Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you do with extra drops after maxing cloth/BS/Woodworking?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
What do you do with your drops after you max the main production skills that benefit from deconstruction?

Do you sell everything or decon it on a maxed character to get the mats out of things?

I would resell or even donate the inspired items, but that would take up too many sales slots for very little gain, at least on my NA guilds where I don't have any guild bank access. I am almost done deconstruction on my characters on NA and I am not sure what to do with all the stuff now.
PC
PS4/PS5
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a Craft Bag?

If so, keep deconstructing everything. The mats are much more valuable than selling items to merchants. Especially purple mats. And if you ever make Alts, you will want to be able to craft sets to level them up. Or use the mats to upgrade equipment you will use in the future.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I vendor the white and green and decon the blue and purple for mats. I give the intricates to anyone in my guild that wants them.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to have a way to donate them to someone in bulk, but it can be troublesome. In theory, I could toss them in a guild bank and have someone withdraw them later to decon, but "waiting on previous request" for up to a minute at a time between deposits shuts that down. I'm not throwing time away just to bank things. I can just mail them to players and have done that upon request in the past but even that can only be done 6 items at a time.

Due to that, I usually just vendor white, green and blue gear. I decon purple and intricate even though I don't need the inspiration. I suppose I could get a guild store just for selling intricate gear but it doesn't move fast enough, even at a reasonable price. I'd be overloaded again before the first batch sells many times.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do wish we could package these together, like making a package of 10-50 intricate items. That would make selling them at a decent price more worthwhile. It would also make giving them to another easier. 6 at a time is really slow. And you are right about the delays with the guild bank interface.

I will just start deconstructing everything then. My main character is maxed on all crafting stuff, so can get the max stuff out of it. I do have ESO+ and the crafting bag. I can't see playing without that.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decon everything until crafting is maxed.

After, I vendor Whites Greens and sometimes Blues, Decon Purples.
    I have also taken to researching certain traits on certain items simply so I can Transmute without character swapping. This is limited to 3 or 4 traits per item as I am not crafting on these Alts.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you do with your drops after you max the main production skills that benefit from deconstruction?
    Do you sell everything or decon it on a maxed character to get the mats out of things?
    I would resell or even donate the inspired items, but that would take up too many sales slots for very little gain, at least on my NA guilds where I don't have any guild bank access. I am almost done deconstruction on my characters on NA and I am not sure what to do with all the stuff now.

I sell everything since i'm already swimming in mats from refining, i haven't deconstructed anything in years (literally) except purple jewelry ...
    bye1.gif

Edited by SirAndy on September 6, 2019 5:54PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am slowly researching everything as well. That takes a while and soaks up a lot of bank space, but will eventually be over, a year or more from now most likely. :)
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

I sell everything since i'm already swimming in mats from refining, i haven't deconstructed anything in years (literally) except purple jewelry ...
    bye1.gif

Can you ever have too many mats?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell ornates to vendor.

Decon intricates for the material return.

Jewelry intricates and ornates are going to the alt account as a few are still leveling jewelry crafting.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decon all the things!
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Just the daily writ rewards? All auto-junked/sold, never even see it.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Sell ornates to vendor.

Jewelry intricates and ornates are going to the alt account as a few are still leveling jewelry crafting.

Good point about JC. I only have 2 out of 9 at max JC. That will take much longer to level on all the alts.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell ornates to vendor.

Good point about JC. I only have 2 out of 9 at max JC. That will take much longer to level on all the alts.

As a piece of advice on deconning things for JC.

I level 2 characters up at a time. Wait until your character is at level 35 in JC or above before you decon the intricates you get, since below this level you are losing much of the "bonus" you get for deconning intricate gear.

I have one character that is low level in JC that decons the ornate jewelry I receive from the writs. The 2nd character that is higher level in JC (above 35) decons the intricate jewelry I receive from the writs. Just about the time the 1st character gets to 35 is when the 2nd character hits 50 and I then start leveling the 3rd character and continue on.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sell ornates to vendor.

I level 2 characters up at a time. Wait until your character is at level 35 in JC or above before you decon the intricates you get, since below this level you are losing much of the "bonus" you get for deconning intricate gear.

I have one character that is low level in JC that decons the ornate jewelry I receive from the writs. The 2nd character that is higher level in JC (above 35) decons the intricate jewelry I receive from the writs. Just about the time the 1st character gets to 35 is when the 2nd character hits 50 and I then start leveling the 3rd character and continue on.

I didn't realize it was different. I have stopped selling the ornate stuff, since any little bit helps and I am not that tight on gold now. I will have to try to focus on 2 characters then instead of just hitting whoever.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell ornates to vendor.

I didn't realize it was different. I have stopped selling the ornate stuff, since any little bit helps and I am not that tight on gold now. I will have to try to focus on 2 characters then instead of just hitting whoever.

Yeah, when you read the tooltip on the intricates it says you can receive UP TO a 300% bonus, they don't tell you how it works but you don't get the full 300% bonus until you're around level 42 or above in the craft. At levels below around 25 the inspiration gain from deconning an ornate platinum ring and an intricate platinum ring are the same, and then the difference slowly grows from there. I've found that level 35 is my personal "break" point to make it worthwhile to decon the intricates without feeling like I'm wasting their inspiration gain.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sell ornates to vendor.

Yeah, when you read the tooltip on the intricates it says you can receive UP TO a 300% bonus, they don't tell you how it works but you don't get the full 300% bonus until you're around level 42 or above in the craft. At levels below around 25 the inspiration gain from deconning an ornate platinum ring and an intricate platinum ring are the same, and then the difference slowly grows from there. I've found that level 35 is my personal "break" point to make it worthwhile to decon the intricates without feeling like I'm wasting their inspiration gain.

This is a good point. I didn't realize this until my spouse told me that he would get the same inspiration from an ornate ring vs an intricate one. But that's really only true for platinum and perhaps electrum/silver, as I'm pretty certain that if they were to decon a ring at their level then they would get the full inspiration, correct?

I'm not really that bothered about losing out on some inspiration, so I'm just doing one character at a time, and they decon every ring/necklace I get that I don't want to keep, all at varying levels (though most at CP 150/160). Since I do JC writs on all my characters (I only have 11), I get plenty to decon from there. Of course, if I wanted to get all my characters to level 50 in JC as fast as possible, I'd be a little more strategic, and your plan is a good one and I may consider it to level up the remaining 4 that I have left.
  • red_bird
    red_bird
    ✭✭
    When I have white cp160 glyphs, I mention they're free in guild chat, and someone always wants them for leveling. Other things I decon or vendor.
    pve on ps4
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Sell ornates to vendor.

This is a good point. I didn't realize this until my spouse told me that he would get the same inspiration from an ornate ring vs an intricate one. But that's really only true for platinum and perhaps electrum/silver, as I'm pretty certain that if they were to decon a ring at their level then they would get the full inspiration, correct?

I'm not really that bothered about losing out on some inspiration, so I'm just doing one character at a time, and they decon every ring/necklace I get that I don't want to keep, all at varying levels (though most at CP 150/160). Since I do JC writs on all my characters (I only have 11), I get plenty to decon from there. Of course, if I wanted to get all my characters to level 50 in JC as fast as possible, I'd be a little more strategic, and your plan is a good one and I may consider it to level up the remaining 4 that I have left.

I would assume (I have not tested) that the "maximum" inspiration would come somewhere in the range where that type of ring/neck would be relevant. So, pewter in the 1-10 range, etc... Which I believe is the same thing that you're saying. It's pretty easy at this point to just level the 2 at a time since I have a few to level up, since I know it's more efficient. If I were only leveling one or two up, I wouldn't bother with it.
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can only dream of the day I have:

A. Maxed crafters
    And
    B. Extra mats. I'm fairly new and every flower and leather scrap is precious lol.
    Edited by Eirinin on September 12, 2019 2:50AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I deconstruct everything that has the "wrong" traits. Good traits are sold or donated to guild mates/friends.
    Edited by redlink1979 on September 12, 2019 1:10PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell ornates to vendor.

Although, proportionally, in the sense of moving the bar on each level, it is about the same. Sure, you get more raw numbers at higher levels, but it also takes more inspiration to move the bar. Sure, deconning a top tier intricate on a crafter at L5 in the skill is a waste, I dont personally worry about it once the crafter reaches say L18 to L20. And, of course any low level intricates I get from writs get chewed up on whoever gets them
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you’re into housing furnishings and/or daily crating writs and master writs, you decon everything.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    RE: JC decon

I don't know if it will work out any better but I recently decided to swap from spreading decon around to only doing on one of my Alts.

The Alts have all been doing L1 JC writs, but they will always receive either a L1 item or a CP160 Item and random Int/Ornate.

I am now giving it all to the 1st Alt to decon in the hope that they will get quicker to max tier JC writs and I will have 2 guaranteed always CP160 JC items as well as more chances at JC writs and surveys.

Then I'll push it all to the next alt for JC.

They are already maxed in all others.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    RE: JC decon

I don't know if it will work out any better but I recently decided to swap from spreading decon around to only doing on one of my Alts.

The Alts have all been doing L1 JC writs, but they will always receive either a L1 item or a CP160 Item and random Int/Ornate.

I am now giving it all to the 1st Alt to decon in the hope that they will get quicker to max tier JC writs and I will have 2 guaranteed always CP160 JC items as well as more chances at JC writs and surveys.

Then I'll push it all to the next alt for JC.

They are already maxed in all others.

I am not sure which approach is better. Possibly one at a time, but everyone has to get pushed up at some point and spreading it may not really make the end goal (everyone maxed) slower.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sell most to NPC, with some exceptions:

1) If they are from a good set and have a good trait I upgrade to blue or even purple and sell on guild stores; if it's a weapon and it's from a really sought after set, I will put for sale even if it's in a bad trait, but at a significant discount, compared to something that has the ideal traits. The MM/TTC should be at least ~1K to do that.

2) If it's purple or it's in a style for which the material is hard to get, I will deconstruct, unless it's #1. Green and blue upgrade materials are pretty cheap, so the ~60% chance of getting them back by deconstructing (with all passives) doesn't make it worth while, compared to outright selling them to NPC. Jewelry is the exception, since even green or blue materials are still expensive, so I deconstruct everything except white, unless #1 - some desirable sets will even sell as blue jewelry at ~1K or more (ex. Spriggan, Spinner, Necropotence, Briarheart robust etc.)

3) Intricate - jewelry sells fast on guild stores, the price on EU-PC is ~700 gold, others do sell as well, but the price is only ~150 gold, so I don't bother listing them. Since refined materials are cheap as well, I sell them to NPC. I do get a lot of those from the daily writs.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always deconstruct all green or higher jewelry. Across the board I will vendor all normal whites and depending upon the market put intricate in the guild store or sell to a vendor. For crafts other than jewelry again depending upon the market I will either deconstruct or put up in the guild store. Depending upon the item level and trait you can frequently get more for it in the guild store as parts rather than the whole. If I get too many materials I will either sell in the guild store or vendor the items.