Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Auriel's Bow - more lag? More zerglings?

InvictusApollo
InvictusApollo
✭✭✭✭✭
There are rumours that we are going to get a new daedric artifact in Cyrodill. Whether it is going to spawn together with Volendrung, instead of it or on a seperate cooldown, I have some bad feelings. I highly doubt that introduction of daedric mechanics will solve the problem developers hoped that it would. Volendrung was supposed to create another hotspot on the map in order to make people spread between different Cyrodill cells. How it worked out is visible for everyone. It just makes people stack and zerg even more. Those that have it want to defend it and score some AP while being around. And those who don't have it, want to either get it or defend their keeps while scoring some AP. Volendrung became a marker of where the lag is greatest.

What do you think? What are your predictions for this new artifact?
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auriel's bow is aedric though
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless ZOS seriously changes the mechanics, it will continue to draw a large crowd of players eager to do whatever the artifact is designed to do. And it will likely end up in the hands of the most dominant faction, simply because they can throw the most players at grabbing it even when it doesnt spawn on their side of the map.

In terms of adding another conflict point, artifacts work great.

In terms of spreading out the fights to help with performance, Volundrung is a failure.

Unfortunately, ZOS says Volundrung is working as intended...
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great.. now they dont even have to reach you to deal artifact level damage
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Never go to Volendrung location if its not in your group. Thats simple. Same with new bow. Just ignore it if you are not going to grab it and farm some pugs outside of faction area
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would send the artifact Idea to oblivion
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagine the skills with a Volenbow lol

Snipe - Deals 200000 damage and puts Major Defile on entire faction. Range 5000 meters

Draining shot - knock enemy back into PvE

Arrow barrage - send a hail of arrows that destroys gates, walls and towers (radius 300 meters)

Emperor shot - since your faction is likely to already have emp when the bow spawns, this ability pulls all your zergs together and deletes AD

Low pop shot - your alliance will gain a low pop bonus when on pop lock and owning the entire map.

Ultimate: crashes the game for everyone (LuL)
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When people complain about Snipe, over and over, despite the fact it was nerfed multiple times...

Auriel's bow as an OP PvP Artefact, (It will be more OP than Volendrung, because it will be NEW stuff), then it pretty much means that PvP will simply look like this:
    tenor.gif
    For me it is another reason NOT to play PvP...
    (assuming if the news about it are true to begin with :D )
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on September 3, 2019 4:53PM
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    this ability pulls all your zergs together
    That's redundant, the artifact does that simply by existing :D
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, we all know there won't be an Auriels Bow. It's not even a daedric artefact. Plus, the guys that posted the "leaked" changes already admitted they made it all up
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. But IIRC around the time Volendrung went live, ZOS declared that they intend to eventually introduce other artifacts in Cyrodiil.

Since we already have the hammer, the next logical step would be a ranged artifact, most likely magicka so that there's a better variety.

But this is ZOS we're dealing with, so any kind of logic is highly overrated :trollface:
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the flip side, being on the losing side that is always fighting against ridiculous sized hordes of both colors, the hammer is a savior.

My guildie gets the hammer like 70-80% of the time. During that window is the only time our faction accomplishes anything.

I love it.

The lag was atrocious way before the hammer showed up. Don’t hate the hammer hate the game.
    Edited by SneaK on September 3, 2019 7:21PM
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    Don’t hate the hammer hate the game.

I'd say: don't hate the game, hate the "managers" who cut costs on servers.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are seriously introducing another artifact it needs to be one designed around magic, the bow has magic elements but no.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember, it’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someday we will have more artifacts than players in cyrodiil.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyro and IC need a rework in general. Something to do for PvP guild's. Dynamic mechanics for different states of population...
    PC EU - DC only
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Well, we all know there won't be an Auriels Bow. It's not even a daedric artefact. Plus, the guys that posted the "leaked" changes already admitted they made it all up

Lmao you really are excited to be posting that the notes were fake.
    When people complain about Snipe, over and over, despite the fact it was nerfed multiple times...

Auriel's bow as an OP PvP Artefact, (It will be more OP than Volendrung, because it will be NEW stuff), then it pretty much means that PvP will simply look like this:
    tenor.gif
    For me it is another reason NOT to play PvP...
    (assuming if the news about it are true to begin with :D )

Good. You'd probably be free AP for the small scalers anyway.
  • The_Shadowborn
    The_Shadowborn
    ✭✭✭
    Meh just drop the Hammer into the water and see all the lag vanish. Makes playing PvP anywhere in Cyrodiil impossible. It could be down in Black Boot and you'll have intense lag at Kings.

The marker should be removed or at the very least only update every 10 mins or so. Zos created a focal point with the map marker which the servers in their current state can not handle.

Spread people out with events occurring at different points at the map at once. Like people will get double AP at the edge outposts for X amount of time or more Alliance score for holding these outposts for X duration. Be creative, overhaul the whole Emp mechanic and scoring if needed to add some life into a dying pvp environment.
    @W_Shadowborn (PC/EU)
    - Toxic Toads
    - Noxious
    - [/s] Cyrodiil's Fist
    [/s]
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volendrung was supposed to create another hotspot on the map in order to make people spread between different Cyrodill cells.

A number of people thought it was patently obvious what the result would be... zergathon!

Apparently, none of those people were anyone at zos.

Still, the hammer does shake things up a bit, and I quite like it. It opens opportunities, especially when you specifically avoid following it around.... It does need a hard timer on it though. Factions holding it for hours on end just crushes gameplay.
  • Cernunnos55
    Cernunnos55
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon it would be pretty entertaining for, rather than one OP artefact spawning and the faction with the most numbers dominating and retrieving it, instead 3 artefacts could spawn. Each one with a different faction at random, and it cannot be picked up by the other faction.
    Guild Master of The Pride of Daggerfall, D.C. loyalist and commander of the Cerglings.

R’hana – Khajiit – StamBlade – Crafter/PvP
    Iranduril – Altmer – MagSorc – PvE DPS
    Sayelo Tomylilfren – Argonian – Hybrid Dragonknight – PvE Tank
    A Brexit Policy – Redguard – StamSorc – PvP
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will I be able to siege alessia from chal with it?
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is something sweet if Auriel´s Bow make its way to Cyrodiil. Absolutely one of the best campaigns back in the days. Hurrah just because of it.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Auriel's bow is aedric though

That won’t stop Sheogorath from farting around with it.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make is so that a player holding an artifact has Magicka Detonation cast on them every few seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OOxBkzS3k4&t=6s
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off topic op but thank you for mentioning two other mmos in another thread.

Conqueror’s blade is dope thanks again mate.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make is so that a player holding an artifact has Magicka Detonation cast on them every few seconds.
    Nice try, but it would need to have a very large range, since many magicka heals are max range abilities.