The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Provisioning in Veteran Rank zones - Bug or working as designed?

Zakaar
Zakaar
So I made VR1 and I went to the other races level areas to do the VR content. While the mobs and quests all drop VR level items, the barrels and crates all drop level 1 crafting components.

Is this working as designed or is it a bug? It doesn't seem to make sense that these lootable items would be dispensing level 1 crating items in a supposedly level 50+ zone.
  • Maeglus
    Maeglus
    This is something I'd like to know as well, how are veteran provisioners expected to make any level 50 and veteran rank food and beverages with no ingredients?
  • knightblaster
    knightblaster
    ✭✭✭
    I think the towns in Cyrodiil have high level crafting mats.
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodil is not bad but it's not great either. Having such an item intensive craft you really need a good high yield spot to go around harvesting every so often or continuous small amounts while questing which is why suddenly being dumped with only level 1 yielding crates/barrels in the VR zones (and thats if you can find one) is problematic.
  • Iceborg
    Iceborg
    i have the same problem hardly ever find any vet materials in vet zones instead all the crates are normally empty and when they are not empty its level 1 materials i mean is this vet lvls the endgame content or not im really confused. waste of time so far lvling up my provisioning
  • Iceborg
    Iceborg
    sorry for the double post but just wanted to add when i was waiting for the release and watching all the videos brought out the devs said in one video materials are found everywhere well its not the case