The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rune Focus possibly bugged

sentientomega
sentientomega
✭✭✭
This ability's tooltip reads as follows: "Create a rune of celestial protection. While active, the rune grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280. Standing within the rune increases Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance granted by 50%."

Now, what this means, and was indeed demonstrated a couple of patches ago, is that whether your character's in the rune area or not, you gain the base resistances at a minimum, and the bonus resistance if you were inside the circle.

What I've seen today is that Rune Focus now only offers any resistance (base and bonus) while inside the rune area, in contrast to the tooltip info, and no word of this change was in any patch notes. Is this a bug, or a stealth change?
  • nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭
    It appears to be working fine on all three of my templars.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    @nickl413

Working fine how? Like the tooltip says? Remember, it does not say you have to stand in it to get any benefit at all, only extra benefit.

Outside of the rune's area, your health bar's augmented by the resistance buff, and visually shown to be so?

I am talking about the base ability, btw, not any morph. If I'm right, you'd have it morphed. I'm noticing no drop in damage sustained with it active, outside of the rune's area on the base morph.
  • nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭
    Working fine like according to my character sheet My resistances are up. Yes, outside the rune. And yes I looked at the unmorphed version as well as both morphs.

Just checked, and yes, it augments the health bar and decreases incoming damage.
    Edited by nickl413 on August 31, 2019 12:57PM
  • nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭
    Correction: Health bar is NOT augmented outside the rune, however, incoming damage is reduced.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    nickl413 wrote: »
    Correction: Health bar is NOT augmented outside the rune, however, incoming damage is reduced.

That would make sense, since it wasn't that easy to see whether or not everything was working as it should. I will have to check again, though; experiment with damage being dealt by enemies, because I could've sworn that during the dolmen fights, in which I was alone, I was taking the same damage as if the rune wasn't active at all. For sure, I've seen the resistance buffs active on the buffs bar, I really hope they do prove to be actually providing that resistance when I start testing again.
    Edited by sentientomega on September 1, 2019 5:16AM
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    You're right, @nickl413 . It *is* working, I turned on combat numbers, and tested it with a wolf NPC. In the rune area, outside the rune area with said rune active, and without the rune active at all, there doesn't seem to be an huge amount of mitigation, but it should still help complement Rally's heal with Sacred Ground. It should be of some use, still, unless I decide on a more comprehensive build change. Thanks for helping me out, it's cleared things up. :)
  • nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya it's not much. Major resolve/ward only adds about 8% mitigation.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You get that regardless of whether or not you are in the rune but you get an extra ~4% while you stand in the rune
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you check the resistance numbers on your character sheet?
  • nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »

You get that regardless of whether or not you are in the rune but you get an extra ~4% while you stand in the rune

Yes i know, we are talking about damage mitigation outside the rune.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Did you check the resistance numbers on your character sheet?

I'm afraid that didn't occur to me in the middle of combat, all that action going on.