Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil - All vs All

maddiniiLuna
maddiniiLuna
✭✭✭✭
All vs All
That's the Idea of Cyrodiil. Unfortunately not the reality. I know you'll be thinking "oh god it's one of those posts again" and yes it is. Why? Because it's extremely frustrating, when 2 Factions team up against one faction. And i don't mean this as in they both attacked our castles, no. They were running trough each other, completely ignoring their enemies for the only purpose of beating the Dominion.

I've captured a Video, where you can see EP on one side of the stairs, DC on the other side. They never touched each other, even walked trough the opposing group - At one point you can see a red dude resurrecting his team mate, while a whole group of blues just happily walks along. This is a serious case of all vs one. Most of the Names in the Video will be blurred out due to privacy reasons.

https://youtu.be/h5TtXrOQVUw

And it doesn't stop there. They have absolutely no problem with using every chance they can to harass the dominion.
Upzmz7o.jpg

I just don't understand how on earth is this fair or allowed. Why is it tolerated from Zenimax? Being outnumbered to a point where an entire Faction with 100's of players is loosing their fun can't be what you want or? In my opinion all of those guys in the Video should get banned from Zenimax, but nobody seems to really care and i'm hoping that one of staff could come and shed some light on why this is allowed...
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First off it's just a bridge farm, secondly you can't force people to fight each other just like you cant force the other ad to stop hiding and help you fight(should they be banned too?)and thirdly and more importantly it's just a game, suggesting people get banned for this is crazy.

As far as the guild name goes, I'm surprised it made it through their filter system, but most people let name calling roll off their back. It is an adult rated game after all.

Edit: I remember when I first started pvp and went into Imperial City when everyone dueled in there. I was rambling on and on how everyone were spies not realizing what was going on. Everyone plays the game differently like Vapirko says below, once you realize that the game becomes much more enjoyable.
    Edited by Sanctum74 on September 4, 2019 1:34AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one cares because it’s not cheating. How players decide to play the map is up to them. They could be friends on different factions or who knows. Point is just go do something else, and if your entire faction can’t handle a few people at Alessia bridge (also a notorious farming spot so steer clear if you don’t like it) then that’s kind of a separate issue. Cyrodiil PvP has never been a balanced, competitive area. As soon as you take this to heart the sooner you’ll be able to relax and have fun. Dying in ESO PvP has no consequences other than a bit more horse riding.
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    Well to be honest, after watching the video, what I saw was EP & DC fighting on the bridge and AD turning up and well, trying to get a win by default.

So, yeah of course they are suddenly going to stop, fighting one another and turn on you. This happens in all campaigns and to all factions.

I was in a DC group, that went to Fare, where AD & EP were fighting over the keep. And that exact situation happened to us. AD & EP stopped fighting each other, teamed up to kill us and then went back to fighting one another.

You can't blame, them for wanting to kill the interlopers, who were "interfering" in a fight, that we and/or you, were inserting yourself into. It may sound weird, given its pvp, but some players have these unwritten rules, they like to follow.

It appears, you may have encountered one of those.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All vs All That's the Idea of Cyrodiil. Unfortunately not the reality

It was never the idea. It has always been intended to be a 3 faction war.
    Because it's extremely frustrating, when 2 Factions team up against one faction. And i don't mean this as in they both attacked our castles, no. They were running trough each other, completely ignoring their enemies for the only purpose of beating the Dominion.

Odd how in real wars groups can ally with each other. Pretty sure this was expected to occur at times when Zos was building Cyrodiil.

It has been happing since the first year of the game. Guilds have teamed up to run the map, crown empower or whatever. We just saw less of this when we were not faction locked. Now that locks are back so are guilds teaming up across alliances. Nothing you can do to stop it so just deal or move on.
  • Burtan
    Burtan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am one of the DC in that clip and the reason why we didnt attack those EP players is that i recognise them as solo/smallscale players and prefer to target zerg players instead of fellow solo/smallscalers because i enjoy outnumbered fights rather than tryhard 1v1 or group vs group fights. It has nothing to do with factions.
  • bakermir
    bakermir
    ✭✭✭
    All vs All
    That's the Idea of Cyrodiil. Unfortunately not the reality. I know you'll be thinking "oh god it's one of those posts again" and yes it is. Why? Because it's extremely frustrating, when 2 Factions team up against one faction. And i don't mean this as in they both attacked our castles, no. They were running trough each other, completely ignoring their enemies for the only purpose of beating the Dominion.

I've captured a Video, where you can see EP on one side of the stairs, DC on the other side. They never touched each other, even walked trough the opposing group - At one point you can see a red dude resurrecting his team mate, while a whole group of blues just happily walks along. This is a serious case of all vs one. Most of the Names in the Video will be blurred out due to privacy reasons.

https://youtu.be/h5TtXrOQVUw

And it doesn't stop there. They have absolutely no problem with using every chance they can to harass the dominion.
    Upzmz7o.jpg

I just don't understand how on earth is this fair or allowed. Why is it tolerated from Zenimax? Being outnumbered to a point where an entire Faction with 100's of players is loosing their fun can't be what you want or? In my opinion all of those guys in the Video should get banned from Zenimax, but nobody seems to really care and i'm hoping that one of staff could come and shed some light on why this is allowed...

uSiNg eVeRy cHaNcE tHey cAn To haRaSs tHe DoMiNioN.
    EU PC SOTHA SIL/BAHLOKDAAN
    • DC * imperial stamdk/emperor magdk * twitch-bakermir
    • DC * breton magsorc * twitch bakermir
    • DC * orcerer * Tyro Tyro Tyro Tyro
    • DC * altmer bomblade * Brings-you-democracy

<REMOVE FACTION LOCK>
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody broke the first rule of Cyrodiil Club. Not cool.
  • IamDestiny
    IamDestiny
    ✭✭✭
    Issue #1:
    This is just a case of smallscalers vs zerg :).
    Nothing to see here move on.

Issue #2:
    Its not like AD does not deserve this.
    When you morning cap for almost 2-3 months in a row and show no restraint when you have a 20k point lead already.
    AD literally has only a handful of capable players at the moment. (excluding slack squad)
    The rest of you can only zerg. Whenever i meet one of you people alone you either try to run to your zerg or try to hide.
    Pretty much ends up with said AD dying in a few seconds.

Lots of you just run abilities and setups that only work when you zerg and are even sub par for that.

Like where are your damage skills for example in that video. Just sitting there with block in a zerg wont make you a better pvp player.

There is even a player on the forums that labels himself a "solo" player but mostly sits behind zergs spamming frags, curses and soul assault and when he feels in trouble he just streaks away (Too bad doors dont work in IC when your in combat.. made me laugh and its not streakwood).
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somebody broke the first rule of Cyrodiil Club. Not cool.

Yeah, people still don't realize the scoring and who wins is decided by a few groups of players that tilt the score yet that agree on the victor before the campaign even begins. Before they used to move around, but with the lock, its simply decided before the campaign starts and then "no interference" by the groups in said secret alliance to play with score until the results start showing. PvP will die if the underdogs don't win every once in a while after all!
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyro changes so much...to pinpoint and say one faction is helping another specific faction, is very time-specific and is not the rule. At any given time, one faction will help another.

But one thing I have noticed. No matter WHAT faction you belong to...if you're the largest group running, you WILL be focused by two factions if your reign continues. It's a natural thing, and I would be prepared for it.
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are players on ALL factions who like to play in the conflict lanes of the other 2 factions. Alessia Bridge, Ash and Chalman gates etc.

There are also lots of players who run to them for some reason. :)
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get it. Some of the comments make sense, like the one from Johnjetau. Other comments like one on YouTube was calling me a noob for not buying the expensive tri stat buff food - okay i probably are a proper noob at PvP i'll admit, but trying to tell me to spend more money to be competitive is wrong.

Having fun should not be based on having money to spend. For the most part i was enjoying to just heal my team and i was standing there blocking because i paid attention to who was behind me. So they could do damage without interference, while i was healing trough everything and it worked for a while, until both factions decided to charge together.

You miss understand, that this Video was not "an exception" or simply a bridge fight that happened to be like this. This is how the entire morning went on up to the point, where the reds had opened a castle and then stood outside to let the blues run in and THIS is 100% win trading and a bannable offence. Unfortunately couldn't make a video of that part. The picture of that Guild that ran Alessia clearly shows the joys for the dominion, yet nobody commented on that.