you have Dark Deal for sustain and Streak for mobility.

I run Heavy 5-1-1 Hundings on dual wield bar, Asylum 1+S back bar, with either Battlefield Acrobat or Heartland then Selestrix as monster, Spin2win stuff.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fortified Brass is just a poor man's Pariah. Bonuses 2-4 are identical so it's all about the 5 piece.

The 5th piece of Pariah starts at 2.5k resists at 100% HP, so half that of Brass. However it matches Brass at ~75% HP and is twice as good when you're in execute range. If you want to be 5 medium, you can use Pariah jewels with heavy chest/legs paired with Spriggan hands,feet, waist and weapons.

Personally, I would also pair it with Bloodspawn rather than Earthgore, it has near ~100% uptime in the DoT meta, great ult regen and the 2-piece bonus is far better.
    EU | PC | AD
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    im so tired of this dot shitt that im begining to consider Curse Eater even on stam builds. Unless i am on a team with a healer, i am healing my self more than fighting. 2-3 dots and i look like i hit a bee nest.

"hey lets try 4 dots on the stamsorc and see what happens" (stealth and gets popcorn)

For now im done not being able to hold my own that for sure. i have other classes so im good but if i only had this character i would be f... pissed lol
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    had to try one more DM... first death (degeneration, soul trap and grippling grasp - surprice!) also this guy ended 17-4.

I dont think they gave us anything good against DOT's so ill just accept that they screwed us over with their degenerated balancing skills in the damage department _!_
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, dots arnt even bad. It's just a hive mind thing, seriously the alternative is burst and if your struggling with dots then your in for a world of hurt with burst.

On my stam sorc surge, vigor, rally and dark deal along with mobility and streak keep those dots at bay. Infact the dots give me time to streak away heal and buff up and that caster better be prepared to handle night mothers, ravager and maybe a skoria proc
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I switched mine to pure tank so I stay alive but hit like a wet noodle. I stay out of Deathmatch BG's on it and it works great on the other two
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, dots arnt even bad. It's just a hive mind thing, seriously the alternative is burst and if your struggling with dots then your in for a world of hurt with burst.

On my stam sorc surge, vigor, rally and dark deal along with mobility and streak keep those dots at bay. Infact the dots give me time to streak away heal and buff up and that caster better be prepared to handle night mothers, ravager and maybe a skoria proc

I have to agree, the dots aren't that bad in no cp, even against my 7 medium Stam sorc. Like you said, I can handle them just fine with streak, vigor, and dark deal.

Maybe it all comes down to play style, but I find that the key to BG survivability is mobility, not tankiness. Tanks are just asking to get 4v1ed. And at that point, either your going to die anyways, or you do so little damage that you are really just a detriment to your team. (In DM at least)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to agree, the dots aren't that bad in no cp, even against my 7 medium Stam sorc. Like you said, I can handle them just fine with streak, vigor, and dark deal.

Maybe it all comes down to play style, but I find that the key to BG survivability is mobility, not tankiness. Tanks are just asking to get 4v1ed. And at that point, either your going to die anyways, or you do so little damage that you are really just a detriment to your team. (In DM at least)

Absolutely.

Also; melee range builds are typically heavily team dependant. Getting stuck 1v3 happens a lot with a weak team.

I'd definitely recommend running bow at least backbar
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    I switched mine to pure tank so I stay alive but hit like a wet noodle. I stay out of Deathmatch BG's on it and it works great on the other two

Generally speaking stam builds are quite inefficient for DMs, except perhaps Warden. Since the map changes, arenas have become quite confined spaces now. So DMs are all about AoE dmg and a lot of group support, especially in high MMR. Games are quite full of premade teams stacking Templars or with Templar, Warden, Necro combos. Permafrost + Colossus and smash everything in sight. And stam builds have mostly 0 group heals as well.

In disorganised, lower-MMR matches you can do better with a dmg build than a tank build though as stam. You can pick single targets and smash them. While as @MurderMostFoul said, building to be a tank there is just asking to be Xv1ed.
    EU | PC | AD
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Generally speaking stam builds are quite inefficient for DMs

I'm going to have to disagree with that one. Now if your talking randoms v premades, then yes the stam builds, and all the other builds with the randoms, will suffer. But even in high MMR, if you get a match of randoms vs randoms, or if your roll with a premade (with a competent healer) and encounter other premades, a stam build can still do very well. But just like I said before, the key is mobility. Even with a healer backing you up, there are times you just need to get out of the sh!t. If you build with an escape mechanism in mind, you'll find yourself doing a lot better in BGs as a melee stam build.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm going to have to disagree with that one. Now if your talking randoms v premades, then yes the stam builds, and all the other builds with the randoms, will suffer. But even in high MMR, if you get a match of randoms vs randoms, or if your roll with a premade (with a competent healer) and encounter other premades, a stam build can still do very well. But just like I said before, the key is mobility. Even with a healer backing you up, there are times you just need to get out of the sh!t. If you build with an escape mechanism in mind, you'll find yourself doing a lot better in BGs as a melee stam build.

It’s ok to disagree. You can be mobile all you want but your healer won’t be, therefore dying again and again after you disengage. Especially since you can’t offer him any heals. And by building for high dmg, it means you’re on the squish side (medium) which would make it very hard for your healer to keep you alive in an aoe *** storm.

The stam builds I’ve seen do well enough in premades and vs premades are usually tanky builds, not damage builds. Damage stamina builds are for me a niche that only really works in randoms vs randoms and better in low than high MMR.

And if you’re in a premade vs randoms... then anything works so long as you have basic coordination.
    Edited by Maulkin on September 10, 2019 12:43PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s ok to disagree. You can be mobile all you want but your healer won’t be, therefore dying again and again after you disengage. Especially since you can’t offer him any heals. And by building for high dmg, it means you’re on the squish side (medium) which would make it very hard for your healer to keep you alive in an aoe *** storm.

The stam builds I’ve seen do well enough in premades and vs premades are usually tanky builds, not damage builds. Damage stamina builds are for me a niche that only really works in randoms vs randoms and better in low than high MMR.

And if you’re in a premade vs randoms... then anything works so long as you have basic coordination.

Well wait a sec, melee Stam or Archer? An Archer is gonna be on the fringe anyway; able to pop in and out without any real need for a healer.

A melee is gonna be ... Well imo melee is only effective with other melee range builds (thus not getting 3 players to just target the F outta you) or is capable of disengaging at will (cloak or streak really)

I've never been apart of a pre-made; but against a premade - as an Archer in the high MMR; I tend to support the most offensive player on our team. I suppose it doesn't contribute much to the conversation; but I feel stamina can be exceptional in premade vs premade

At work, so I probably didn't help lmfao
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol imagine unironically running a tank in high MMR BGs because you don’t use positioning and prekiting as the primary source of dmg mitigation.

EU detected.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A melee is gonna be ... Well imo melee is only effective with other melee range builds (thus not getting 3 players to just target the F outta you) or is capable of disengaging at will (cloak or streak really)

On my stamplar it's extended ritual, roll dodge into major expedition (bow), forward momentum, vigor. Works extremely well.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fortified brass is actually not as good as it was. Onslaught’s a popular ultimate.

I’ve never tried pariah but I think it’d be a lot better, just pair it with a medium set so you can run 5m-2H.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Lol imagine unironically running a tank in high MMR BGs because you don’t use positioning and prekiting as the primary source of dmg mitigation.

EU detected.

Imagine unironically thinking that positioning and prekiting in premade groups is the preserve of only certain builds. Or that tanky build = tank, like you can't put out 1.5m dmg for fun in heavy armor build with a defensive set.

Actually, I can't imagine anyone thinking that in their right mind...
    Edited by Maulkin on September 12, 2019 10:22PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can’t really compare either of your epeens until one of you start insulting the other’s mother.

We’ll wait.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Execute is Spin2Win.

Go forth and wreck.

This is very similar to my build (not earthgore or masters bow though) but my weapon damage suffers. That's my main problem. I don't know to increase weapon damage (and thus overall damage) while keeping the resists I need. A few builds suggest Warrior's Fury but I don't even know where to get it.

So Fortified Brass + Warrior's Fury could be a possibility.
    Edited by Holycannoli on September 13, 2019 12:36PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EU detected.

Imagine unironically thinking that positioning and prekiting in premade groups is the preserve of only certain builds. Or that tanky build = tank, like you can't put out 1.5m dmg for fun in heavy armor build with a defensive set.

How dare I imagine that tanky build = tank

What a leap I made.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

EU detected.

What a leap I made.

When it comes to PvP, a pretty big one my man. That was some 28m dragon leap right there.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Execute is Spin2Win.

Go forth and wreck.

Lucky I didn't invest in it!

Fortified Brass: Reduced the Physical and Spell Resistances granted from the 5 piece bonus of this set to 3460 from 5170
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EU detected.

What a leap I made.

When it comes to PvP, a pretty big one my man. That was some 28m dragon leap right there.

I like you