Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New dragon shouts from Elsweyr?

Footfalls
Footfalls
✭✭✭
Does anyone have the translations for the new dragon shouts in Elsweyr? I've been looking all over the place but haven't been able to find them.

@ZOS_LeamonTuttle , we need your help!
  • CairnGormless
    CairnGormless
    Soul Shriven
    If you mean the shouts of the dragons when they're being attcked in Elsewyr, I had been wondering about that too. Before I realised there was even such a thing as a dragon shout, I thought they were first saying "Begone" and then something else like "Fools will die". After a bit of searching, I found a page with dragon shouts and their translations, and, though I'm still not sure what the first one is, the second is almost certainly the Unrelenting Force shout, "Fus Ro Dah" (which translates as "force, balance, push"). I'll listen to them more carefully from now on, and see if I can work out what the others are.
    Here is the page I got that one from ... https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Shouts

Steve (@NZWild) as Zavatun, Gliophorus, Cairn Gormless, Jo'Zanqanarzirr & Humphrey Snufflebottom.
    Edited by CairnGormless on August 30, 2019 6:50PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you mean the shouts of the dragons when they're being attcked in Elsewyr, I had been wondering about that too. Before I realised there was even such a thing as a dragon shout, I thought they were first saying "Begone" and then something else like "Fools will die". After a bit of searching, I found a page with dragon shouts and their translations, and, though I'm still not sure what the first one is, the second is almost certainly the Unrelenting Force shout, "Fus Ro Dah" (which translates as "force, balance, push"). I'll listen to them more carefully from now on, and see if I can work out what the others are.
    Here is the page I got that one from ... https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Shouts

Steve (@NZWild) as Zavatun, Gliophorus, Cairn Gormless, Jo'Zanqanarzirr & Humphrey Snufflebottom.

If you get killed by Fus Ro Dah, your death recap says Unrelenting Force. You might want to get killed by "Begone". The death recap might have a clue.
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    I am almost certain that one of the shouts (other than Unrelenting Force) that the overworld dragons love using is Tiid Toor Daan (Time Inferno Doom). I'm not entirely certain of my accuracy though.

@ZOS_LeamonTuttle : Could you find out for us what new shouts these dragons are using?
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Ethoir wrote: »
    Tiid Toor Daan (Time Inferno Doom). I'm not entirely certain of my accuracy though.
    This sounds pretty close. Was listening today and can't quite hear the "t" in "Toor". Almost sounds like a j/zh sound like Joor (Mortal)

The Earth Spike sounds close to Qeth Se Gol (i.e. bone of earth). Maybe not Se, possibly Golt (ground).

Kind of surprised these aren't already known.

• Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice if the shouts actually showed up if subtitles (or subtitle addons) are enabled.

I thought they were shouting Tiid Toor Daan since it always resulted in fire raining from the sky shortly thereafter.

The annoying one is the fire shout that sticks a ridiculously powerful dot on you. The kind that kills a player with 16-18k HP in at least three ticks if it isn't cleansed immediately. This one makes the most sense to be "Tiid Toor Daan".

Another other possibility is when fire creeps along the ground and generates explosions. Third in line are the fireballs that rain from the sky and produce lots of small AoE circles on the ground for you to stay out of if you don't want to be hit with a fiery explosion.

Need to find out which shouts they are and what their words of power are.
    Edited by Ethoir on September 4, 2019 3:16PM
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭