Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Type Error - Cannot read property "manifest" of null - Patcher redownloading issue?

Troneon
Troneon
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
GG ZOS.

Got this pop up and now patcher is redownloading another 10GB....when it should not need to...

GG

PUwsKMu.jpg
Edited by Troneon on May 21, 2018 6:11PM
PC EU AD
Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Alusar48
    Alusar48
    Soul Shriven
    Same...
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Game crashed as soon as tried to load character. Got past the login finally though lol.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Alusar48
    Alusar48
    Soul Shriven
    lucky, cuz i (still) can't update my client
    Optimization (c)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Troneon

Have you been able to load your character yet? If not, you may need to disable add-ons as some could be outdated with the Summerset update.

@Alusar48

If your having issues with the launcher still, we recommend going through the steps outlined here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    this was the second error message I got (first one from the launcher itself taht there was a problem and I should restart the launcher which I did, then it seemed to go fine and downloaded and installed for a while.. then this). Its before being able to get into the game at all..
    if the game wont start after it downloaded everything again now, I will try the launcher steps and disabeling addons (I dont get what addons would have to do with launcherproblems but whatever).
    PC-EU @lientier
  • bedr0m
    bedr0m
    I am having the same issue. Did anyone find a fix? I tried removing old addons. For some reason the desktop shortcut won't let me run as administrator, so i can't repair the launcher. There also is no launcher folder in Zenimax folder.
  • steven.flemingub17_ESO
    I just got this error trying to downloading this game after coming back to it. So damn annoying to have to redownload the entire set of files after getting to the very end and seeing this message.You guys need to fix this crappy installer.
  • landandsea
    landandsea
    Soul Shriven
    I have been gone from the game for a little over a month and decide to get back into it. I ended up getting this error near the end of the download. It restarted from the beginning when it happened.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Downloading a new patch manifest file may help resolve this error if the troubleshooting already posted has not helped. To do so please follow the instructions listed below.
    1. Close the ESO Launcher.
    2. Download this file using your web browser.
    3. Move the file to the ProgramData folder of the launcher directory. By default, this folder will be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ProgramData.
    4. Re-open the ESO Launcher and try again.

Staff Post
  • landandsea
    landandsea
    Soul Shriven
    It downloaded fulling after it restarted. Just that first time it was like "lol nope".
  • NeriaMorvayn
    NeriaMorvayn
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Downloading a new patch manifest file may help resolve this error if the troubleshooting already posted has not helped. To do so please follow the instructions listed below.
    1. Close the ESO Launcher.
    2. Download this file using your web browser.
    3. Move the file to the ProgramData folder of the launcher directory. By default, this folder will be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ProgramData.
    4. Re-open the ESO Launcher and try again.

Thank you so much for this!
    I just moved countries and had to reinstall ESO on my local machine. Got the same error message while installing for the first time. Downloaded the .patchmanifest. Now everything is working like a charm and I'm back in Tamriel! Woohoo!! <3
    New ID: PixelPsychologist. Can't get to change it in the forums.
    My merry band of misfits:

EU:

Telacar Aurelas ♢ Altmer Sorcerer/Warrior ᐁ⚔
    Galas Hlaalu ♢ Dunmer Nightblade Assassin ⚔
    Ja'qen H'karr ♢ Khajiit Templar Thief ⚔
    Solmaril Camoran ♢ Ayleid-Altmer Necromancer ᐁ⚔
    Aras Morvayn ♢ Dunmer Sorcerer ✺
    Astidis Artellian ♢ Breton Dragonknight ᐁ
    Iva Axia ♢ Imperial Necromancer ⚔
    Deryah at-Ravan ♢ Redguard Warden Pirate ⚔
    Ingvar Ice-Wolf ♢ Nord Dragonknight ᐁ

NA:
    Fenrir Stormcaller ♢ Nord Dragonknight ᐁ
    Rana Hlaalu ♢ Dunmer Sorceress ✺
    Aryaanye Direnni ♢ Altmer Hulkynd Nightblade Assassin ⚔
    Ancarion Camoran ♢ Ayleid-Altmer Necromancer ᐁ⚔
    Skaði Frost-Fire ♢ Nord Dragonknight Witch ⚔
    Elanas Nightshade ♢ Bosmer Werewolf Nightblade ⚔
    Ri'zargo H'karr ♢ Khajiit Templar ᐁ
    Shabani H'karr ♢ Khajiit Warden Thief ⚔
    Yara Galerion ♢ High Elf Templar ✺
  • Snuttle
    Snuttle
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue now
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Snuttle

Have you gone through every troubleshooting step listed above in the thread?
    Staff Post
  • Azmodan
    Azmodan
    ✭✭
    I have this error for 2 weeks now. Every update I have to close and reopen launcher cos it have this error and there is no play button appear after update. The repair found no errors though and the game runs without any problems.
    There is only this annoying "null manifest" error.
    Edited by Azmodan on September 18, 2019 9:47AM