Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Let's talk about this set

SpiderCultist
SpiderCultist
✭✭✭✭✭
I find it quite trolly for non-cp and BGs, have tested it on a stamNB since it came out and my survivability and sustain increased quite a lot but it's lackluster in terms of burst. The set I'm referring to is:

Vesture of Darloc Brae

(2 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
(3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
(4 Items) Reduces the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak by 10%.
(5 Items) While crouching, you restore 670 Magicka and Stamina and heal for 716 Health every second.

There are people using it on magNB as well, heck even on non-sneak classes like templars. What's your opinion about it?
PC | EU
Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
"You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."

Let's talk about this set 54 votes

Good set
37%
driosketchGilvothmilesrodneymcneely2_ESOIdinuseAztlanEmma_OverloadThe_LexAdenomaHEBREWHAMMERRRArgonianAustinSpartabunny08huschdeguddzjeAznoxMupomacsmoothnsmurferLoreTooiRaivynecalikush51PaddyVu 20 votes
Bad set
29%
Aektannkollege14a5Xvorgfred4SshadowSscaleJierdanitmikey_reachWildRaptorXCompM4sNerftheforumsMassiveFumeskatorgalukoiEtTuBrutusCernunnos55Szende 16 votes
Other
14%
tonemdredspecter23MayraelHowlKimchiTrinity_Is_My_NameRedKialandijuhislihis19Cerotonin 8 votes
N'wahs with attitude (Troll option)
18%
DavadinFearlessOne_2014Master_KasChunkyCatOrjixSpiderCultistHalvarIronfistWyrd88Diarfsnipezor 10 votes
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I supposed everyone knew the existence of this set. I attach a video from a well-known youtuber for those who did not know about this set:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v9eSfGmk0M
    PC | EU
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew about this set but was under the impression you had to crouch to get it to proc ? Does cloak automatically trigger it ?
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good set
    Dot is getting audited next that dot issue in the video should fix itself I think update 24 they said. 90k dot build till then I suppose lol
    Edited by Spartabunny08 on September 9, 2019 11:21AM
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew about this set but was under the impression you had to crouch to get it to proc ? Does cloak automatically trigger it ?

just by crouching, with or without cloak
    PC | EU
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It's just an interesting set and may be used in some niche builds but in general there are far better options when you actually want to stand your ground.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad set
    Not worth it
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's very strong, massive regens, but too niche. Who can effectively use it, afk tanks in pve?
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Cernunnos55
    Cernunnos55
    ✭✭✭
    Bad set
    Not impressed at all. If a person is in a situation that requires them to use that, they're going to die anyway. It's debilitating and wastes a set that could easily provide much more valuable and reliable benefits.

Example: Prisoner's Rags.

(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (5 items) Reduces the cost of Sprint by 50%. While Sprinting, restore 1000 Magicka every 1 second.

I could see many more builds running this. While I still wouldn't recommend it for the majority of things, the point is that it offers high stamina recovery, on demand magicka recovery, and those two resources can power your heals. Same as yours, just not a hindrance.
    Guild Master of The Pride of Daggerfall, D.C. loyalist and commander of the Cerglings.

R’hana – Khajiit – StamBlade – Crafter/PvP
    Iranduril – Altmer – MagSorc – PvE DPS
    Sayelo Tomylilfren – Argonian – Hybrid Dragonknight – PvE Tank
    A Brexit Policy – Redguard – StamSorc – PvP
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glad to see most of you regard it as a bad set
    Not impressed at all. If a person is in a situation that requires them to use that, they're going to die anyway. It's debilitating and wastes a set that could easily provide much more valuable and reliable benefits.

(5 items) Reduces the cost of Sprint by 50%. While Sprinting, restore 1000 Magicka every 1 second.

I could see many more builds running this. While I still wouldn't recommend it for the majority of things, the point is that it offers high stamina recovery, on demand magicka recovery, and those two resources can power your heals. Same as yours, just not a hindrance.

where's the health regen on prisoner's rags?
    I can see both NB specs running this amongst others who also run it, but prisoner's... stamSorc?
    PC | EU
  • Cernunnos55
    Cernunnos55
    ✭✭✭
    Bad set
    @SpiderCultist I never said it has health regen. I said it has excellent stamina and magicka recovery, both of which power heals, however instead of gimping you by slowing you down, it instead speeds you up by allowing you to sprint for half the cost. The health regen on Darloc is pretty much negligible in PvP anyway. You'd have to spend so long crouched to get any substantial use out of it that there is little point. Just stick Troll King on if that's what you want.

Furthermore, do you realise how much mobility a StamSorc Orc in Medium armour running Quick Cloak and Prisoner's has?

Anyway, I'm not necessarily saying Prisoner's is GOOD. I'm just saying it's better than the one you put forward.
    Guild Master of The Pride of Daggerfall, D.C. loyalist and commander of the Cerglings.

R’hana – Khajiit – StamBlade – Crafter/PvP
    Iranduril – Altmer – MagSorc – PvE DPS
    Sayelo Tomylilfren – Argonian – Hybrid Dragonknight – PvE Tank
    A Brexit Policy – Redguard – StamSorc – PvP
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bad set

Yeah, Prisoner's Rags + Coward's Gear + stamsorc = Cyrodiil scroll runner. There's definitely a use case for that one. It's really quite good on stamsorc in general.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I used it for the sacraments and heists. I feel like this is too invested in recoveries. I personally wouldn’t use it because it doesn’t appear useful in combat. It could probably be used to do your surveys to avoid aggro. For example, using the race against time (forgot the other morph), concealed weapon slotted, and swift jewelry to move fast. I’ve never tried it myself, but never found the need to.

You need to crouch/sneak in order to activate the set completely. I can’t see it viable in PvP because if you’ve already been spotted by your enemy, you’ll have to run and maintain some distance to fully re-enter crouch/sneak.

On top of that, it takes away a lot of your damage since there’s no Max Magicka/Stamina stat and no weapon damage/spell damage stat on the set. You’re better off using shacklebreaker in my opinion.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    What it does, it does well. Regen while sneaking. It would probably take way too much effort to work in combat situations but stealthy thieves or assassins in pve areas would probably get a lot of use out of it. Not every set has to be BIS for pvp or pve to be useful. This is a niche set for certain aspects of the game and performs well enough in that role to make it a welcome addition to the game.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bad set
    What kills Darloc Brae for me is that I'd sooner heavy attack or meditate. As a magblade, crouch is also redundant and vampire (Mist Form) is pretty optional. I'd rather spec for conventional mag sustain. I main a melee magblade, by the way.

Else set out to prove a point with that build, namely that you can wear only one damage set on a weak class and do serious damage with DOTs, while sitting around with Darloc Brae in crouch and at range. It's trolly and loosely comparable to Snipe. Decent enough build, but not something I would run.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Eh, fun to mess around with but I wouldn't get all serious with it.
  • CerbinTalYalas
    I personnally use it for a furtivity build, for Thieve Guild and Dark Brotherhood. I go for Darloc Brae, Night's Silence and Engine Guardian, so i can be basically permanently crouching. Plus, as a NB, I can go perma-dark cloak, with this insane Magicka regen. Maybe in PVP it could be useful in Niche situations, to sneak arround and scout
    EU Server
    - - - - -
    Kherbin, Khajiit, PVE Stamina Nightblade
    Ma'isha, Khajiit, PVE Necromancer Tank
    Alessiac Tal Yalas, Breton, PVE Warden Healer
    Elara Tal Yalas, Breton, PVP Magicka Dragonknight
    Marche-dans-la-tempête, PVE Sorcerer Tank
    Alric Sombremont, PVE Stamina Sorcerer
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bad set
    There are much better options.

If you manage to crouch and get out of combat, you will recover resources quickly even without that set. If you plan on sneak all your way, it could be interesting for the stam regen, but it can be done much better by stopping a couple secs and then moving (provide you have a high stam recovery).

Shadow Walker for example is a much better option for stamblades since it synergizes well with cloak/shade and it has much better stats
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it quite trolly for non-cp and BGs, have tested it on a stamNB since it came out and my survivability and sustain increased quite a lot but it's lackluster in terms of burst. The set I'm referring to is:

Vesture of Darloc Brae

(2 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (4 Items) Reduces the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak by 10%.
    (5 Items) While crouching, you restore 670 Magicka and Stamina and heal for 716 Health every second.

There are people using it on magNB as well, heck even on non-sneak classes like templars. What's your opinion about it?

No offense but it does seem obvious that it would not contribute to burst as it is clearly a sustain set. Many in PvP build a lot of sustain into their builds, including magicka builds want a little more stam sustain or at least max stam resource though this set does require crouching it would seem.

A set is good if it works for whatever you are doing. I do not think a poll is needed for this.
  • TheMikrobe
    TheMikrobe
    ✭✭
    For example, using the race against time (forgot the other morph), concealed weapon slotted, and swift jewelry to move fast.

I use Darloc Brae with exactly that set up on my magblade, and I zoom around at super speeds and never run out of magicka to cast race against time and shadowy disguise. There is a quest reward ring in the set with swift, so you can have two of them without using transmute stones.

I wear it in all pve stuff, mainly stealthing through delves and public dungeons to get to the skyshards and bosses, but it's amazing in heists and sacraments. I also use it if I need to get somewhere in pvp quickly, e.g. I can get to the centre of the sewers in a couple of minutes. I would also put it on if I wanted to hide inside a keep or something. Obviously I swap it out before I fight other players because it would be horrible for anything except running away.
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    Bad set
    I dont think, its pvp wise a good set. If you are crouching, you aren't fighting. The set doesnt give you anything else, just some regen. And the last bonus is also just regen, if you are not fighting. If you are a ganker, then probably you spend some time on crouching while fighting, but they need mostly only damage sets. So no. I dont think its comfortable and useful set. If you want regen on all cost, Willow Path. Its use effect really limited, rarely used.

For sustain set, i prefer Shacklebreaker and using enchantment on jewelry if i need. Cuz they giving all-time bonus, wich useful in every situation.
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Niche set.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheMikrobe wrote: »
    For example, using the race against time (forgot the other morph), concealed weapon slotted, and swift jewelry to move fast.

I use Darloc Brae with exactly that set up on my magblade, and I zoom around at super speeds and never run out of magicka to cast race against time and shadowy disguise. There is a quest reward ring in the set with swift, so you can have two of them without using transmute stones.

I wear it in all pve stuff, mainly stealthing through delves and public dungeons to get to the skyshards and bosses, but it's amazing in heists and sacraments. I also use it if I need to get somewhere in pvp quickly, e.g. I can get to the centre of the sewers in a couple of minutes. I would also put it on if I wanted to hide inside a keep or something. Obviously I swap it out before I fight other players because it would be horrible for anything except running away.

Didn't know about that marked on bold, which quest is that?

PC | EU
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good set
    Is this not a set for heists and the like? Seems to fit well there. Also, for that solo PvE player trying to grab those PvP skyshards without getting spotted.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • TheMikrobe
    TheMikrobe
    ✭✭
    TheMikrobe wrote: »

Didn't know about that marked on bold, which quest is that?

I actually dont know because I haven't started the Elsweyr storyline yet. I bought the rings from guild traders. It is called hidden moon band.
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Good set
    I'm so happy cause ZO$ made some set for T-baging ppl