Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Ranked PvP in eso?

kralskritek
Hello,
is there any kind of ranked system in PvP? Any special rewards why to do PvP mode?
Almost in every other MMORPG, there is usually ranked system - does eso have ranked system? How pvp work in this manner?
Or it is only "play for fun" without special rewards and any special PvP related stuff?
I can see there is some kind of leaderboard? What is it and how that works?

Thanks!
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You get a rank with title, you get skill points, and you get alliance points to spend.
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get Alliance rank which allows you to buy one housing item per rank they're all different leaderboards changes per campaign Pur top players of the campaign with number one have any chance to become emperor also with each rank that you unlock you get a title and a color to dye with
    And as far as ranked rewards there is none there's campaign Rewards which are based upon your standings per campaign top 100 getting gold jewelry in most campaigns of a 30-day nature
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on September 4, 2019 1:12PM
    Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no such thing as a true ranking system. Both leaderboards, the one for Emperor and the second for Battlegrounds, are measuring only your time played in a given period and does not measure your performance at all like you are used to, from every other game.

So the answer is pretty mixed, there is a ranking system but it is for fun only. If competitive ranking system that is contest of player performance is what you seek, you will be disappointed. Sorry, ESO has zero competition in PvP.

However, PvE has some nice competitive leaderboards. Leaderboards in trials, vMA, vDSA and vBRP measure all of your group perfomance, deaths, time, everything. So you may satisfy your competitive needs there.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 4, 2019 7:47PM
    Options
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought battlegrounds have character MMR.
    Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »

Correct, but

MMR is cumulative, it can go only up, never down. It is not visible to you or other players. You can't know precisely what your MMR is. The MMR number is used only for matchmaking purposes, nothing else.

Leaderboards which are visible are not tied to MMR in any way. They are display of cumulative medal score earned in a week. You earn 4k medal score in first match, than 2k in another, your leaderboard score will be 6k than. Leaderboards resets once a week on Monday. Who has the most time to play is the highest place in leaderboards, obviously.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 4, 2019 7:53PM
    Options
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds have leaderboards, Cyrodil has Alliance ranks and that's the most ranking this game can handle. Any type of ranked 1v1s would never work because of how poor performance is in this game.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinkin8r wrote: »
    Battlegrounds have leaderboards, Cyrodil has Alliance ranks and that's the most ranking this game can handle. Any type of ranked 1v1s would never work because of how poor performance is in this game.

Poor performance is well as broken sets
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You get the titles (ranks) from the AP earned.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Alliance_Points

Rewards for leaderboards if you make enough points during the campaign.
    Edited by redlink1979 on September 5, 2019 11:15AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • Skysenzz
    Skysenzz
    ✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »

Correct, but

MMR is cumulative, it can go only up, never down. It is not visible to you or other players. You can't know precisely what your MMR is. The MMR number is used only for matchmaking purposes, nothing else.

Leaderboards which are visible are not tied to MMR in any way. They are display of cumulative medal score earned in a week. You earn 4k medal score in first match, than 2k in another, your leaderboard score will be 6k than. Leaderboards resets once a week on Monday. Who has the most time to play is the highest place in leaderboards, obviously.

This is not at all how MMR works in Battlegrounds lmoa
    The points that u get from battlegrounds are for the ranking board, it is only there for the rewards.
    There is indeed a MMR that filter players by their skill, but it isn't that much revelant cuz nobody knows/understands how group finder works (it's a huge pile of ***) So you can have some decent skilled battlegrounds but ye, they're most of the time unballanced because the teams are badly built; some teams are made out of 4 people while others only have 3, some teams have 1/2 supports while some team have none. With a bit of luck it can be really interesting match with balanced teams but ye, let's say it happens 20% of the time of high MMR Battlegrounds.
    Also some times u get a high MMR dude lost in low mmr match & vice versa.

CP1000+
    DC sDK Skysenzz
    DC Stamden Kartag Vosh Rakh
    DC mDK Ignis-Noctem
    DC sDK Ellesperis
    DC MagSorc Victorià
    EP Stamplar Subject to change
    EP StamBlade Powerful Ninja Zoid
    DC StamNecro StamDK ls Better
    Options
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Legte black is the only true black ingame. And only get it with PvP
    Options
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the database re-build and, let’s say, attempt, at optimizing coming next year. I would hope to see improvements to BG matchmaking, with a goal for ranked matchmaking with more optimized game types, and maybe even the choice of support roles. Even having solo and group games separate.

It’s worth mentioning here I think, that the domination and crazy king game types are anti-PvP. I had a couple games the other night where the winning team in both games rode around on their horses avoiding everyone and just running between flags, it is the dumbest “PvP” I have ever seen in any game.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
    Options
  • kralskritek
    Thank you for your responses.
    I am quite used to play ranked PvP games... (gw2, wow...) and I am gonna miss this feeling of competition... the feeling that it matters whether you win or loose... Does it totally not matter in ESO, right?
    Its sad Eso does not support this, because battlegrounds are fun. :(
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skysenzz wrote: »
    There is indeed a MMR that filter players by their skill

No.

Yes, on a per character basis.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legte black is the only true black ingame. And only get it with PvP

This guy gets it.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Poor performance is well as broken sets

Not to mention poor choices for ddos protection.
    Options
  • MishMash
    MishMash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just fair warning about the state of PvP right now... there is one issue I can confirm as it happened to me.

There is a chance when you crash you will return to see that you lost your Alliance Skill Line -- where it goes from rank 10 to 1 and they cannot fix it! If interested see post WARNING: You Can Lose Rank Levels --

Standard support and Elevated support cannot do anything about this either. It will take the Devs to even take a moment to review this and fix it. I've been waiting since 8/29 and just found out yesterday 9/4 that they cannot do anything about the skill line rank loss. IMHO this is a critical flaw in the game. Anyone that has ranked up their Alliance Skill Line (Support / Assault) knows it takes time. My rank was 10 for about 3 1/2 yrs, so it broke my build -- especially with DoTs are strong right now not having purge really stinks!
    PC NA DC 4eva! I try my very best. If it is not good enough for you too bad! Playing off and on since April 2014 CP2009.
    Options