Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Have a question for those who complete Vet trials

Cameron991
Cameron991
✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone I am a pvp player at college 540, I really want to get into bet trials mainly bc I want the skins but also bc they look fun. So I need help from those who beat trials no problem. What is the best class in trials for dps? And if you have a video or link that explains the build that would be well appreciated thank you all
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best class usually fluctuates every now and then. Do you prefer mag or stam? For mag, right now, it's mag sorc or magplar. For stam, it's necro, nightblade, or warden. Alcasthq is a good beginner site for people who want to learn about builds and trial setups.
  • asnd
    asnd
    ✭✭
    There is no best class for trials. If you have a dedicated trials group, the raid lead might want a certain setup so that more buffs are present or to do a certain strategy.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join a guild that does trial runs ...

If they are somewhat serious about what they do, the team needs will dictate what class/build/setup you need to run.
    shades.gif

• wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cameron991 wrote: »
    Hello everyone I am a pvp player at college 540, I really want to get into bet trials mainly bc I want the skins but also bc they look fun. So I need help from those who beat trials no problem. What is the best class in trials for dps? And if you have a video or link that explains the build that would be well appreciated thank you all

Vet trials guilds will want or expect you to do parses on dummies to see how high your dps is. If they are a good guild they will help you improve in various areas vital to vet progression.Download combat metrics addon from minion or esoui. I suggest you start by learning mechanics on normal trials...you can pug any normal trial in craglorn. Dont expect to jump in to vet trials withought first knowing mechanics it's counter productive.

I joined a vet guild that made me jump in and it didnt work for me just put me off. I hate carries. Now im building my sets doing pugs in normal trials and learning mechanics and evolving as a player. My raid awareness has improved dramatically. Once im geared ill be ready for vet content. Maybe you like to jump in in the deep end that's fine but yea a vet guild that is helpful will encourage you to learn and be prepared. Good luck!!!
    Edited by wishlist14 on July 4, 2019 6:41AM
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    Cameron991 wrote: »

Vet trials guilds will want or expect you to do parses on dummies to see how high your dps is. If they are a good guild they will help you improve in various areas vital to vet progression.Download combat metrics addon from minion or esoui. I suggest you start by learning mechanics on normal trials...you can pug any normal trial in craglorn. Dont expect to jump in to vet trials withought first knowing mechanics it's counter productive.

I joined a vet guild that made me jump in and it didnt work for me just put me off. I hate carries. Now im building my sets doing pugs in normal trials and learning mechanics and evolving as a player. My raid awareness has improved dramatically. Once im geared ill be ready for vet content. Maybe you like to jump in in the deep end that's fine but yea a vet guild that is helpful will encourage you to learn and be prepared. Good luck!!!

You will learn nothing in normal trials...
    Craglorns are stack and burn just ignore all mechanics...
    Mol is done with 1 tank prayer phase is often times flat out skipped due to dps before it occurs, rakkhat no one runs it's a 3 pad burn most of the time...
    CR is done with 1 tank no one handles portals on anything but last boss...
    Sunspire is done with 1 tank even if you fail at kiting atros they can be burned down without issue there are minimal mechanics you have to follow.
    AS well you may learn basics in there but even if you kite lighting into people it's easy to recover.

For the op I would recommend finding a guild that does training vet runs and start with craglorns vets this will teach you basic raid awareness and then you simply progress from there.

Normal will not prepare you for vet in any way...
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    As many above have said, it's more important to know whatever class/role you've chosen than to pick the "best" or "meta' or alcast approved build. It's true that serious leaderboard runs are more selective, but I'd take an argonian stamplar who knows what they're doing over a high elf mag sorc who wipes to a gust of wind. For a dps, results are more important then build--aim for no less than 30k for the craglorn vet trials, no matter what you're playing.

So basically, learn the role/class you're playing and use that.

WIth that said, here are some personal opinions on dps classes that seem strong now for end game pve:

mag: Sorcerer, templar, DK*
    stam: necro, nightblade

*I may be in the minority, but I get good results on magdk.
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    OT=
    msalvia wrote: »

*I may be in the minority, but I get good results on magdk.

I beg of you TEACH ME xD can't get beyond 38k with purple gear on my mdk (not main) on a skeleton parse

IT=
    What is the best class in trials for dps?

To DD any can do, some better than others; for some trials avoid the Scamp/Sorc build (scamp pets stuns preventing other stuns-CC from happening when actually needed).

Apart this trials are heavy on mechanichs and require mainly this:

Follow mechs or die (this is the best option)
    Follow mechs or you'll kill others (they'll get mad)
    Follow mechs or the team will wipe (they'll get even more mad).

Know yourself (class)
    Know your foe (bosses)
    Know the environment (arenas you are fighting in and specific mechanichs)

Are the most important thing even in a vet DLC trial.

Top DPS/classes are needed only for score-runs or if you want/need to burn trough the mechanichs
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depend your guild.
    Most guild don't care about your class if you do your job.
    I've heal trial with Sorc, NB and even DK, all fine.

If your guild is about score pushing, it's a different story, you'll need every DPS class since BiS change between patch and also can depend on some trial.
    Atm stamcro seem to be the most broken for major vulnerability.
    But I'm pretty sure in 1-2month it's gonna be nerf like warden was, that why it always change the BiS.

My advice : pick the one you love and practice to be good.
    Learn strat + pattern, follow lead order + try to pull 55-60k self-buffed on dummy and you're ready for vet trial.
    Also don't forget to level up every skill than can be needed in some trial (like "efficient purge" for vHoF for example).

Personal advice : remove useless add-on like dps meter, remove number from dps/heal.
    It's just useless information who can hide a pattern at critical moment by holding your attention (even if you think not)
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I beg of you TEACH ME xD can't get beyond 38k with purple gear on my mdk (not main) on a skeleton parse.

I'm not much over that, and I really don't dummy-hump, since there are so many ways to game the results with a healer friend around and/or using gear, skillsets, food, etc. that would never, ever work in real combat. Plus, I firmly believe a raid parse is the only relevant way to assess a dps. We all have seen the person with the 80k dummy parse who does 20k in real combat and/or dies to a gust of wind. My definition of "competitive" is 45k+ with the ability to actually perform in a real trial. My magdk hovers around 47k single target in vet trials.
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're in it for the vMol, vSS and HoF skins then play whatever you want in terms of class. If you're interested in all the skins chances are u'll need to play with min max groups. Currently magplar and stamcro are best in slot for magicka and stamina respectively. This wont change any time soon. "Sorry to the people who say meta classes change every patch." Stamcro is by far the best choice even if you don't plan on doing the mini trials.
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the best class changes frequently. currently it's stamcro, but changes constantly and quite frankly odds are that whatever class you were using in PVP could be quickly respecced into PvE and do just fine. all classes have the potential ability to hit anywhere from 90-100k dps, and the highest "required" dps is in vSS hm at iirc 48k dps from 3 dps. So, long story short, you can do fine on anything, it's more of a question of what utility you bring to the team [debuffer, class passive bringer ie. minor toughness, etc]. Play what you want and you'll be able to complete anything. Want respect/fast invites then stamcro, but it could very well be obsolete next patch.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamcro magcro, that colossus gives the entire group major vulnerability.

Having 7 to 10 fps rotating their colossus is tremendous and probably will give out the most dps
  • SvariBK
    SvariBK
    ✭✭
    I think for just clearing the vet trial without the goal of a high score you can play what you want, all classes can do enough dps to clear all content. If you want the very best class I guess it would be Stam necromancer, they pull highest dps and have an insane strong ultimate.

But for clearing vMoL or Hof for the skin you can play what you want.

Mag Dk is pretty strong this patch too. And magplar has a very easy rotation to learn so maybe you wanna look into that too.

Look up likos videos for the proper rotations and alcast website for beginner set ups, they are usually a bit further down labeled like "build 3 beginner".

Get a guild that can explain you things f2f and have patience with beginners in vet trials. If you are on pc EU I could recommend Late night dungeoneers or serenity. They have trial runs every day for mostly beginners but also a rank up system if you wanna get into more difficult trials like vcr+x vas+x vSS or the other hardmodes.
    BK-22 PC EU Player
    Tank & DD