Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Runestone extraction broken?

Alphawolf01A
Alphawolf01A
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the update, breaking down enchantments has resulted in less rune components.
I used to get the occasional "No usable items" kind of note at the top of the screen. Now there is alot of nothing.
I broke down 10 enchantments on a character and received 3 components total. I have all the passives in enchanting.
I have repeated this on each of my 8 characters with similar results.
Did the mass crafting update break deconstructing?
Edited by Alphawolf01A on September 5, 2019 10:22AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been getting almost the same amounts I got before the update.
    Bad rng maybe, bud?
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad RNG is always a possibility, but since the update, I've seen diminishing returns on deconing.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better check the obvious ... you didn’t respec after the Update, @Alphawolf01A, and forget to put points back into decon?

Unlikely, but may as well inquire.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. No respec. All points presented and accounted for. I thought the same thing at first.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runestones have always had a low return rate. 3 out of 10 sounds right, even if it is a really low amount of tries.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad RNG is always a possibility, but since the update, I've seen diminishing returns on deconing.

There is no diminishing returns on deconing. Every decon has the very same odds. Nothing changes from one to the next.

It is very common to see a thread like this though it usually concerns gold matt from refining raw matts. Always comes back to bad RNG.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    Runestones have always had a low return rate. 3 out of 10 sounds right, even if it is a really low amount of tries.

This is pretty much my experience also. The extraction passive is underwhelming. The only recent change I'm sure of is that I no longer get the "no usable items found" message. It sort of mirrors the way we now get message about deconstructing when an equipment item is used for research.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I worded it wrong. I know every decon has the same odds.

What I meant was that before the update, I would usually receive atleast 1-2 of the 3 runes from deconning an enchantment.
    Now I get alot more single rune or "nothing" from deconning and the absence of the "no usable items found" message just adds to the sense of getting less. Like the game didn't even bother to acknowledge the item I deconned. Just *POOF* gone!
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deconning 10 enchantments used to net me 8 -10 rune matts. Now I get about 3 from the same 10 enchantments. This has been a daily result across my 8 crafter capable characters.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s felt that way for me for a long time. I only decon the ones with rakeipa, haoko, the rare ones, and just sell the rest. I hate seeing that I get nothing, or worse just a ta, out of it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely no longer get the message of no usable components found (or whatever the exact wording is). It does make me feel like "Did it actually complete the decon or did it just vanish?"

But, it doesn't seem like I'm getting less back, overall. My general feeling of my return rate pre-patch was at best 6-7 out of ten times I'd get something back, and usually, green or higher vs white saw generally better returns.

But I feel like overall, the multi-extraction has yielded the same results as before. I just hope that the non-message when you don't get anything just means that you didn't get anything and not that the extraction failed.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 18, 2019 7:36PM