The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Frustrations about this patch

NinchiTV
NinchiTV
✭✭✭✭✭
I gotta vent. Mag necro is DOG *** solo. At least last patch I could slot bitter harvest for ulti gen which a necro basically needs kill something because the skel mage and blastbones are so so underwhelming even when you pump max mag you'll still hit a wall with 6k mage and 15k blastbones - when a magNB hits 15k spec bow and 15k soul harvest - and they do that so effortlessly with just light attack and because the low cost on soul harvest they hit that <30 secs a fight. That combo blows the *** out of sorc curse and frags and necro skull/blastbones.

So mag necro doesnt have mobility which is a death sentence pretty much. You could use mist form but you just end up burning your mag, and you'll have to be a stage 4 vamp which means fire dmg (any magdk) dawnbreakers (a lot of stam) and skoria (which im see a lot more of) do 25% more dmg. So your next option is RaT a 2.6k ability that gives 2 secs of freedom...thats 5.2k mag if you use it twice...thats horrible.

No mobility means you need to stand your ground and face tank, as a solo player you'll just be stuck on defense with the pressure presented by the meta. So lets say you want accept the fact you dont have mobility and you need to stand your ground you'll use bone totem for minor protec which is nice and you'll have a fear (which BTW they can stand outside the totem and just jab you or range you) your limited to staying in that little circle of protection of 6m...so here comes the big bad magplar who stands 7m away and puts his rune and purge (12m BTW) which shallows "your" ground and have the resistances of a tank and minor mending ON TOP of the pressure. How the *** is a mag necro even going to compete. Oh use hexproof you say? the purge that cost 1.8k HP ON TOP of the pressure your already taking? Its dumb. Use renewing undeath? you have to have a corpse to purge and you have to take your aim off the target to look for a corpse on the ground...

Ok so you cant move, you cant tank, can you out heal the damage? No. Even if you used intense mender, braided tether and resist flesh the moment you get CCd it wont be enough to keep you up. That healing isnt enough to out heal the DoT. Mag necro burst is *** compared to magnb, its mobility is worse than a templar the only thing it really has going for it is ult dumping in a group and healing. And you dont do that solo. So im at the conclusion the mag necro is the least friendly solo class in the game and against good players you wont come out victories against other classes.

Mag necro rant is done :) time for templar/nb and cast time on ults. I'll go light on templar because the forums are full of threads of them and i think most agree they are FotM and just the best to play right now for obvious reasons. Whatever, every class gets it spot light. NB more specifically magNB ya I SEE YOU MOFOS with 30k hp 25k resistances hitting 15k soul harvest and 15k spec bow which is guarantee to hit with your fear. I dont see people talk about them because you dont really see them in zergs more so in small scale.Im not calling for a nerf but *** would I love to hit that on magsorc or mag necro ultimately I hope they will raise the floor and let other classes hit that hard too.

PURGE NEEDS TO COST SIGNIFICANTLY LESS. So stam and mag can use it. Because right now if you dont have a purge you are ***. Make it like 2.5k on cast. Lastly cast time on ults, nobody likes it. Revert that dumb ***. Finally thoughts on how to get through this patch... dont play necro. Play templar or NB. DK still is pretty good with the dot and burst same could be said about stam warden. MagSorc got kicked in the nuts. Stamsorc is barely above mag sorc the healing and burst from 2H is whats keeping it afloat. And have a purge or mobility. If you read all this you deserve a cookie.
Edited by NinchiTV on September 1, 2019 8:47PM
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, no one can out heal DoTs so don't worry. I actually think magcro is better of this patch than last patch. Regarding your magcro mobility I try and help a bit.

1. Steed is not a bad tech option for a mundus stone. Value-wise it is actually a really powerful mundus. In addition to the 238 hp regen that can help you out with DoTs passively, 10% move speed bonus really helps a lot for a class without innate mobility skills.
    2. Try to place down your AoEs/fears/CCs to escape. I think magcro's biggest selling point atm is its aoe pressure with debuffs/snares what not. Instead of running you can attempt to play a bit more aggressively by CCIng them/duking it out instead.
    3. Get extra max stam/stam regen from say: shacklebreaker/bloodspawn (basically good sets with extra stam utility).
    4. Instead of running mist form try using Race against time (which also grants you snare immunity). The other option is to use Channeled Acceleration (I often see this skill overlooked but one cast allows for 12s of major expedition! and even if you don't have the time to recast it you're still getting minor force for 36 seconds. I actually suggest channeled acceleration if you just want raw move speed while using less magicka and race against time if you only use the skill as an "escape option" which can help you with snares on demand.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    when a magNB hits 30k spec bow and 30k soul harvest

When I stopped reading.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For mobility, literally just slot race against time. Problem solved.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    Honestly, no one can out heal DoTs so don't worry.

False, mag templar, mag DK, and mag warden all can in CP and no CP by stacking HoTs. Stam sorc, stam DK, and stam templar can also get decent healing through similar processes.

The other class specs? Well...That's...

Ain't my problem!
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magcro for sure is best in a group setting. Solo... is... uhhh.

Mnb 30k SH/Merc proc... boy I wish. Nothing this patch got better for Mnb either and with the intense amount of jabs currently in PvP- good luck doing anything outside attacking other solo players.

JABS JABS JABS JABS! 800m snare JABS JABS POTL JABS CRESCENT. All while you have a handful of dots ticking on you at the sameness time.

Least favorite patch this year.
    Edited by Insco851 on September 1, 2019 12:47AM
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bone totem is really underwhelming making it almost impossible to reliably CC when against a good player. Drunk bones gets unslotted because he spends half his time standing around looking drunk and confused. Tether needs to be looked at because sometimes that *** breaks before I even get a tick.

Flame skull is okay I guess but it’s another spooky scary Halloween themed ability among many others. Aesthetically the skills are more monster mash than TES necromancer.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on September 1, 2019 12:58AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I stopped reading.

Yeah lol. If you’re getting hit by 30k spectral bow it’s time to go back to the drawing board and learn some basic builds.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main problem I'm having with magnecro is that it doesn't have any good options for CC which is giving me a hard time landing the already unreliable burst. Clench is pretty terrible, the vampire stun is pretty meh and bone totem is a good ability but the stun is delayed. I haven't played stamina necro but after playing Magicka for a few weeks I'm pretty sure Stam has better options for solo PvP. Blastbones is stupid most of the time when you cast the ability it just sits there looking around.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main problem I'm having with magnecro is that it doesn't have any good options for CC which is giving me a hard time landing the already unreliable burst. Clench is pretty terrible, the vampire stun is pretty meh and bone totem is a good ability but the stun is delayed. I haven't played stamina necro but after playing Magicka for a few weeks I'm pretty sure Stam has better options for solo PvP. Blastbones is stupid most of the time when you cast the ability it just sits there looking around.

Ghostly embrace has been the saving grace for the CC issues for me at least. I wish it had a dmg component but it at least works as a defensive soft CC that lets you reset while setting up the burst. The maim really helps as well.

Still, solo is pretty rough this patch regardless.
    Edited by Insco851 on September 1, 2019 4:58AM
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    NinchiTV wrote: »
    when a magNB hits 30k spec bow and 30k soul harvest - and they do that so effortlessly with just light attack and because the low cost on soul harvest they hit that <30 secs a fight. That combo blows the *** out of sorc curse and frags and necro skull/blastbones.

NB more specifically magNB ya I SEE YOU MOFOS with 30k hp 25k resistances hitting 15k soul harvest and 15k spec bow which is guarantee to hit with your fear.

Not hating on the necro part because I agree. But you are waaaay far from right when it comes to magblade this patch lmfao. I can count on my hands the amount of times I've actually landed a decent combo this patch. Soul harvest is just clunky and when you fear into a spec bow they INSTANTLY break free and dodge roll, like, i'm literally 2 feet from the dude, fear him and IMMEDIATELY spec bow with ani cancels involved too, and they still manage to dodge roll the bow. It is almost impossible to land a decent combo on a competent player this patch on magblade.... coming from an experienced one.
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
    be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

Ghostly embrace has been the saving grace for the CC issues for me at least. I wish it had a dmg component but it at least works as a defensive soft CC that lets you reset while setting up the burst. The maim really helps as well.

I’ll give that a try I was thinking of just not having a cc at all and slotting an additional DOT but that . Hopefully ghostly embrace will allow me to create some space. I was planning on having mag necro be my new main but it’s just to frustrating to play sometime
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

I’ll give that a try I was thinking of just not having a cc at all and slotting an additional DOT but that . Hopefully ghostly embrace will allow me to create some space. I was planning on having mag necro be my new main but it’s just to frustrating to play sometime

Yea same. Though I built mine with intention of running in a small man.

I’m also using the beckoning armor. Not really controllable but has nice synergy if you are trying to do the avid boneyard synergy+colossus harmony build.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, what’s everyone’s comfortable regen been on magcro? I feel like I can get it down to 1600 and still be fine, tho I’m imperial so that has thrown me off. Looking to maybe race change but no point if I switch to high elf and just have to run a ton more regen.
    Edited by Insco851 on September 1, 2019 5:57PM
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

When I stopped reading.

Yeah lol. If you’re getting hit by 30k spectral bow it’s time to go back to the drawing board and learn some basic builds.

Typo on my part i meant 15k but thought 30k because that what it would hit in pve @brandonv516 @Vapirko point still stands a magNB who does 30k combo is pretty insane
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NinchiTV wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »

When I stopped reading.

Typo on my part i meant 15k but thought 30k because that what it would hit in pve @brandonv516 @Vapirko point still stands a magNB who does 30k combo is pretty insane

Very much not an easy play in the current meta. Also consider mnb has no delayed burst skill like Potl, shalks, curse... bow proc HAS to hit harder to compensate. It’s also not willy nilly or free or by any means easy like a Curse>Frag sorc combos.

Strong in the right hands for sure tho. Not many of them out there. It would literally be last on the list for a new player if they were to ask.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just play stam necro. The play style is almost identical...BB, Colossus, Heal pet, etc. You gain access to mobility, a good CC, executes. It's not the best stam class by a long shot, but at least it is marginally functional.

• mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    big changes that have made magnecro feel great.

1. accelerating drain: if you haven't tried this CC you're missing the boat
    2. entropy and soul trap dot buffs to a dot buff class - yes
    3. Renewing Death - if you don't know this ability, go and read it. with arcanist, spirit guard, blastbones and armor there is always a corpse available for cleanse.

have fun. this class is actually looking really good.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    big changes that have made magnecro feel great.

2. entropy and soul trap dot buffs to a dot buff class - yes
    3. Renewing Death - if you don't know this ability, go and read it. with arcanist, spirit guard, blastbones and armor there is always a corpse available for cleanse.

have fun. this class is actually looking really good.
    Don't morph the Mage to Arcanist IMO, since that really just gives Stam builds 25% damage reduction against it. And yes, Renewing Undeath has been slept on - and has actually been good since the class launched. At least until it being a ground targeted ability causes it to bug out and either be delayed and waste precious GCDs, or simply not be able to be cast at all. That's a pretty frequent source of nerd rage for me right now.

In premade-vs-premade-vs-premade fights in BGs, I still think Magicka Necromancer is pretty bad for an offensive role. Burst damage is even more dominant than usual in those games, and DOTs are countered far too easily. With Blastbones still being really unreliable, and the Colossus being too easily avoided (except for certain specific group compositions, I guess), I think Magicka Necromancer falls behind essentially all other classes in that scenario.

But if it's a game of all solo queued players and there aren't "too many" enemy Templars around, Magicka Necromancer is fairly decent right now, and drastically better than it was pre-Scalebreaker.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    For mobility, literally just slot race against time. Problem solved.

For hard counter against DoTs, literally just slot Purge from Alliance War tree. Problem solved. B)
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume you are block canceling it to stop the channel? Isn't that a lot of work to do just to get the minor expedition?

• mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume you are block canceling it to stop the channel? Isn't that a lot of work to do just to get the minor expedition?

no - don't block cancel it. it is hitting really hard - can actually be your spammable
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no - don't block cancel it. it is hitting really hard - can actually be your spammable

Mine only says 5kish a sec on a mag spec, Nb. 3 seconds is an eternity even with the initial stun. Does the Necro give it something better?
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine only says 5kish a sec on a mag spec, Nb. 3 seconds is an eternity even with the initial stun. Does the Necro give it something better?
    No, but Necromancers don't have any other on-demand CC. The damage on drain is certainly a lot better than it used to be, but it's not going to compare to something like Dizzying Swing for damage (especially if you take into account the fact that 3 Dizzies can happen during the timespan of 1 drain). Still, the damage isn't terrible, and seems quite a bit higher than it used to be.

I've played around a bit with the Necromancer's Totem for CC, and the changes actually made it better than I gave it credit for on the PTS, but it's still not an on-demand CC. One thing that makes Drain good for Necromancers, and at least situationally superior to the totem, is that it can be used to help Blastbones land a bit more reliably. That said, I'm using Invigorating Drain instead of Accelerating right now, as it's still a bit of a bump in Ultimate gain should I cancel it early.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Invigorationg is much better, accelerating is pointless having access to Elusive mist, unless you plan using baleful mist.

I used invigorating a lot on my mDK, it hits really hard and builds ulti quickly, but being vamp is a huge drawback
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique