The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[Feature Request] Touch Bar Support

demerdecanswrath
demerdecanswrath
✭✭✭
We have far greater concerns, but I just wanted to put that out there:

Touch Bar support would be killer. Having the ability bar / shortcuts / misc stats would be super nice. Just some food for thought!
Characters:
  • Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
  • Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
  • Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)

Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh i do not really see much point in putting there ability bar but top menu (skills, champion points and so on) is something it could be used for.
  • Carmina
    Carmina
    ✭✭✭
    I like it. I just see two things with it. First, ZOS does not even get a 64 bit Launcher to run. Second, who is using a measly 15" laptop screen for playing?

C.
  • demerdecanswrath
    demerdecanswrath
    ✭✭✭
    Carmina wrote: »
    ZOS does not even get a 64 bit Launcher to run.

You're right, there are plenty of multipage posts wailing rightfully about this. This is tagged as a feature request.
    who is using a measly 15" laptop screen for playing?

Maybe people whose gaming habits are more subtle and utilitarian in nature?

Whatever the case, it's not a hassle to code for it and just having the menu (Inventory, Character, Skills etc..) or in crafting/dialogue having the player options pop up would be handy/nice! Plus, I don't think the touch bar is going away anytime soon, rather, I think it'll be implemented into further Apple hardware.
    Characters:
    • Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
    • Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
    • Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)

Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.
  • Carmina
    Carmina
    ✭✭✭
    That is an interesting discussion.... especially the "the Touch Bar will not go away anytime soon" thing. There is one thing missing to make this stick, and that is an Apple keyboard with an integrated Touchbar... for the desktop systems. So, I am still not convinced this will not just go away again with the next major redesign (which explicitly excludes the 16" MBP, because that is not a redesign....).

I would love to see ZOS doing something for the Mac, right now I have lost all hope and actually fully expect something like "we will stop to support the Mac" on Tuesday.

C.
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    That is an interesting discussion.... especially the "the Touch Bar will not go away anytime soon" thing. There is one thing missing to make this stick, and that is an Apple keyboard with an integrated Touchbar... for the desktop systems. So, I am still not convinced this will not just go away again with the next major redesign (which explicitly excludes the 16" MBP, because that is not a redesign....).

I would love to see ZOS doing something for the Mac, right now I have lost all hope and actually fully expect something like "we will stop to support the Mac" on Tuesday.

C.
    Well we may see it soon actually. Apple recently filed some patents describing such keyboard for desktops.
  • morwynne
    morwynne
    ✭✭
    Oh my God YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Touch Bar support would be awesome!

Happily playing for 5 years on both a Late 2013 27" iMac and a Late 2016 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar.
    Happily playing for 5 years on both a Late 2013 27" iMac and a 16" 2019 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar.