Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is the taunt skills broken?

Malamar1229
Malamar1229
✭✭✭✭✭
I picked up good pieces of a set that only works with taunts and I keep trying to use a taunt skill on this assassin named snickers and he keeps attacking my healer anyway, are assassins just easily avoiding taunts or is this concept just a waste in cryodil?
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What set are you talking about? I don't think Snickers is doing anything special, probably what you are trying does not work in PvP.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To my knowledge:

Tremorscale = procs off Taunt in PvP

Vanguard's Challenge = procs off Taunt in PvP

Curse of Doylemish = does not proc off Taunt in PvP - requires Stun or Immobilization

Claws of Yolna = no clue. I assume it works in PvP

Undaunted Bastion = probably works in PvP, you might be the first to ever try it honestly

Vykosa = supposedly works in PvP, but you're probably better off with another defensive Monster Set unless you are strictly trying to debuff for your teammates' benefit, in which case you're better off with Thurvokun, unless you are using Talons or some other source of Minor Maim. If I were strictly trying to "tank" in PvP for my teammates' benefit, overall I would pick Lord Warden.

Tormentor = should work in PvP to activate any set which procs off Taunt in PvP. Will not proc Doylemish

Edited by Urzigurumash on September 4, 2019 3:24AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    The chat is usually the most effective tool you can use to taunt in pvp.
    However many good pvp'ers uses the (OP) block function or put their status to offline, making them pretty much immune to taunts.

Excessive jumping or emotes sometimes work too, but most veteran players usually have pretty high resistance against that as well.
    Araviel -Professional Zerg surfing mutagen spammer [DC-EU]
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Araviel2 wrote: »
    The chat is usually the most effective tool you can use to taunt in pvp.
    However many good pvp'ers uses the (OP) block function or put their status to offline, making them pretty much immune to taunts.

Excessive jumping or emotes sometimes work too, but most veteran players usually have pretty high resistance against that as well.

Funny. I read it as if you have a 100% straight face.

My kind of humor for real
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PVP you can proc effects off of using a taunt skill on someone but, unlike PVE, you cannot control who they attack.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To taunt someone in PVP you can start by insulting their parentage, perhaps with alleged f0rnication. You could also try pressing the crouch button repeatedly while looking at them from across a field. Useful in game emotes include /sweep, /teatime, and /goutfang. Unfortunately players do not respond favorably to in game taunts.

They are wild, unpredictable creatures.
    Edited by Kartalin on September 4, 2019 5:26PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I fart in their general direction
    Edited by paulychan on September 4, 2019 7:39PM
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Edited by paulychan on September 4, 2019 7:43PM
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found in PvP, the most effective taunt is using the /kissthis emote.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can taunt players, but they would not be forced to attack you.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a aoe taunt in pvp. Range is line of sight and this is not a joke. Use a build that can get away with walking around ~%50 hp and everyone will focus you. Good players will stop after a while.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a aoe taunt in pvp. Range is line of sight and this is not a joke. Use a build that can get away with walking around ~%50 hp and everyone will focus you. Quitters will stop after a while.

FTFY